Princess storybook dining VS Cinderellas Royal tale

Never expected to get Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner and on a Friday night, so we did both. We liked Princess Storybook Dining since there are more princesses that actually visit your table to sign the autograph book and for a photo op., but the castle is cool and I figure do it at least once.

We booked both for our upcoming December trip as well. We originally were going to book just CRT because my DD6 really wants to eat there (the last time we ate in there she was 2, so she does not remember it). Then, out of the blue, my DH said that we had to book Akershus too because that is our Disney Tradition. So we are doing CRT for dinner on our MVMCP night and Akershus for breakfast (got an 8:05am ADR before the park opening). However, for your question, we like Akershus over CRT. The character interaction is much better than at CRT. All the Princesses really take time and talk to the whole table. Jasmine (who is my DD8's favorite Princess) asked my DD to sing "A Whole New World" with her because my DD told her that she was her favorite....it was so sweet and my DD was on cloud nine for the whole day. Plus Akershus is a lot cheaper than at CRT, but if you want to have the experience of eating in the Castle then definately do it, I always say it is worth trying once.

We booked both for our upcoming December trip as well. We originally were going to book just CRT because my DD6 really wants to eat there (the last time we ate in there she was 2, so she does not remember it). Then, out of the blue, my DH said that we had to book Akershus too because that is our Disney Tradition. So we are doing CRT for dinner on our MVMCP night and Akershus for breakfast (got an 8:05am ADR before the park opening). However, for your question, we like Akershus over CRT. The character interaction is much better than at CRT. All the Princesses really take time and talk to the whole table. Jasmine (who is my DD8's favorite Princess) asked my DD to sing "A Whole New World" with her because my DD told her that she was her favorite....it was so sweet and my DD was on cloud nine for the whole day. Plus Akershus is a lot cheaper than at CRT, but if you want to have the experience of eating in the Castle then definately do it, I always say it is worth trying once.

I hope you realize that there are no pricesses at CRT dinner.

Princess Storybook for sure.
We did lunch and it was great. You get free pictures ours was w/ Belle. All the princesses came to the table. We really enjoyed it.

We picked Akershus for a few reasons. First, we chose Akershus because of the way dining plan credits are allocated. We arrive early and leave late, so can't double up on credits. As it is we will need at least one meal OOP. Second because of my kids ages. My kids are 4 and 3 also. If they were older, we may have done CRT breakfast OOP. But at this point, they'll mainly care about seeing princesses and won't even know that they can eat in the castle. Once they are bigger, CRT will be more of an experience for them. But at this point, I think Akershus will be enough. Third, we also have read that CRT can be rushed and that Akershus is a better experience in terms of princess interaction. We care a lot more about the princess interaction than eating in the castle (because of kids ages). Eventually we'll do CRT, but this isn't the year for it!

I really enjoy both, but there is just something magical about getting into a nearly empty park and eating in THE castle with the princesses :goodvibes IMO

We couldn't get in for breakfast on our last trip (last minute planning) and had dinner, which we won't do again. But for December I got breakfast again and we are so excited! Plus having a boy in tow the castle is still neat for them and they are "involved" to a degree there.

Both are great and perfect for the little princesses.

Not sure if this is too late but,...We did the Princess Storybook dinner about 2 weeks ago and I will tell you it was great! DD4 got to see Belle, Cindy, Arielle, Snow White & Aurora. They were great! Everyone was great!!!! The photopass photographer, the princesses, Belle's CM. & our waiter!!! I was sooo surprised on how organized everything is but not tooo stuffy. I wasn't thrilled about DD's pic with Belle so we got a do over. They really made a great memory for my daughter! I get all teary eyed just thinking of how Happy she was that dinner! princess:

I would do the princess breakfast over CRT any day. Our experience at CRT wasn't worth another trip. Food was mediocre, service was poor and the princesses were really rushed. At the princess breakfast the food was good, service was great and each princess spent quite a bit of time at our table. Theinteraction was wonderful! We had Belle as our greeter and then Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and Mulan.

I would say if you haven't done CRT before it's worth doing at least once. It's very magical to be inside the castle. With that said, I find the experience at Akershus to be less frenetic. The characters seem to take just a little more time with their table visits and the service was friendlier the two times we ate there vs. the two times we've done CRT.

Thanks for all the help. We ate at CRT when DD was 5 now 9. But have not ate at storybook dining. So we booked Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique then Storybook dining for Dinner.

I didn't like CRT at all!! Felt rushed the entire time and it's 2TS credits. We do the other one every time!!

I enjoy CRT for lunch I have never done anything else. Lunch is a great meal there.

As for the Norway we did breakfast once and the food was just ok and we felt so rushed. the princess come over said hi while smiling at the camera and then signed the book and off with the blink of the eye. They did not even make an effort to see my other daughter who was in a high chair and that has never happened.

Thats just my opinion though.

I would recommend CRT for lunch any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter