Priority Seating - Confused!

The Hutchisons

Earning My Ears
We visit WDW for the first time ever, in a few weeks (July). Is it possible to arrange PS on the day? Ie, can we just turn up at WDW and see what's available for dinner? Or does absolutely everywhere worth eating at get booked up weeks or months in advance? I don't want to have to make multiple international calls from UK - is it possible to book online or by email??

We have already paid for a character breakfast but haven't booked yet - are we too late? (DD is 13 & DS is 10 so they are old enough not to mind which we go to).

We arrive July 9 and leave July 30.

Hope some of you experts can explain it to me.

Thanks,
Margo

Especially for busy periods, like July, PS is a great idea. Some park resturants get so booked up, that they don't even accept walk-ins. WDW doesn't accept PS online or by mail, only over the phone. You can call for all of your PS at once, so you won't have to make as many phone calls. Some people do play it by ear, but I always have 2 PS per day (lunch and dinner). Some popular places (California Grill, Chef Mickey's, etc.) are out of the question sometimes without PS. Some of the less popular restaurants will have seats and you can make same day PS, but you may be disappointed with the limited amount of places you have to choose from. Have a great trip.

MGM has a location (near the wait times board as you head towards Mickey's hat) where you can make same day PS.

EPCOT has a location underneath Spaceship earth (to the left) where you can make same day PS.

MK--you have to call dining or go to the restaurant in person to make PS.

AK--no clue!

Resorts--call dining.

You can call Disney dining when you arrive (even if you are tired from that flight). You can certainly do PS same day (call before heading to the parks)...your choices may be thinned out--but most of the good places are still available. Many years ago--on a trip to EPCOT, we found that if you made same day PS in the afternoon--then most of the country restaurants were booked. So best to call first thing in the morning for same day PS.

At this point, your popular outings: Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast is sold out and MGM Fantasmic packages may be booked also. So many other choices though throughout the land--you won't be at a loss when you arrive.

You aren't out of luck. Some people cancel and some of the times at some of the restaurants aren't even opened up until 30 days out. You just have to deal with what's left. I planned all my meals out and was able to get my choice of times for most meals at 90 days. But in the past we just walked in. Lunch at a nice sit down in Epcot is easy but there will be a wait for dinner if you go at the prime dining time. We waited over an hour to eat dinner at Italy in WS one evening.

Some of the resorts on the other hand are a little less crowded for dinner but packed for breakfast and vice versa. As for character dining I have walked into Crystal Palace before. Everyone with a PS between 8 and 9 shows up at 8. 9:15 you can walk in as long as the early diners aren't hanging out.

You should be able to get PS once you're already at WDW .I've been there at that time in July and gotten into the places we wanted to.Eating at off times like a late lunch you can easily get into restaurants even in the summer.We've walked into several restaurants at WS by eating later in the afternoon.Alot of the menus especially in Epcot are practically the same as dinner menus but quite a bit cheaper!

The character breakfast you should probably call in a day or two before going.

I did call Dining Reservations: 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) the morning we decided we wanted to eat at Cape May Buffet for a PS that evening.

CharlesandCamilla and Lisa loves Pooh both gave you some really good tips too! :earsboy: :earsboy:

Oh I forgot in my last post!

:earsboy: WELCOME to the DIS TheHutchisons :earsboy:

How can you have already paid for a character breakfast, but not have booked it yet?

2 weeks ago, my sister took my DD to MK. I said that it would be okay if they wanted to go to Pooh's breakfast at CP. I believe they were there at Park opening--and the standby wait was already 2 hours, so they skipped it (they did not have PS.

Definitely--if you have your heart set on something--call from home if you can, or at least the day of your arrival at WDW. Otherwise--sameday you should be able to find something enjoyable.

Originally posted by Schmeck
How can you have already paid for a character breakfast, but not have booked it yet?

I can't answer specifically for the OP, but maybe character breakfast vouchers came with some park tickets that they purchased. Many of the ticket brokers offer this as a perk.

Or maybe they purchased some breakfast vouchers through hotwire savings club.

Maggie

Thanks for the helpful replies.

We booked a package from the UK - we have paid for flights, hire car, accommodation and Disney park tickets, and 1 character breakfast was included. We won't see the tickets until about 2 weeks before we leave: I assume we get vouchers or something for the CB.

Margo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter