• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

For past races, the Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend shirts are long sleeve while the Princess and Springtime Surprise shirts are short sleeve. This makes PERFECT sense that the shirts for the weekend in January are long sleeve and the shirts should be short sleeve...one month later. I wish that runDisney would make ALL the shirts short sleeve so we can actually wear them running.
My long sleeve race shirts are now short sleeved...

I swear, I should be able to figure this out on my own but I’m stuck. DH and I are staying at Port Orleans, will have a car, I’m running the half (no POT but anticipate finishing around 2 hours), he wants to cheer me on, at least near the finish. I’m planning on taking a bus around 3:30; does he need to be on that bus too? Can he take a bus around 5? Should he drive over?

I swear, I should be able to figure this out on my own but I’m stuck. DH and I are staying at Port Orleans, will have a car, I’m running the half (no POT but anticipate finishing around 2 hours), he wants to cheer me on, at least near the finish. I’m planning on taking a bus around 3:30; does he need to be on that bus too? Can he take a bus around 5? Should he drive over?
Transportation by bus stops running between 4:30-7:30am.

1677095466861.jpeg

There is also a blurb in the latest email about runner drop off being closed between 4-6:30 because the Epcot exit is closed. Not sure if this affects spectators looking to park 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
From the Expo guide:

"Spectators staying at Walt Disney World® Resorts are encouraged to take Race Weekend Transportation to all events. For safety, you are not allowed to walk to Start or Finish Line. Guests not staying at a Resort will need their own transportation to all race weekend events. For all race events, Guests must park at EPCOT and Parking is free before 6:30 am on race mornings. Planning Ahead Guests who want to drive a personal vehicle will need to park in the EPCOT Parking Lot. Complimentary parking will be available to runDisney guests prior to 6:00am. Athletes and spectators should plan on arriving at EPCOT by 4:00am for all races. Please know EPCOT Toll Plaza via World Drive North is open all race days, but on Sunday (02/26) the EPCOT Parking Lot Exits will be closed from 4:00am-6:30am due to Race Course related road closures. Traffic will not be able to exit EPCOT during this time until roadways have reopened. Please plan all race day transportation ahead of time.  "

Landed in Orlando! Boarded our flight in Minneapolis at 6:30am and didn’t take off til almost 10. They were blasting the heat and I’m pretty sure that was all the heat acclimation training I need, I just about melted into my seat. Had just enough time to make our connecting flight to Orlando, so glad we didn’t go with a flight with a shorter layover, 3.5 hours was just barely enough. So glad we were able to change to this flight as our original flight tomorrow was cancelled. MSP cancelled about half of today’s flights and I’m sure tomorrow will be worse. Just so glad to have made it in time.

Re: spectating the half....

there's also something about parking in one of the parking lots at HS to get shuttled over during the "no traffic" hours during the HM.

I vote that your DH comes over with you, monorails to the TTC to cheer, and then back to the finish for that.

Re: spectating the half....

there's also something about parking in one of the parking lots at HS to get shuttled over during the "no traffic" hours during the HM.

I vote that your DH comes over with you, monorails to the TTC to cheer, and then back to the finish for that.

I interpret the following to be for drop-offs, not parking........

"ARE YOU GETTING DROPPED OFF? We recommend that all runners arrive by 4:00am. Please follow the signs to the designated Ride Share Drop Off area. All rideshares and drop-offs for the Half Marathon, between the hours of 4:00am and 6:00am, will be at Disney's Hollywood Studios Charter Lot off of Buena Vista Drive (NOT the main entrance). Buses will transport Guests from there to the Main Entrance of EPCOT. Please allow extra time. As a reminder to all Participants, races start at 5:00am every day"

@Navychica DH can drive to Epcot-- as @nancipants posted, the way IN is open if you come from World Drive North. So DH would need to exit PO, go left onto Bonnet Creek, right onto Buena Vista and right onto World Drive. And since you are staying at PO, the whole "park free before 6" is irrelevant. So if he doesn't want to come early with you, then he does have another option. Traffic is always a wildcard, though.

What is your favourite souvenir from a race weekend?

What is most likely to sell out tomorrow?

(Trying to know how much worth it is the stress of lines the first day)

Thanks!

What is your favourite souvenir from a race weekend?

What is most likely to sell out tomorrow?

(Trying to know how much worth it is the stress of lines the first day)

Thanks!
Hmmm
Definitely a coffee mug. I like starting my morning with a reminder of past accomplishments. (none available for the 2022 Dopey. Had to make my own)
A magnet for my car (again, none available for the Dopey last year)
I did manage to score an “I did it” shirt for the 2022 Dopey. Unclear if it is unisex or a women’s shirt, but I’ll be wearing it in the park on Sunday…

I’ll make a quick pass by the merch on Saturday but don’t foresee buying anything.

Landed in Orlando! Boarded our flight in Minneapolis at 6:30am and didn’t take off til almost 10. They were blasting the heat and I’m pretty sure that was all the heat acclimation training I need, I just about melted into my seat. Had just enough time to make our connecting flight to Orlando, so glad we didn’t go with a flight with a shorter layover, 3.5 hours was just barely enough. So glad we were able to change to this flight as our original flight tomorrow was cancelled. MSP cancelled about half of today’s flights and I’m sure tomorrow will be worse. Just so glad to have made it in time.
So glad you made it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter