Private bathrooms/family washrooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to justify the use. It is well within your right to use whatever restroom you want. Just to make that even clearer. ;)

No, it's good to know about the wait, and I'll make sure I kinda keep an idea of where the other ones, including baby change, first aid rooms etc... are located. I'm toying with the idea of taking DD off her medication when we go, so we don't have to deal with the messes in a park, or at least just on the couple "full" park days we have. On half days I can give her her meds in the afternoon, once we're back to our house, but will have to see what her doctor thinks.

also beside the possible wait for bathroom remember the toilets are higher handicapped which can frighten younger kids cause their feet do not touch or seems much higher and fear of falling

I really tried hard to be clear, that I was saying, use the companion restrooms if you need them, absolutely. 100%. If you can get away with not using them, and could use the larger stalls inside the restroom, that would be helpful to others whose needs may be worse. (some of those have sinks, but there is no way to know before you get in there, either, so that is another issue). But if a family needs them, they need them, and no justification necessary. Not at the parks, and certainly not here on this board.

I used the First Aid companion restroom at DL in January. WOW, really nice, and NO line. Good option, if you are in that area of the park.

I am just grateful they have those bathrooms at all. They have them at the airport in Philadelphia, I was happy to see them there as well.

I really tried hard to be clear, that I was saying, use the companion restrooms if you need them, absolutely. 100%. If you can get away with not using them, and could use the larger stalls inside the restroom, that would be helpful to others whose needs may be worse. (some of those have sinks, but there is no way to know before you get in there, either, so that is another issue). But if a family needs them, they need them, and no justification necessary. Not at the parks, and certainly not here on this board.

I used the First Aid companion restroom at DL in January. WOW, really nice, and NO line. Good option, if you are in that area of the park.

I am just grateful they have those bathrooms at all. They have them at the airport in Philadelphia, I was happy to see them there as well.

What you said was that it would benefit other guests if I would just use the other washrooms, because there were other people like you, who have a REAL need for them. You even made a point to capitalize/emphasize the REAL need, which clearly indicates that you felt my daughter had no need for them. Or, not nearly as much of a need as others. Trust me, I think we all read what you said, loud and clear. What you originally said, was nothing even really remotely close to this latest post, as far as clarity or politeness. Forgive me if I didn't feel the need to explain the intimate details of my daughter's bowel issues, just so one person could judge whether we actually need the companion rest room or not. End of discussion.

What you said was that it would benefit other guests if I would just use the other washrooms, because there were other people like you, who have a REAL need for them. You even made a point to capitalize/emphasize the REAL need, which clearly indicates that you felt my daughter had no need for them. Or, not nearly as much of a need as others. Trust me, I think we all read what you said, loud and clear. What you originally said, was nothing even really remotely close to this latest post, as far as clarity or politeness. Forgive me if I didn't feel the need to explain the intimate details of my daughter's bowel issues, just so one person could judge whether we actually need the companion rest room or not. End of discussion.

Don't let one poster get you down! Hopefully the other posters on the thread have been helpful.

You might want to look into the situation as Discovery Cove and Sea World as well (I've not been to either, so I'm not help). Unless I have you confused (sorry if I do), you plan on going to both those places as well.

Don't let one poster get you down! Hopefully the other posters on the thread have been helpful.

You might want to look into the situation as Discovery Cove and Sea World as well (I've not been to either, so I'm not help). Unless I have you confused (sorry if I do), you plan on going to both those places as well.

No, they were :) I appreciate all the input. And you're right - we do plan on it, and I should look into it. I really think our easiest bet would be to skip meds, partially for this whole reason, but also because she feels better when she's not taking them. But we'll see.

For the record, I've found this for SeaWorld (http://seaworldparks.com/~/media/seaworld_orlando_com_bak/Park Info/Accessibility-Guide-2014.ashx):

Restrooms

All restrooms are accessible to guests using wheelchairs and are marked with the wheelchair symbol throughout the park. Companion restrooms are located at:
• Main entrance next to "Exit Gifts" gift shop
• Next to Emporium Gift Shop
• Journey to Atlantis® Plaza area
• Shark Encounter®
• Baby Care Center in Shamu’s Happy Harbor®
• Seafire Inn Restaurant
• Voyagers Restaurant

OP's question as to availability of Companion Restrooms has been asked and answered. I'm closing this thread before it turns into a debate about who is most needful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter