Prix Fixe 3 Course at Chefs de France on Dining Plan?

marmermea

Mouseketeer
I just looked at the updated menu for Chefs de France and saw the wonderful Prix Fixe 3 Course Menu. It includes an appetizer, entree and dessert with choices of each. Has anyone heard if you can get this on the dining plan? We have a reservation at the end of October.

Subbing to this thread. I'd like to know the answer as well since I'll be making ADRs in a week. :yay:

-Astrid

Yes, you can get the fixed price menu at Les Chefs...all four people in our party did in May (on the regular Dining Plan) It is quite nice to get 3 course meal without paying extra for the appetizer.

Click on my May 2009 review below in my signature -- pictures & details on post 91, page 7 (even pictures of Remy/Ratatouille if you're going to be there before 9/5 you might get to see him.)
The french onion soup is outstanding, as is the profiteroles for dessert. We had 3 different entrees...all were good. The creme brulee is good, but DH & I thought the profiteroles was outstanding. Yum!

Yes, you can get the fixed price menu at Les Chefs...all four people in our party did in May (on the regular Dining Plan) It is quite nice to get 3 course meal without paying extra for the appetizer.

Click on my May 2009 review below in my signature -- pictures & details on post 91, page 7 (even pictures of Remy/Ratatouille if you're going to be there before 9/5 you might get to see him.)
The french onion soup is outstanding, as is the profiteroles for dessert. We had 3 different entrees...all were good. The creme brulee is good, but DH & I thought the profiteroles was outstanding. Yum!

Your review was fabulous. Now I think I need to add that one to my list!

I am sure you can get this on the dinning plan, they had a similar 3 course at Leceillar last year and you could use the dinning plan, there was no substitutions on these meals, which have made some folks upset on here, I think that these menus are used to save Disney some money, it's like a sale sort of by luring folks to order the 3 course preset, the menu will have some of the least expensive dishes as well as appetizers for you to choose from, but so many will love the fact that they are getting a free appy! You can always call the dinning line and ask! They are great I know I had my list of questions for them!Well I just went back to look at the menus and Chefs 3 course and it looks pretty good!

Your review was fabulous. Now I think I need to add that one to my list!

Thanks

I am sure you can get this on the dinning plan, they had a similar 3 course at Leceillar last year and you could use the dinning plan, there was no substitutions on these meals, which have made some folks upset on here, I think that these menus are used to save Disney some money, it's like a sale sort of by luring folks to order the 3 course preset, the menu will have some of the least expensive dishes as well as appetizers for you to choose from, but so many will love the fact that they are getting a free appy! You can always call the dinning line and ask! They are great I know I had my list of questions for them!Well I just went back to look at the menus and Chefs 3 course and it looks pretty good!

Yep, in May we did both Les Chefs fixed priced menu and 2 in our party did the Le Cellier Chef's Choice when we went there (May dining review below, post 101 on page 7.) Especially at Le Cellier they are steering you towards some of the less expensive entrees...but the girls (dd, age 20 & her BFF, age 19) did not want the most expensive entree, the mushroom filet -they wanted the prime rib which is allowed on the fixed price choices, and they definitely did want the appetizers

Is it still a Pre Fixe menu here? I am really hoping so, as we have a reservation in 6 days and would love the perks of an appetizer and dessert

...or is this something that is not assumed and needs to be requested seperately? i saw a menu online and it didn't look like it was set up this way :confused3

Is it still a Pre Fixe menu here? I am really hoping so, as we have a reservation in 6 days and would love the perks of an appetizer and dessert...or is this something that is not assumed and needs to be requested seperately? i saw a menu online and it didn't look like it was set up this way

The menu is a la carte, however they do offer a prix fixe option with limited choices. You can see the complete menu here...
http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfd.htm
Scroll down a bit for the prix fixe option.

We had dinner at Les Chefs last night. I was the only one in the group to choose the prix fix option. I had the lobster bisque, short ribs and profiteroles. It was great!!! I highly recommend it!

Thanks all for your answers. This sounds like a great option for our trip coming up in October!

Catne,

I did go to your review and enjoyed it very much. I'm so glad you told me the lobster bisque is fishy as I would have really hated that! Also, you mentioned that if we go before September 5, we could still see Remy. But we're going in October and taking my two daughters. Will Remy not be there?!

Thanks

Thanks all for your answers. This sounds like a great option for our trip coming up in October!

Catne,

I did go to your review and enjoyed it very much. I'm so glad you told me the lobster bisque is fishy as I would have really hated that! Also, you mentioned that if we go before September 5, we could still see Remy. But we're going in October and taking my two daughters. Will Remy not be there?!

Thanks

The original press releases, and what's been reported all summer, is that Remy was leaving Epcot early September & going to Tokyo Disney for several months. There was something reported last week, I believe it was on an unofficial website, suggesting that Remy was going to be around longer, so who knows...last I was reading on that info, it was being considered a rumor only. But I haven't paid attention last few days, so maybe more definitive info has come out.

We did the 3-course fixed price menu on the DDP last Monday (Aug. 24).

Remy was there, and he and his attendant/waitress did their song and dance at our table. Everyone loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter