• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Transfer to Manhattan Cruise Terminal

prune1977

DIS Veteran
In November we will be staying at Laguardia plaza hotel night before our cruise. So we thought we'd book a private transfer day of cruise from it to cruise but so far everything i've found has got terrible reviews. Anyone done this who can recommend one to use.
Thanks in advance.

We used a car service from the airport (Newark) to our hotel in Times Square. The ride was so bad that I cancelled our transfer to the port terminal and our return trip to the airport.

I did a lot of research in to car companies and thought I had picked the best. Booked an SUV because although there were only two of us traveling, we had four pieces of luggage and I didn't think they'd fit in a sedan. I paid $35 extra for inside pickup because I was with my mom and she wanted help with luggage. Our driver met us inside, grabbed two of our four bags and started hightailing it out of the airport. We had to run to keep up with him as he weaved through traffic to where his car was parked. It seemed incredibly rude & although my mom is a fit 60-year old, she shouldn't be running across 4 lanes of airport traffic to keep up with the driver. Then we got in the car, it was nice but if it hadn't had driver assist functions ("caution" & automatic engaging of brakes) we would have been in several fender benders.

We took one cab but then used Uber the rest of the time in NY. The drivers were friendlier, drove much safer, had newer & cleaner rides and the prices ended up being half of what we would have paid with the car service. We actually used UberBlack more than regular Uber and it was still cheaper than the car service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter