• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2020

Anyone else do their last long run today? I did a little over 10 miles in about 2 hours and it felt great. Definitely feels like I'm in a good place for a successful race weekend!
Now if only I could figure out what I'm going to wear for the races...
I've got one more big one on Sunday (17 with pick ups) but I'm using Princess as a tune up for a full marathon in March. Did 16 today and felt great! So excited for race day!

Anyone else do their last long run today? I did a little over 10 miles in about 2 hours and it felt great. Definitely feels like I'm in a good place for a successful race weekend!

Yep! I did 11 miles and felt good despite the 28 degree temperature. I am looking forward to the Princess race being warmer than that. I hope.

We are just 10 days to the expo. Time for race shirt photos, come on runDisney!

I just purchased the one day MM last month during Marathon Weekend. I made the purchase on MDX the day before. They didn’t tap my band for any pics before/during/after the race since they just use your bib number, so as soon as I got to the parks later that day, I took a character photo so I could get PP to tap my band and that activated it. Worked great. The race pictures take a few days to load but all the early morning ones showed up too :) I had to call about one missing photo, my bib number was slightly obscured but they found it even 3 wks later since I knew the exact time I was in front of the castle. Don’t worry and good luck!
Excellent! That’s just what I wanted to hear. I expected it would work that way, but with Disney IT, you never know. Thanks again!!

I did 14 on Saturday, which was the longest one. I just have a 4-miler left!

Does anyone know who our Balloon Ladies will be for this weekend? I like to track them to see where my times are

Thanks for the reinforcement. That’s what I’d been leaning toward. Now that it’s February it feels like the race and my trip are just around the corner. I’ve only ever run 5Ks in Nashville so am looking forward to a 5K on a flat surface and running around EPCOT!
Back with another question. Should I schedule the Lyft ahead of time or just order it as soon as I cross the finish line? With DHS not opening until 8:00 and the 5K starting at 5:30, I probably have a bit of time to play with but still don't want to cut it too close.

Edited to add: And just after originally posting the question, I realized I'm not even sure where to have the Lyft pick me up if I pre-schedule it, so I may have answered my own question. 🤦‍♀️

Back with another question. Should I schedule the Lyft ahead of time or just order it as soon as I cross the finish line? With DHS not opening until 8:00 and the 5K starting at 5:30, I probably have a bit of time to play with but still don't want to cut it too close.

Edited to add: And just after originally posting the question, I realized I'm not even sure where to have the Lyft pick me up if I pre-schedule it, so I may have answered my own question. 🤦‍♀️
Last year I pre-booked my lyfts for both days. On the second day, I rescheduled it because I felt like I did not have to get there as early. I was still able to get one, easily.

So I found my magic maker. Several of us are traveling together and want to be together on memory maker, however, 2 of them bought their own tickets and set up their own accounts. Is it possible to have them put on our list for memory maker?

Last edited:
So I found my magic maker. Several of us are traveling together and want to be together on memory maker, however, 2 of them bought their own tickets and set up their own accounts. Is it possible to have them put on our list for memory maker?
You just need to be friends on My Disney Experience and then you’ll be all good.

With DHS not opening until 8:00 and the 5K starting at 5:30, I probably have a bit of time to play with but still don't want to cut it too close.

You might not have as much time as you think. Unless you are at the front of corral A, you will not be starting at 5:30 a.m. It may take as long as an hour for everyone to start. Add your run time, time to get through the finish chute and get your medal, to get to the ride share pick-up zone - you get the picture. I wouldn't pre-schedule a pick-up. There are just too many variables on a race morning.

Oh! Also! We bought Tickets, but I would like to connect my ticket to my magic band. Is there a way to do that?

You might not have as much time as you think. Unless you are at the front of corral A, you will not be starting at 5:30 a.m. It may take as long as an hour for everyone to start. Add your run time, time to get through the finish chute and get your medal, to get to the ride share pick-up zone - you get the picture. I wouldn't pre-schedule a pick-up. There are just too many variables on a race morning.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I guess I’ll just have to see how it goes that morning.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter