Private Table Question

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
I have put in a request for our family to be seated at a table with no other families for our cruise. Is there a way to check this request before our first dinner? It would be quite awkward to arrive at a table with another family and then ask to be moved.

You can find out where dining reservation changes are being handled onboard. That information should show up in the DCL app after you board, and possibly once you enter the terminal. Then go to that location and ask about whether you have your own table. If you don’t, you can make Another request.

There is no way to check before you are onboard. Like PP said, you need to find where they handle dining requests once you board and go there (or maybe contact them through the app now ?)

In all our 12 cruise we have always asked for a private table and only one time we ended up with table mates. We decided to just roll with it.

What ship are you going on? There was no room in the restaurants on the Wish for people to have private tables as far as I could see. On the Fantasy two weeks before, everyone had their own table. We didn’t request it on either cruise.

I have put in a request for our family to be seated at a table with no other families for our cruise. Is there a way to check this request before our first dinner? It would be quite awkward to arrive at a table with another family and then ask to be moved.
You used to be able to go to Dining Changes (a temporary set up in a restaurant where they responded to dining inquiries on embarkation afternoon) upon boarding, but I don't know if they have that now. I've sailed twice since reopening, in October and March, and for those cruises, a private table was automatic due to Covid and there was no Dining Changes location due to distancing, etc. I don't know if getting a private table is automatic currently. I'm sailing again in November and have requested a private table. When I board, I'll probably go to Guest Services to inquire about it.

But the basic answer to your question is yes, you can get that information before the first dinner. Your cruise's dining department (or whatever they call it) knows what you've been assigned. I'm just not sure at this point where you should go to find out. Guest Services is the best place to ask unless someone else has recent firsthand experience indicating something else.

ETA: Another cruiser has reported that Dining Changes is back on the ships again.

Last edited:
You used to be able to go to Dining Changes (a temporary set up in a restaurant where they responded to dining inquiries on embarkation afternoon) upon boarding, but I don't know if they have that now.
We've needed dining changes twice in the last 2 months right after boarding. On the Wonder in June it was set up in the French Quarter lounge. I spoke to someone from Palo and someone from general dining. On the Fantasy in July, my BIL and I were both directed to guest services (I went immediately, and he had to go about an hour later when we realized our 4 rooms were not seated together/on the same dining rotation).

I know that a lot of people are still getting private dining tables; however, it is NOT the mandatory policy right now. My family of 4 was seated with another family of 4 at an 8-top on Fantasy the end of May/beginning of June.

I spoke with Disney yesterday about how we would see the two MDR shows and also be able to go to Palo for dinner on the last night of a four-day and confirmed our family only table again. DCL rep said they would try every means to accommodate the request--and after three cruises we always got a private table. Also, DCL rep said our dining staff would make sure we see all the MDR shows and experience all three restaurants. They will work around our Palo dinner reservation on the last night. Hope this is true!

Also, DCL rep said our dining staff would make sure we see all the MDR shows and experience all three restaurants. They will work around our Palo dinner reservation on the last night. Hope this is true!
The challenge with a 4-night cruise, is that the pirate night menu will almost always be on night 2 or 3, and all the restaurants will have the same menu that night. So, by dining at Palo on the last evening, you will likely miss one of the standard rotational menus. Also, the rotation on 4-night cruises often has nights 2 & 3 in the same MDR, so you may miss one of the MDRs entirely.

On the Magic in June/July, everyone had a private table for dinner. On the Wish MV a week later, that was not the case...

We have always requested a private table and our request has always been met. In some cases the space between our table and the next table over was very small.

I have also checked with the dining changes request table once we boarded to certify that our request was met. The response was always as of the time I am checking we were assigned a table to ourselves but if another family came along needing a change it was always possible that they would have to be seated with us if necessary. So even checking in advance on the ship was no guarantee of a private table.

That said it is my understanding with COVID they will make every effort possible to honor the request. I was also told when booking my cruise that more people are requesting private tables than in the past.

I spoke with Disney yesterday about how we would see the two MDR shows and also be able to go to Palo for dinner on the last night of a four-day and confirmed our family only table again. DCL rep said they would try every means to accommodate the request--and after three cruises we always got a private table. Also, DCL rep said our dining staff would make sure we see all the MDR shows and experience all three restaurants. They will work around our Palo dinner reservation on the last night. Hope this is true!
Not sure I understand what your expectations are. If you go to Palo dinner on a non-pirate night, with a 4 day cruise you are going to miss a 'signature meal', and if the dining rotation is 1223 (not uncommon for a 4 day cruise), you will miss a restaurant if you go on the last day. You'd be better off trying to go to Palo on pirate night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter