Private Cabanas at Magic Kingdom: Last Day to Rent One - February 17, 2017

Anyone else reserved one of these recently? I'd like to hear an update on the reserved fireworks/parade viewing spots. I normally wouldn't go for one of these, but I reserved one for Christmas day because it will be nice to have a quiet rest place with the crazy crowds...and also to have reserved parade and fireworks viewing. Will cancel though if no reserved viewing area.

We have one reserved for this Sunday but I'm 90% sure I'm going to cancel - we decided to do an extra MVMCP instead. I am kinda waiting for the CM to call me before I call them just because I want to try to get more information. But we're four days out and I haven't heard from anyone and it's a two day cancellation policy. I'll call tomorrow if I don't hear anything today. I'll report back!

To follow up....

Our reservation is for this Sunday and a CM called me today - Thursday - to confirm a few things. I was all prepared to cancel and she talked me into keeping it. :) She confirmed that we would indeed have reserved seating for both parades (including the Christmas parade) and the fireworks and access to the cabana from 9AM to midnight. I then later texted with another CM on an 888 number they gave me and he said the same thing about reserved spots and listed all the other amenities we've already heard about - drinks, charging stations, snacks and a safe. He mentioned "surprise and delight features" which I think will be the personalized Mickey Ear hats.

We've decided to cancel our CRT reservations for that day and keep the cabana! I'll have a review after we're home but will try to check in on my phone while we're there. (Not even bringing my laptop! Yay!)

families drop 650+ for breakfast at the castle!
I would rather spend my $$ on that cabana.
interesting, so far i have not read about air conditioning, a definite absolute! ( hey they do it in the caribbean , they can do it here)

but i doubt i'd ever get one....still looking for that win-big lottery ticket

To follow up....

Our reservation is for this Sunday and a CM called me today - Thursday - to confirm a few things. I was all prepared to cancel and she talked me into keeping it. :) She confirmed that we would indeed have reserved seating for both parades (including the Christmas parade) and the fireworks and access to the cabana from 9AM to midnight. I then later texted with another CM on an 888 number they gave me and he said the same thing about reserved spots and listed all the other amenities we've already heard about - drinks, charging stations, snacks and a safe. He mentioned "surprise and delight features" which I think will be the personalized Mickey Ear hats.

We've decided to cancel our CRT reservations for that day and keep the cabana! I'll have a review after we're home but will try to check in on my phone while we're there. (Not even bringing my laptop! Yay!)

What both parades, I only see a 3:00 parade, am I missing one?

The PP also has MVMCP tickets and will have reserved seating for the Christmas Parade during the Party.

So no parade for people who don't spend extra money to attend the MVMCP, another Disney greedy first.

Correct because you'd be directed out of the park at park close if your Party doesn't have MVMCP tickets. That's why wording regarding hard ticket events isn't included in the Cabana description.

Wasn't there a Christmas parade for non MVMCP nights or am I dreaming?

After the MVMCParties end, the parade goes to daily operation at 12:00 noon and 3:30p and this schedule continues until Dec. 31st.

After the MVMCParties end, the parade goes to daily operation at 12:00 noon and 3:30p and this schedule continues until Dec. 31st.

I'm going nuts here, I swear that we have been at the MK, watching Christmas parades on non MVMCP nights. When did that change?

Not sure. My CM friend has been involved with MVMCP since 2010 and there were never night Christmas Parades on a non-party night.

MSEP ran on non-party nights.

How Magical®....tents plopped around the parks. Maybe a new area....RefugeeLand? :crazy2:

I do think I am am really no longer the target audience for the Disney folks.

Couldn't agree more...the last few years I've realized that they really aren't looking for the repeat customer, they're looking for the one time, give it your all ppl. In the short-term, they get much more bang for their buck out of the latter, verdict's still out on the long run though, although I think ultimately, they're number 1 priority is the 1 timers give it your all, while pushing to see how far they can go without the majority of the repeat customers leaving, which really I suppose is a decent business move.

I'm going nuts here, I swear that we have been at the MK, watching Christmas parades on non MVMCP nights. When did that change?
a few days before Christmas they start to do the Christmas parade during normal park hours I got to see it last year I did party but I also saw the parade during non party hours (not sure when they start doing the parade instead of the normal parade I want to day 5 days before Christmas

Not sure. My CM friend has been involved with MVMCP since 2010 and there were never night Christmas Parades on a non-party night.

MSEP ran on non-party nights.

After the last MVMCP the "Christmas Parade" is the MK parade and it runs through the rest of the year. We saw it several times during our Christmas week trip last year.

Completely off topic but I was looking around different things to do on NYE at Disney and came across a specialty cruise that launches from one of the MK resorts, on a pontoon boat that holds up to 10 people. Includes a pre party that serves appetizers, desserts and beverages and then the actual "cruise" includes snacks and soft drinks. The whole thing starts at 9:30 for the NYE fireworks at midnight. Price with tax $957.44 :D
The Grand Yacht 1 on the same night for 13 people $2,022.44

I saw these tents on Friday, what an eyesore. Hopefully they make them a little "prettier" after they see if there is an interest in keeping them permanent. We have rented a cabana on Castaway Cay this past Summer, and LOVED it....but this, I'm not sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter