Private Cabanas on family beach

hollybud68

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Can anybody who has rented a cabana on the family beach tell me what its like? Are you far enough from the crowds on the beach to enjoy your cabana? What about beach/water access. Is it separated from the crowds? I personally do not care, but I am travelling and sharing the cabana with someone else who normally only goes to the adult beach but I need to stay on the family beach as I have a 12 year old.
Thanks!

In my experience, we have stayed in #5 and #7 they do have someone posted between the family beach and the cabana beach checking wrist bands. Neither time did the beach in front of the cabanas ever seem crowded. We had a clear shot from our cabana bath to the beach and the water. I was able to sit in a lounger and have a full view of my daughter at all times. I would estimate that at any one time there were no more than 10 people in the water at a time in front of the cabanas.

The further you go down the beach (higher # cabanas) the further you are from the family beach, but you are also further from the bathrooms and other activities your 12 year old may want to go to. We would take any cabana assigned, but preferred 7 over 5. The view of the ship from the deck of the cabana was amazing.

Just be aware that cabanas are generally very difficult to reserve - often gone before the Gold CC members can book - as Concierge and Platinum can book prior.

Thanks...I'm aware that they are very difficult to get....just asking in the hopes that both parties going are gold members that we might have a shot. If not, oh well! I will enjoy the beach with the rest of the ship.

We have stayed in #s 4 and 5 and in August and found it pretty secluded and very quiet in the Cabana beach area. We loved it and are staying in #4 again in May. I hope you get one if you guys decide that you'd like to. We are traveling with DD14, so it's family beach for us. I hope she meets someone on the cruise with a nice family because we've shared the cabana with another family before and that was fun for the kids and the grownups.

We went on our first cruise in Feb on the Fantasy. We shared Cabana #2 with friends (who were concierge). We had 5 kids and 4 adults. It was very convenient to the bathrooms and food. The cabana was fairly secluded as it sat back tucked in a little moreso than others. It shared a beach entrance with #3. There was someone at the barrier between the public and private beach to turn people away. I witnessed at least one incredulous encounter. There were definitely a few cabana tubes that floated over to the public beach.

We have been in Cabana 3 and 4. Both had a wide open beach in front of them. There was a woman posted between the private cabana beach and public beach. She only had to tell a few people, but she was firm about keeping it private. We love the Cabanas, quiet, calm, peaceful!

We had cabana #8 and it was all around fantastic - not too far from food and bathrooms and we definitely felt secluded. You're only sharing the beach with other cabana guests so it isn't crowded at all on the beach or in the water. You also have a hammock and small porch area where you can lounge if you really want privacy. We will always try to get a cabana on future cruises.

Were in Cabana #5 last August....loved it. Close to bathroom and Cookies. Loved the private beach and swim area. Close to Pelican Plunge. But what we enjoyed the most is there was a big down pour about 3pm. Everyone scurried but Cabana residents. We just lounged in the Cabana and had a drink. We were able to go back in the water about 30 minutes later for one last swim of the day. The place was empty. There were probably about 100 or so people who took cover and stayed on the island. It was so much fun.

We also brought or food back to the Cabana and eat luch there. No renting floats...plenty loungers and umbrellas. If you need anything just buzz and the host or hostess will get you what you need. Comfy and a great place to get out of the sun if it a real hot day.

Good luck with your plans.☺️

We have stayed in #s 4 and 5 and in August and found it pretty secluded and very quiet in the Cabana beach area. We loved it and are staying in #4 again in May. I hope you get one if you guys decide that you'd like to. We are traveling with DD14, so it's family beach for us. I hope she meets someone on the cruise with a nice family because we've shared the cabana with another family before and that was fun for the kids and the grownups.
Agree we have also had four and five there very good.

How much are cabanas to rent, if you can reserve one?
CABANAS (12/18/14 price w/Bahamas 7.5% VAT)

Family beach: $549 $590.18
Cabana #21 $ 899 $966.43
Serenity Bay: $399 $420.93

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person (plus VAT) up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

Includes: 8/10/2014
Family Beach. Each cabana is furnished with comfortable seating, a beverage refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, plush towels and sunscreen. Outside on the patio, luxurious chaise lounge chairs, a freshwater shower, hammock and sailcloth shade. Fresh fruit and snacks are included along with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks. Dedicated beverage service is provided and alcoholic beverage packages are available for purchase onboard at an additional cost. Additionally, each cabana includes use of snorkeling equipment, floats, sand toys, and one hour of bike rental. Private cabana beach. Coppertone SPF products; selection of magazines.

Last edited:
We had cabana #6 last July. Wonderful location. Same experience as previous posters. We just sailed a couple of weeks ago non concierge and no cabana. The major difference was the beach. The beach last July had so many shells we were in desperate need of swim shoes. I mean tears in your eyes trying to get in the water. This month, hardly a shell at all at the family beach. We have been wondering if the difference was in the location or in the time of year. Can anyone explain the vast difference?

We had cabana #6 last July. Wonderful location. Same experience as previous posters. We just sailed a couple of weeks ago non concierge and no cabana. The major difference was the beach. The beach last July had so many shells we were in desperate need of swim shoes. I mean tears in your eyes trying to get in the water. This month, hardly a shell at all at the family beach. We have been wondering if the difference was in the location or in the time of year. Can anyone explain the vast difference?
It could be the time of year. I've only been in April, with no cabana. I've never needed swim shoes, sometimes just sandals if the walkway gets too hot. I've never even noticed she'll on the beach or in the water.

We just had a cabana yesterday for the first time and thought it was great. Nice to not be in the crowded family beach fighting for shore space and hammocks.

Looking forward to being platinum by years end so we can get them more regularly.

We went on our first cruise in Feb on the Fantasy. We shared Cabana #2 with friends (who were concierge). We had 5 kids and 4 adults. It was very convenient to the bathrooms and food. The cabana was fairly secluded as it sat back tucked in a little moreso than others. It shared a beach entrance with #3. There was someone at the barrier between the public and private beach to turn people away. I witnessed at least one incredulous encounter. There were definitely a few cabana tubes that floated over to the public beach.

curious, what is it like when in the winter months? We are going in December and is the cabana's usefulness diminished somewhat if the water is too chilly to get in?

curious, what is it like when in the winter months? We are going in December and is the cabana's usefulness diminished somewhat if the water is too chilly to get in?
Still a nice place to have as your own area, a hammock, eat from cookies BBQ

We have cruised in January two times. The first time, we had cabana #2, second time #7. The water is chilly in Januray, but by afternoon, it was warmer and we were able to swim.

For what it is worth, we preferred 7 over 2 because when in 2, we witnessed unhappy folks trying to come over to the "empty" beach. They were all stopped, but it got annoying, and we could hear not-so-nice comments. In 7, we couldn't hear any of this.

Has anyone else had the experience of the heavy shells at the private cabana beach? Wondering (hoping) this was a rare instance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter