Private tables

danijake

Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!
I was thinking of booking a Disney Cruise for me and my husband's 10 year anniversary. We have never cruised before, so I'm just learning about the "rules."

I've read that some people have gotten luck with requesting private tables, but that it is not always possible depending on if the ship is full.

I know it's possible that we might like our tablemates, but we are just not interested in sharing a table. We eat a special diet, which I feel will would attract unwanted attention and comments from others.

Any advice you have is appreciated! Again, we are completely new to cruising!

I was thinking of booking a Disney Cruise for me and my husband's 10 year anniversary. We have never cruised before, so I'm just learning about the "rules."

I've read that some people have gotten luck with requesting private tables, but that it is not always possible depending on if the ship is full.

I know it's possible that we might like our tablemates, but we are just not interested in sharing a table. We eat a special diet, which I will would attract unwanted attention and comments from others.

Any advice you have is appreciated! Again, we are completely new to cruising!
It is never a guarantee that you could get a table for 2. If it would be really stressful for you to share a table with someone else it is best to keep that in mind when making a decision.

That being said we also do not like to share tables with others. I have my TA put a request in that we have a table by ourselves and on embarkation day I go to where they are handling dining requests and changes (about 15 minutes before they open so that I am towards the front of the line) and check on our request. Once we were assigned a table by ourselves and once we were not. However, when we were not they were able to make this change for us.

The advice is put in a request it doesn't do sny harm and as soon as your onboard check with the place where they change dinner sitting if your on your own. Then if not ask there again, late dinner has more chance.

We have always received a table by ourselves when we requested it. Definitely call right away (or let your TA know) that you would like a table to yourself. Then I would call again about 4 weeks before to say again that you'd like a table to yourself to be sure its noted.
Maybe we've just got lucky but we have had our requested granted all 4 times we requested it.
While it is nice to have tablemates, I have to say we've always enjoyed our time alone as well.
Have a great cruise! :goodvibes

put the request in, and then check when you board. We requested a table for 4 since we were 3 we figured it would be private. They sat us the first night for a table for 6. Other family wasn't even there yet. We spoke to the manager of the restaurant we were seated in. They ended up finding us a table for 4. I literally just got off my first DC, and my feeling is they want you to be happy.

We have always received a table by ourselves when we requested it. Definitely call right away (or let your TA know) that you would like a table to yourself. Then I would call again about 4 weeks before to say again that you'd like a table to yourself to be sure its noted.
Maybe we've just got lucky but we have had our requested granted all 4 times we requested it.
While it is nice to have tablemates, I have to say we've always enjoyed our time alone as well.
Have a great cruise! :goodvibes

When did you go on the cruises? I'm wondering if a certain time of year is slower than others; therefore, they were able to grant your request each time. Thanks!

When did you go on the cruises? I'm wondering if a certain time of year is slower than others; therefore, they were able to grant your request each time. Thanks!

They were all in Jan or Feb, 2 week long Caribbean and 2 shorter ones to the Bahamas.

My partner and I have sailed on several Disney cruises. We don't have kids and frankly don't want to dine with kids. For this reason we always request a table for two. DCL doesn't actually have tables for two, but when possible they put you at a table for four by yourselves. So far (knock on wood) our request has always been accommodated. FYI we always request the late sitting which probably helps.

We took one in May for 3 of us and requested our own table and got it. I also did double check as soon as we were on board. We have already requested our own table for our next cruise too.

For 2 adults with no kids I think they try to set you with other adults your same age that also don't have kids.

Concierge level gets you a private table, first dibs in adult only dining and a better room service menu, plus the other perks.

My partner and I have sailed on several Disney cruises. We don't have kids and frankly don't want to dine with kids. For this reason we always request a table for two. DCL doesn't actually have tables for two, but when possible they put you at a table for four by yourselves. So far (knock on wood) our request has always been accommodated. FYI we always request the late sitting which probably helps.

Child-free here too. How did you like it? Everyone keeps telling me a Disney Cruise is mainly for kids.

Child-free here too. How did you like it? Everyone keeps telling me a Disney Cruise is mainly for kids.

Disney cruises are Not mainly for kids. There is a adult pool, whirlpool, spa, cove cafe, 2 adult restaurants (extra charges), and several night clubs. You can make it what you want. That is what we love about Disney.
There is also room service if you want.

Do keep in mind that many of the tabled - especially in RP/RC - are THISCLOSE together, so even "separate table" doesn't mean you're not right on top of other people.

Do keep in mind that many of the tabled - especially in RP/RC - are THISCLOSE together, so even "separate table" doesn't mean you're not right on top of other people.

:thumbsup2 The tables are very close.

1st seating is always full - very few chances on getting a request. 2nd seating is easier to get that request granted.

Note that a couple without kids would be paired with another couple(s) in the same situation - ie no kids.

Regarding slow times, this is changing... DCL has been pushing their cheap rates (FLR, MIL, *GT) and hence the ships are selling out in the end regardless of the time of the year. But there'll be less kids during non school days...

We had our own table for 4, but the table of 4 next to us really was RIGHT there, and by the end of the cruise we ended up chatting a bit with that family. There was no way to have a conversation that the people next to us wouldn't hear.

I'm a ship fanatic (105 cruises and counting) and also a Disney fanatic (annual pass holder to WDW) so the idea of a Disney cruise ship is pretty much heaven on earth for me! LOL

Yes there are a lot of kids no matter what time of year you sail, but Disney does an absolutely fantastic job with the adult-only areas, and for the most part they are enforced. Also many of the kids are younger and I think fairly well behaved and honestly it's pretty cute seeing them interact with all the characters. Of course Disney has the best kid's programs at sea so the kids are well entertained and I don't see any of the destructiveness from kids that I see on other lines. When kids are bored they tend to get in trouble, and I don't see many kids ever getting bored on Disney so they tend to stay out of trouble.

What is awesome is the Disney attention to detail. It just doesn't exist on other lines unless you upgrade to the super luxury lines like Crystal and Silversea. The ships are gorgeous and Disney does things their own way and I have to say their way is pretty great. I often comment the ships are actually wasted on the kids because they are so nice.

My friends often say we are crazy to sail on Disney and they wouldn't be caught dead on a Disney cruise, but honestly they don't know what they are missing out on!

I was thinking of booking a Disney Cruise for me and my husband's 10 year anniversary. We have never cruised before, so I'm just learning about the "rules." I've read that some people have gotten luck with requesting private tables, but that it is not always possible depending on if the ship is full. I know it's possible that we might like our tablemates, but we are just not interested in sharing a table. We eat a special diet, which I feel will would attract unwanted attention and comments from others. Any advice you have is appreciated! Again, we are completely new to cruising!

I'm a solo cruiser and I also have a special diet and on my last five Disney cruises I have requested my own table (even on the maiden voyage for the Disney Fantasy when the ship was packed) and got it each time. I really don't think you should have any problems getting your own table.

I'm a solo cruiser and I also have a special diet and on my last five Disney cruises I have requested my own table (even on the maiden voyage for the Disney Fantasy when the ship was packed) and got it each time. I really don't think you should have any problems getting your own table.

thank you for the info! is there a way to know ahead of time if the request is approved? or do you not find out until you actually board the cruise?

My sister and I travel together and we are adults and child free. We love Disney and Disney Cruise Line. It's not for kids! There are plenty of things on the ship to do and the Disney isn't really "in your face" unlike the parks (which we love too!) There is so much to do on the ship, adult areas and an adult pool.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest