Probably going to choose CSR for the first time ever!

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
I will not pay for a preferred room but are there any requests you think I should put in when making the reservation?

We don't spend any time at the resort except to sleep and to swim but as far as location or anything else you can think of...

Thank you, as always, my friends!

I recommend that you request for building 8B Cabanas.

Puts you near the lobby, the pools, and Stop 4.

The bus system works like this: Park buses go to stop 2 first, then 3, then 4, then 1. Stop one is the lobby. I know. It's weird. I have no idea why they decided to number them like that.

Downtown Disney buses go in the correct order: 1, 2, 3, 4. From Stop 4, they go all the way to DTD, so don't be intending to go to the lobby.

Once again, to get to the lobby, jump on any theme park bus and it should head there before it departs for the park. I didn't find it hard to get a seat at Stop 4. Buses were often empty. Always ask the driver where they are going when you get on the bus, because even though we had a pretty good grasp of the system, we got screwed over by the routes a few times when bus drivers decided to change it up and not say anything.

There are also internal buses that stay at the resort.

Have fun!

If swimming at the resort pool is on your agenda (and the pool and hot tub at CSR are awesome ) you may want to request a room close to the pool . If you plan to eat at the Pepper Market you may want to request a room closer to the Central Hall. We love CSR but it is a bit spread out and your walk from one place to another can take up to 15 minutes . But the bus service has always been excellent to all of the parks . Enjoy your stay !

I've stayed at CSR 3 times. I never made any requests and was in Casitas all 3 times. I would have been happy anywhere. I like the overall look of this area (Casitas) with the fountains and courtyards. I have walked all over the resort and did not find it too spread out. I was never there with small children however. When I was there solo I was satisfied with the bus service, the other 2 times we had a rental car.

The last time we stayed at CSR, we stayed in building 5 of the Casitas, room 5200 to be specific. It was a "standard" room but we had a great view of the lake, without paying for a lake view. Also about halfway between the main building and the main pool.

I will not pay for a preferred room but are there any requests you think I should put in when making the reservation?

We don't spend any time at the resort except to sleep and to swim but as far as location or anything else you can think of...

Thank you, as always, my friends!

Since you are a party of 6 all over 3 you will require 2 rooms. I would make my only request to be " connecting rooms". Connecting rooms have an interior door between them and are NEVER guaranteed. It is just a request. As long as you have 2 adults you can be split into 2 non-connecting rooms. If you try to put 6 in a regular room and are discovered you could be forced to either get a second room at rack rate or be told to leave. It is a fire code issue and Disney takes it very seriously.

I just stayed at CSR for a convention and loved it. I had read and saw the map on how large the resort is, it is large, but very manageable. We were in Castias 4 , very close to bus stop 2. About 1/2 way between the Dig Pool and the lobby.

I liked being not far from both things!

We have stayed several times at CSR. We always request Cabanas, building 8A. as it is very close to The Dig Site (main pool) and bus stop 4. About a 5 minute walk to El Centro (main lobby and Pepper Market). If all you are looking for is to sleep and swim, request Cabanas, building 8A. You will love it!

I would request either Cabanas 8A or 8B. Both would be very convenient to bus stop 4 and the pool, while not being too far from El Centro. Of course, connecting rooms request is a no brainer.

Good luck! You will love CSR!

I have my room request for CSR tentatively set for Cabanas 8A. It looks close to the main pool, transportation and the Siestas Cantina which has a limited food menu available(which we will hopefully utilize for breakfast).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter