Princess Storybook Dinner (Norway)

Pixiedust34

<font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti
Has anyone had dinner here recently? How was the food? Which princesses did you see? TIA!

I did a review on this. We went over easter break. It was just dh and myself, our three teen ds refuse to go there and hate norwegian food, dh and I on the other hand love it. I did my review based really on how the old menu and food was before the princesses. If you are not on the dining plan and are paying out of pocket I would strongly suggest going for the breakfast or lunch since it is much cheaper. We had the dde card and got a 20% discount. We saw ariel in her green dress. She only posed when you came in. This is what you can buy the picture package of. Coming to the tables and I mean once and only once each, no coming back, milling around etc., so you better make sure you get your princess money worth, ie autographs and pictures before they leave your table. We saw mulan with lots of makeup and kimono, alice in wonderland, belle in blue dress and I think aurora. Honestly I wasnt paying too much attention. We didnt take any pictures. Now for the food, the cold selections are breads, cheeses, green salad, peel and eat shrimp, shrimp salad, etc. I liked the beet salad and tomatoe salad and cucumbers. They also have cold meats, ham etc. For the main entree you pick off the menu. For the kids I did notice next to us they had the turkey roll up and lots of kids got the pasta choices, the meatball was pretty large. For the adults my dh had the poached cod and I chose the lamb. He said the cod was good, the lamb was a huge amount but I thought it had too much sauce on it and I did have one bite that was totally cold. Our server, was o.k. I didnt like the fact that she rushed the main course out when we were not even done with the cold buffet. The dessert came on a tray to share, rice cream, my dh did not care for it, mouse cake, very good and our favorite, the ligonberry tart etc. For the entrees I would probably choose something different.

Thank you for that review-its been helpful since we are looking for character experience with princesses. don't think we'll be doing this!

We've done the Norway Princess thing 3 times now. 2 for breakfast and once (last Sept.) for late lunch. I liked the food at the restaurant better before they changed it to the Princesses and yes, the princesses are very rushed. Last Sept. we saw Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, and Aurora. It was a little less rushed than on previous visits (breakfast) since we were had the last ADR for lunch. In fact, when we walked up to the podium about 20 min. early they knew who we were since we were the last ones to check-in.

Our new fav. for princess time (only Cindy and the Prince) is Park Faire 1900. The food at dinner is excellent :cloud9: , especially for a buffet. We are going back this Sept. but will be skipping Norway for now. As far as princess interaction we've had better luck finding the princess throughout the world. For example Belle and Aurura are frequently in the library (perfume shop) in France. Jasmine and Alladin are in Morocco. And we've had great success at the Judge's tent at MK. We've always gone at off times and several times we've had all the time we wanted with the "girls".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter