Print or No Print

MomForFrozenAddicts

DIS Veteran
I know for sure I will pre-purchase the digital package. However, still deciding to get it with the prints or not. Please share your experience/opinion on the subject. Thanks!!

I bought the package that included prints once, and it was ridiculous! It was too much! They gave us two huge Manila folders of printed pictures...I could wallpaper a bathroom with them I know it's nice to have them all already printed, but quite honestly, once we got home and I sorted through the 100+ pictures I still ordered different sizes to go in albums or to fit in my frames. I continue to order the cd, but unless you have plans for all those pictures, I'd stick with just the cd.

I bought the package that included prints once, and it was ridiculous! It was too much! They gave us two huge Manila folders of printed pictures...I could wallpaper a bathroom with them I know it's nice to have them all already printed, but quite honestly, once we got home and I sorted through the 100+ pictures I still ordered different sizes to go in albums or to fit in my frames. I continue to order the cd, but unless you have plans for all those pictures, I'd stick with just the cd.

:rotfl2:This gave me a good laugh but seriously thank you for telling us. You just helped this newbie tremendously

I know some people don't like the borders, but do the photos come with the borders on the CD?

I really liked having all the pictures to take home. It is easier to look through and see what you have. We framed some and put others in scrapbooks. Yes, others are still in the manila envelope too. :) But I really like having the hard copy. :) :)

One thing to keep in mind with the prints is that they are all large size - either 8x10 or 8x6 (I believe character experiences are the latter and the others are all 8x10). I don't know about you, but I like other sizes for other uses.

Plus there may be multiples of the same photo op. The photographer at Pluto might take 2-3 photos and in one of them you have your eyes closed and in another Pluto accidentally had his paw in front of your DD's face. Do you really need an 8x6 of that? I say just print what you need when you get home. There are loads of great online print services as well as ones nearly (Target, Walgreens, etc.)

I could wallpaper a bathroom with them I know it's nice to have them all already printed, but quite honestly, once we got home and I sorted through the 100+ pictures I still ordered different sizes to go in albums or to fit in my frames.

That's what I afraid of. My family took over 500 PhotoPass pics when we were at DLR last week. We were there for 5 park days, that is more than 100 per day. I know there are less photographers on the ship and they don't print out everything, but most likely will be over 100 prints. I will just order the digital package. 4x6's are much better for photo albums.

Typically, how many photos can we expect to be taken by Shutters on a 4-day Bahamian cruise doing all available Character Meets?

I read another post about pics on CC by Shutters. Are they just randomly snapping pics on the beach?

Trying to see if it would be worth it!

I always get the digital package of all photos. I would happily buy the prints if they were a reasonable add-on price, like $25. But I believe the add-on price for our last 5 day cruise was $75 or $100, and that seems outrageous to me, especially since I just bought the cd and the prints will be thrown away anyway. It seems like highway robbery, not to mention incredibly wasteful.

Are they just randomly snapping pics on the beach?

Yes, but my CC photos weren't on my CD. I emailed then when I got home and they found one and emailed it to me. I thought we had taken more than that. Some character photos and photos right after we got off the ship (with the ship in the background) were on there, though. The facial recognition can be hit or miss, especially, I think, once you get sunglasses and hats in the mix.

My Thoughts are if you get the package with the prints then they are done and you have them.

On the other hand, how many of the images do you really need in print. You can have them printed at home less expensive and to the size you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter