• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private tables

My sister and I travel together and we are adults and child free. We love Disney and Disney Cruise Line. It's not for kids! There are plenty of things on the ship to do and the Disney isn't really "in your face" unlike the parks (which we love too!) There is so much to do on the ship, adult areas and an adult pool.

thanks for the info! now we just have to figure out when to go.... we are thinking the end of August, but the inside staterooms for the cruise we were looking at are already gone! is this normal??

We've been on 5 DCL cruises, and our family of three has always had our own table. Most likely your request will be fulfilled:thumbsup2

thank you for the info! is there a way to know ahead of time if the request is approved? or do you not find out until you actually board the cruise?

You can call your travel agent (TA) or DCL if you didn't use a TA. In my experience I trust my TA submitted my request for my own table but I think DCL notices I am a solo travel and must think it's a mistake. On boarding day I always verify and in most cases I have table mates, nevertheless I would immediately request my own table and get it.

We (DW and I) just returned from the Magic. We booked early dining, but were assigned second seating. Upon my request the Headserver noted that we would have a private table at the second seating, but he could have us at the main seating if we were ok with sharing the table.
We chose the early option en ended up with a really nice table of 9 adults, including ourselves, two female solo travellers, two retired sisters and another couple with their adult son. We really enjoyed the setting. Before the cruise the table setting was my biggest concern and this worked out perfectly and we would have missed the nice companion if we had been seated by our own at late dining.
Just my opinion.

On a related note. We (2 of us) do not plan on eating in the main dining rooms. We don't want to spend that much time at dinner and we never eat big meals in the evening anyway.
Is there a way for us to let DCL know in advance so they can know they have 2 empty seats and assign someone a private table?

We had no problem getting a table to ourselves on the day of embarkation. We simply went to the dining special requests location (ours was in Enchanted Garden). We did have late seating and were told we would need to move to late seating if we had originally had early seating. We simply went to the table and asked. They didn't bat an eye - just handed over new dinner tickets.

On a related note. We (2 of us) do not plan on eating in the main dining rooms. We don't want to spend that much time at dinner and we never eat big meals in the evening anyway.
Is there a way for us to let DCL know in advance so they can know they have 2 empty seats and assign someone a private table?

We did that on the Wonder and the waiter kept calling our stateroom and leaving a message asking us to come to dinner. He even offered to change table mates. He thought maybe we did not like the company. He called every day even though we told them we did not need to do the big meal dining. I guess the communication is broken somewhere down the line.

That is very considerate of you! You could stop by the designated location for dining changes during embarkation and let the dining staff know. The time and location will be printed in the Navigator.

While you certainly don't need to eat in the MDR every night, DCL won't "reassign" your seats, as every body onboard will be assigned to a table/seating. Your choice whether you want to be there or not.

I cruised in October of 2012 on the Fantasy. My DH and I requested a table for 2, and we did get it. We seemed to be in a sea of twosomes. There were three or four tables for two in our "area"

While you certainly don't need to eat in the MDR every night, DCL won't "reassign" your seats, as every body onboard will be assigned to a table/seating. Your choice whether you want to be there or not.

This isn't entirely accurate. If someone wants to swap their dining time, they can be moved if there is available table. If someone isn't going to come to the MDR's at all, then they can reassign someone else to that dining time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter