• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Dining Grand Floridian - Entree Recommendations

Melissa07090

Earning My Ears
We are picking our menu for our private dining at the Grand Floridian and I am torn between two appetizers and two entrees? If anyone has had any of these can you please comment and make any recommendations. Thanks so much

Appetizers: Crab Cakes or Shrimp Scampi

Entrees :

Beef (choice of: Filet, NY Strip, or Rib Eye) with Butter Poached Lobster, grilled Asparagus, Lemons, and Truffle scented Mashed Potatoes
or
Pork Chop with Brown Rice, roasted Corn, Sugar Snaps, Grape Tomatoes, Onion Frits, and a stone ground Mustard Sauce

When my husband & I did this for our 15th anniversary, we had the crab cake appetizer. OH MY GOSH!! I wanted to lick the plate! Those were the best crab cakes I've ever had! They were crispy and firm (I can't stand mushy crab cakes!) The remoulade served with them was superb. We also had the filet and lobster tail for our entree. The lobster was just ok - a bit tough, I thought. However, the filet would melt in your mouth! Just the memory of that meal has me salivating!

Enjoy!

Thanks. You have now sold me on the crab cakes. Since I don't eat Lobster I would be substituting it with either chicken or shrimp but given your recommendation for the Filet I may be sold on that as well.

Those are the exact apps and main dishes my husband and I have ordered for our upcomming private dining experience. We plan to share everything, so we both get a little of each offering. Maybe that could work for you as well. I hope have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter