• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Probably late to the table on this, but MDE not available on windows tablet :(

jvattes

Loves the planning as much as being there!
Totally bummed about this! Won't be able to use the app during our visit. I guess people are trying to petition them to make it available? Any news on this?

I feel your pain. I loved my HTC Windows 8x phone. No My Disney Experience though. My wife had an iphone though, so she controlled the MDE. I ended up switching back to an old Android before our next trip so I could use it.

Consider buying a cheap Android phone/tablet or iphone on ebay before your trip. You can connect it to the wifi there and use MDE without having to change phones/tablets or pay for anything other than the price of the phone.

Or you can go through the website.

I have a Windows Phone and a Surface...so I feel your pain. But its not impossible to access MDEx.

Or you can go through the website.

I have a Windows Phone and a Surface...so I feel your pain. But its not impossible to access MDEx.

Is there wifi in the park to access the site?

(sorry - clueless about these technological things - we have only a dumbphone, aside from the tablet)

Is there wifi in the park to access the site?

(sorry - clueless about these technological things - we have only a dumbphone, aside from the tablet)

Yes, they added it not TOO long ago.

Although, most people report that the quality of the signal ranges from Fair to Poor.

And there is good wifi at the resorts...so if your day starts different than you had expected you can make changes there easily. I've found the wifi in the park varies, but is decent.

I was wondering this as well. I have an android phone with the MDE app. I just bought a Asus notebook and couldn't find the MDE app.

Someone told me that if you link your phone to your google account, you can download the apps on your phone to your tablet (if you link your tablet to your google account). I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know if it works.

I was wondering this as well. I have an android phone with the MDE app. I just bought a Asus notebook and couldn't find the MDE app.

Someone told me that if you link your phone to your google account, you can download the apps on your phone to your tablet (if you link your tablet to your google account). I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know if it works.

It definitely won't work for me. My phone is as dumb as they come --- no apps ;)

Though the hubs is trying to talk me into an upgrade. Because, you know, I need a better phone. Oh yeah, and also, Disney ;)

the good news is that on the windows tablet, you can use the website interface instead of the app. the tablet has a screen big enough that you can really utilize it.

for the windows phone, i wouldn't think the same would be as beneficial, although Pete said (on the podcast) that it was better than the app. i'd try that!

??

As in, BlackBerry is even harder to get apps for

or

As in you think I should get one - in which case - are you buying??? ;)

Yes, BlackBerry is tough to get apps for. At least BB10 can run Android apps, so I'm good. It's not a native app, but it works.

I use an Asus tablet and have had good results using the native Browser. before loading the WDW page, I go into settings (the three dots in the upper right corner) and choose "Request desktop site[]." I ignore the warnings about browser being obsolete. It seems to be stable.

Just an FYI - I finally figured out how to link my phone and tablet to my google account and it says the app is not available, so no go. I guess I will be using the website too.

Hi, I feel your pain. DH and I both own Nokia 1020 Windows phones and tablets etc..

But we do have our fruit devices from the old days, so thinking of taking one with me just for MDE.

However the comments here, have made me rethink that. I am sure it will be a better experience using the web interface on my Nokia 1020. I have a pretty big screen :)

Meanwhile I will definitely be campaigning Microsoft, as they have some great Disney Games available in their store, in fact they just released a new Frozen one that I am addicted too. So strange about the MDE app.

Have a great trip.

No access on Android tablet either, so feel your pain.

I used my browser on my tablet to make all my ADRs (only thing I had access to) and it worked fine.

I had this same issue last year with my android tablet. I had read somewhere that there were APK downloads that would install the app on an android tablet. I googled "my disney experience APK download", downloaded a file(there are many and I don't remember which specific one I chose), and managed to create a shortcut icon for my home screen. It's an older version of the app but still works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter