Priority Seating at Mickey's BYB

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
Just read the article that priority seating is now offered at MBYB, with Tier 1 and Tier 2 seating.

Anyone know when that starts?

I have a reservation for my family at the end of September and when we booked there was no Tier 1 and Tier 2. Will our tickets just be converted into Tier 2, or will there be not Tier 1 and Tier 2 until later?

If we want Tier 1 tickets, should we call?

Just read the article that priority seating is now offered at MBYB, with Tier 1 and Tier 2 seating.

Anyone know when that starts?

I have a reservation for my family at the end of September and when we booked there was no Tier 1 and Tier 2. Will our tickets just be converted into Tier 2, or will there be not Tier 1 and Tier 2 until later?

If we want Tier 1 tickets, should we call?
I think it already started, or at least some people have already reported that they're reservation they originally made, now says they are in category 2. Did you check your reservation to see if it says a category? I would definitely call though. I am not sure how they are already putting those who already made adrs there in category 1 or 2. Someone on facebook said they're reservation that they made a while ago, had them in cat 2 and they called and cat 1 wasn't even available.

I think it already started, or at least some people have already reported that they're reservation they originally made, now says they are in category 2. Did you check your reservation to see if it says a category? I would definitely call though. I am not sure how they are already putting those who already made adrs there in category 1 or 2. Someone on facebook said they're reservation that they made a while ago, had them in cat 2 and they called and cat 1 wasn't even available.

I just checked and it says Category 2. That really stinks. I hate when they make changes to existing reservations. I get that they will change something like this for future dates, but changing it when guest plans are already set is not very guest-friendly. I had not intended to pay $72 a person to get a decent seat- and I didn't have to when I made the reservation. Part of me wants to just cancel the entire thing. I decided to do MBYB instead of MNSSHP because it was more reasonably priced, but with this increase for a good seat (which we might not even be able to get- and is it worth $40?), I may cancel.

I decided to call to try to get Category 1 seating after I decided to pay OOP for a couple of other restaurants and use our dining credits for MBYB. They are sold out of Category 1, like your Facebook friend reported.

I emailed a complaint to customer service. I do believe that we should have at least received notification of the change.

I decided to call to try to get Category 1 seating after I decided to pay OOP for a couple of other restaurants and use our dining credits for MBYB. They are sold out of Category 1, like your Facebook friend reported.

I emailed a complaint to customer service. I do believe that we should have at least received notification of the change.
I just checked and it says Category 2. That really stinks. I hate when they make changes to existing reservations. I get that they will change something like this for future dates, but changing it when guest plans are already set is not very guest-friendly. I had not intended to pay $72 a person to get a decent seat- and I didn't have to when I made the reservation. Part of me wants to just cancel the entire thing. I decided to do MBYB instead of MNSSHP because it was more reasonably priced, but with this increase for a good seat (which we might not even be able to get- and is it worth $40?), I may cancel.
Ugh that is frustrating. I am confused as to how category 1 is booked already and how they gave it to some people, while giving others category 2 right off the bat. I don't blame you at all for thinking about cancelling.

Did anyone get a reply by contacting Disney about this?
I received a call from someone in guest services who was very nice and apologetic and said he would get back to me after looking more into the matter. He did call me back, but I was unavailable. He left a number and I plan to call him back tomorrow.

I received a call from someone in guest services who was very nice and apologetic and said he would get back to me after looking more into the matter. He did call me back, but I was unavailable. He left a number and I plan to call him back tomorrow.

I emailed Guest Services, too, under their category of Dining, telling them that I booked this reservation 180 days out and asked why I didn't get advise of this change and this is the reply I got :

"While we sincerely appreciate your interest, this electronic mail department
does not have access to the Dining System. For all questions regarding dining
reservations, it will be necessary to contact the Walt Disney World® Dining
Department directly at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). They will be happy to assist you."

I may call Disney Dining and ask to speak to a supervisor, but I really don't think it will get me anywhere.
If you can, please let me know how you make out. Thanks!​

I emailed Guest Services, too, under their category of Dining, telling them that I booked this reservation 180 days out and asked why I didn't get advise of this change and this is the reply I got :

"While we sincerely appreciate your interest, this electronic mail department
does not have access to the Dining System. For all questions regarding dining
reservations, it will be necessary to contact the Walt Disney World® Dining
Department directly at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). They will be happy to assist you."

I may call Disney Dining and ask to speak to a supervisor, but I really don't think it will get me anywhere.
If you can, please let me know how you make out. Thanks!​

Essentially didn't get me anywhere, either.

I spoke with Harvey today who was very nice but who basically said that he was sorry but Category 1 was sold out and I can just continue to stalk reservations (even though, I too, had reservations for this over 180 days in advance and could have secured Category 1 had it been an option when I booked). I also got the "all guest experiences are subject to change" line. I told politely that although I realize that they can make such changes legally, changing guest experiences at the last minute may not be the best thing to do from a guest service/business standpoint.

He said he was absolutely positive (because he spoke directly with the venue) that two dining credits on the dining plan WILL NOT suffice for Category 1. He said MBYB is using the same policy as HDD and that people who have two dining credits must use Category 2. I told him there were quite a few people (I have seen their posts on Disboards) who were told that they can use two dining credits for Category 1 and he said they will not be allowed to do so when they get to the venue.

That could cause a lot of anger because people do not know what they have or how much they are going to be paying for it.

This whole situation with MBYB was handled very poorly. I hope whoever made the decision to change the categories with no notification to guests will have to answer for it.

Be good to hear from people's who have done cat 1 as we got AKL conceige to change tickets and they confirmed it would be 2 ddp credits. Shame there is so much confusion.

Whe I booked category 1, it let me check the box that I would be using DDP and didn't charge my card. Then I called and e-mailed to confirm, and both times was told I could use credits for cat 1. When the website was initially updated, it said that category 1 could NOT be paid with credits, but about 2 hours later it was updated again and that part was taken out. I hope they get it straight, because for our family of 6 that's over $300 to budget for. Also since it's the end of our trip I would be left with extra credits.

We booked and paid for MBYB 180 days before our trip. I booked it at 6:03am. I can't even express how disappointed that we were booted to Category 2 without even a notice that we could have upgraded. The cost for Cat 1 is more and when I called Disney she said that Cat 1 allows guests to arrive an hour before to take photos with the characters, they get early access to all the food and beverages and better seating.

I wrote to Customer Services too and let them know that we are very unhappy about not being contacted to upgrade.

The response I got back:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Here in this email department, we do not have an answer for you, you may call Dining at 1-407-WDW-DINE from 7am to 11pm ET. Usually, with the Disney Dining Plan you are are provided a specific seating category.

Our dining agents can assist you further.

We booked and paid for MBYB 180 days before our trip. I booked it at 6:03am. I can't even express how disappointed that we were booted to Category 2 without even a notice that we could have upgraded. The cost for Cat 1 is more and when I called Disney she said that Cat 1 allows guests to arrive an hour before to take photos with the characters, they get early access to all the food and beverages and better seating.

Interesting that you used the word "booted." I felt the same way. I would definitely have chosen Category 1, had I a choice.

When I was speaking with Harvey from guest services, he spent a lot of the time trying to convince me that Category 2 is just about as good as Category 1. I was not convinced.

At least we can barrage them with phone calls and emails and maybe they will think twice before making last minute changes to existing dining reservations. Maybe not. But one can hold out hope.

Whe I booked category 1, it let me check the box that I would be using DDP and didn't charge my card. Then I called and e-mailed to confirm, and both times was told I could use credits for cat 1. When the website was initially updated, it said that category 1 could NOT be paid with credits, but about 2 hours later it was updated again and that part was taken out. I hope they get it straight, because for our family of 6 that's over $300 to budget for. Also since it's the end of our trip I would be left with extra credits.

I hope that you can use your credits for Category 1. There are going to be a lot of people who are expecting to do that, I imagine, based on the fact that the CMs are telling them they can.

They keep changing the wording on the website. Right now, when you try to book, it says "Dining plans vary by seating category." To me, that says that Category 1 will not accept the Disney dining plan. Harvey (I feel like he is my friend now) said that you cannot use the Disney dining plan for Category 1, but you can use the Deluxe, the Premium, and the Platinum plan for Category 1. To me, the wording on the website backs up Harvey's statement. However, there will be a lot of people who will be irate when they learn that they can't use their Disney Dining plan, if that indeed is how Disney is handling it.

In any event, this whole thing has a cast a big shadow over MBYB for me. I will have some negative feelings about the event for some time, whether I end up attending or not.

The response I got back:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Here in this email department, we do not have an answer for you, you may call Dining at 1-407-WDW-DINE from 7am to 11pm ET. Usually, with the Disney Dining Plan you are are provided a specific seating category.

Our dining agents can assist you further.

Except the dining agents will not be able to get you a Category 1.

And they probably won't be able to tell you with any certainty about whether you can use Disney Dining plan credits for Category 1.

So good luck and have a magical day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter