Private villa booking problems

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Over the years I have booked many private villas and have never had any problems until now.

I bookded a Florida villa via one of the rental listing sites, last Sept and paid deposit on my Credit Card direct to the owner on the phone. Despite numerous emails, texts etc chasing I have never recieved a booking contract or even a confirmation and only once has the owner text me back (about 4 weeks ago- when she was apparantly at the Villa sprucing it up) it is now just under 8 weeks until we travel and I have again emailed 48hours ago asking for this information again with no responce so far, contacted listing site for advice and they just told me to contact villa owner - have been trying to for months.

I have now lost all confidence in this booking where would I stand if I pulled out at this late stage bearing in mind no paperwork has been signed, and even if she does contact me now I am not sure if I want to go ahead with booking, any advice would be gratefully recieved. Thanks

I would contact your credit card provider and see if you can get your deposit back. I'm sure that she will contact you very quickly once she loses your deposit.;)

I would contact your credit card provider and see if you can get your deposit back. I'm sure that she will contact you very quickly once she loses your deposit.;)

I agree I would contact your credit card provider.

Thank you for your replies - Mrs Doubtfire I never thought of that but just checked and she has been paying the taxes on the property since at least 2009, so thats a good sign, Still don't understand why she will not respond to any of my corrspondence!

I was thinking that may be I should write a letter and send it signed for, hopefully this will get her attention and also a reply.

Thank you for your replies - Mrs Doubtfire I never thought of that but just checked and she has been paying the taxes on the property since at least 2009, so thats a good sign, Still don't understand why she will not respond to any of my corrspondence!

I was thinking that may be I should write a letter and send it signed for, hopefully this will get her attention and also a reply.

I wouldn't wait for a response to a letter, especially as you are so close to going. You have emailed and phoned and got no response, so I doubt she would respond to a letter. I would find out if you can get your deposit back and then send her one last email saying that you intend to pull out if you haven't heard from her in 72 hours. Then, if she doesn't respond, book another villa. Even if she does respond, I would consider booking another villa....you have no confirmation or contract which is worrying.

Another thing you could do is ask on the villa owners forum on the Dibb - see how they respond to your problem.

I wouldn't wait for a response to a letter, especially as you are so close to going. You have emailed and phoned and got no response, so I doubt she would respond to a letter. I would find out if you can get your deposit back and then send her one last email saying that you intend to pull out if you haven't heard from her in 72 hours. Then, if she doesn't respond, book another villa. Even if she does respond, I would consider booking another villa....you have no confirmation or contract which is worrying.

Another thing you could do is ask on the villa owners forum on the Dibb - see how they respond to your problem.

I agree, I think that you've done more than enough to try and make contact. I would cut my losses and book another villa then try and get your deposit back through insurance or via your credit card. You don't need the worry of it leading up to your holiday. I think that posting this in the villa owners forum in the dibb is a great idea, the dibb villa owner I've booked with has been so helpful. Let us know how you get on x

I hope you get sorted, last Christmas the owner we booked with sold and the bookings were not passed on. I split our stay between CSR and I found a TH on The Dibb and it worked out just fine :) Please post to let us know.

Oh dear, sounds worrying. Think if I was you I would write this villa off and try find somewhere else. If the owner was still interested in your booking they would have been in touch before now for the balance. Any private villa I have rented has always wanted full payment 8-10 weeks beforehand. Your not having heard from them is ominous.

Good luck getting your deposit back though and hope it works out for you

We have rented about 5 private villas in Florida and have always had correspondence from the owners if I was in your shoes I would book another villa for your own piece of mind. There is no real reason why they wouldn't send you contract and booking forms ,and as previously stated they usually want the balance 8-10 weeks before you travel . Looking at it from a more somber way it is just possible that the owner could now be deceased or hospitalised and not in a position to answer your calls or emails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter