Print at Home ticket question

Tiggr88

Never let facts get in the way of a good opinion
Can someone help me understand how the print at home option works on tickets from the Universal website?

1. If I buy the tickets and print at home, do I keep using the printed paper the entire stay and have them scanned at the turnstiles?
  2. Or do I have to get them turned into regular type tickets?
  3. Can I choose to convert them while I am there?
I'm not looking forward to carrying around 8 1/2" x 11" paper for each ticket for 4 days.

Any perspective on whether it would be worth it to spend the $14 to have tickets shipped? Is there any difference on how well they work at the turnstile? I'd hate to be held up the first morning early entry for tickets that don't scan.

Thanks

Can someone help me understand how the print at home option works on tickets from the Universal website?

[*]If I buy the tickets and print at home, do I keep using the printed paper the entire stay and have them scanned at the turnstiles?
[*]Or do I have to get them turned into regular type tickets?
[*]Can I choose to convert them while I am there?

I'm not looking forward to carrying around 8 1/2" x 11" paper for each ticket for 4 days.

Any perspective on whether it would be worth it to spend the $14 to have tickets shipped? Is there any difference on how well they work at the turnstile? I'd hate to be held up the first morning early entry for tickets that don't scan.

Thanks

Fold it and put it in your pocket

If you want the normal size ticket, choose the kiosk option when you do your purchase.

If you print it at home you can go up to any guest relations kiosk and swap it for a 'card' ticket at any time.

If you print it at home you can go up to any guest relations kiosk and swap it for a 'card' ticket at any time.

Not from responses we've heard here. If you want a card ticket, use kiosk pickup. You may find someone who'll swap it but not always.

Oh, I must have just been lucky then.

They've actually got this printed on the page where you purchase tickets:

Please Note: The Print@Home ticket will be the only ticket you will receive. It will print on 8.5" x 11" size paper and must be presented each time you enter the theme park(s). If you would prefer a wallet size ticket, please select Will Call Kiosk or FedEx delivery.

I think they just don't want Guest Services clogged up with people wanting to exchange their piece of paper for something that they just should have chosen in the first place.

Not from responses we've heard here. If you want a card ticket, use kiosk pickup. You may find someone who'll swap it but not always.
Right...only in extreme instances will Guest Services swap out tickets any more.

I had the same question as I just purchased the 14-day, 3-park unlimited tickets at a local AAA. I was not offered the option of receiving a card ticket at all. It seems pretty ridiculous to think anyone can keep a regular sheet of paper useable for 14 days. When I purchased tickets on-line for Universal Hollywood this past Summer we received paper tickets and they exchanged them at the gate and we didn't even ask. Anyone know if this paper policy is a Florida policy only?

I had the same question as I just purchased the 14-day, 3-park unlimited tickets at a local AAA. I was not offered the option of receiving a card ticket at all. It seems pretty ridiculous to think anyone can keep a regular sheet of paper useable for 14 days. When I purchased tickets on-line for Universal Hollywood this past Summer we received paper tickets and they exchanged them at the gate and we didn't even ask. Anyone know if this paper policy is a Florida policy only?

The 3 park unlimited ticket from Undercover tourist is an actual ticket. It is just the AAA that is giving out the printed sheet of paper. When you order tickets online through the universal site, you are given the option of printing at home or choosing the kiosk pickup or having the tickets fedexed to you. However, they don't sell the 3 park ticket anymore there.

Because you weren't given the option, they may print it out for you at the park. I would definitely give it a try.

If you've got a good quality photocopier, you could make several photo copies of the ticket to use of subsequent days. When I've done print at home I've printed 2 or 3 copies of my tickets "just in case". If the bar code doesn't read, they may also be willing to print out tickets if they can read the numbers.

That is why I bought mine from Undercover Tourist as well. I wanted a regular ticket.

How long does it take UT to deliver the tickets to you? We are going to DW in June with a one day trip to U IOA, however Im going to wait until right before our trip to purchase just in case HP will open that same day / week.

Do you think two week would be enough time for them to mail your tickets?

How long does it take UT to deliver the tickets to you? We are going to DW in June with a one day trip to U IOA, however Im going to wait until right before our trip to purchase just in case HP will open that same day / week. Do you think two week would be enough time for them to mail your tickets?
. They are really quick. It took less than a week for my tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter