• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private dinner reception length?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
After an escape package wedding, we want to add a private dinner. We are looking at somewhere in Epcot with a 1500 minimum for a full meal or a full meal at the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. How long would we have the space for a full meal?

Also, I've read that many locations in Epcot say "minimum of 20 people" or "serves groups between 20-100". Would it be ok to have a group of 10-18 if we just paid the minimum? Any location suggestions? Thanks!

Your Escape wedding planner can help you plan a private catered event after your wedding. They last 2 hours. I've attached the guidelines, which contain info on the standard locations. You could also do an event at Epcot, which has several locations available to groups smaller than 20. Sometimes you can switch to a larger venue at the last minute if no one else has booked it.

The venues that offer full-meal (as opposed to walkaround receptions like dessert parties) minimums of $1,500 are Italy West Plaza, Rue de Paris (French Island Arm), and UK Upper and Lower. Photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/#epcot

Attachments

• Guidelines for Escape Private Catered Events.pdf
    77.1 KB · Views: 40
Lurky, thanks for the info! Do you know if we can have an escape private event at the Whitehall room and a dessert party at Sago Cay? They are not on the list, just wondering if we can still use those locations. Thanks!

If no Wishes group is using Whitehall, yes. Sometimes you have to book a different room and keep checking back with your planner to see if you can switch to Whitehall cuz it's so popular. Sago Cay should not be a problem, though.

It can be a tricky decision! One thing to know is that it's always easier to upgrade from Escape to Wishes than vice versa (in the latter case, you actually lose part of your Wishes deposit). Of course, if you've waited til the Escape booking window opened, then you missed the Wishes priority booking period, but if your locations and date are not super-popular, that could be a non-issue.

With the lower minimums for Wishes Tues-Thurs at brunch and lunch, it's an even closer contest. But there is tax and service charge on *everything* for Wishes; with Escape you'd only pay it on anything you added to the package, like a catered event.

I'm not really helping at all, I guess... I can see all the advantages of both! :teeth:

Your Escape wedding planner can help you plan a private catered event after your wedding. They last 2 hours. I've attached the guidelines, which contain info on the standard locations. You could also do an event at Epcot, which has several locations available to groups smaller than 20. Sometimes you can switch to a larger venue at the last minute if no one else has booked it.

The venues that offer full-meal (as opposed to walkaround receptions like dessert parties) minimums of $1,500 are Italy West Plaza, Rue de Paris (French Island Arm), and UK Upper and Lower. Photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/#epcot

Just thought of 3 other questions :) Are there any limitations on the type of menu I can use at the Epcot locations (buffet vs. plated or special items)? And are these locations usually competitive for Escape brides to get because of the low minimums or do you think I could expect to get one of these locations 8 months out? And can the dinner be during illuminations from 7:00-9:00pm or does it have to be earlier?

Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter