Private pilots flying to DW

theoarn

Mouseketeer
A question for those folks that fly them selves to Disney World.
What airport do you find most convenient to fly into?

Thanks
Theo

A question for those folks that fly them selves to Disney World.
What airport do you find most convenient to fly into?

My brother flew his plane down once many years ago. He flew into Kissimmee airport.

I would definitely do Kissimmee. I believe it's closer, plus it just seems more user friendly than ORL. Not really sure why, but it just does IMO.
Not sure which one you say looks more GA, but both ORL and ISM are well suited for that.

MG

We use ISM regularly. The controllers are good. There's an ILS. We fly in from the north and Orlando approach sends us right over the top of the "world". We use Kissimmee Jet Center for the FBO. Their gas is much cheaper, though it is a rustic facility. They have good rates on rental cars, around $40 per day.

I've been to ORL on a non-Disney trip and they were the typical high end FBO with all kinds of fees etc. And they're not closer to WDW. Stick with ISM.

Just take her down on the STOL, I'm sure they won't mind.......

I have a Cherokee 6 and make about 3 to 4 trips each year... I would recommend KISM and Kissimmee Aviation. Good fuel price and great service to boot In fact I'm flying over this weekend from New Orleans.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter