princess storybook dining-DEPOSIT?

momma2minnie

Mouseketeer
I was reading Birnbaum's 2007 guide where it said a deposit of $10 is required for meals...Does this apply to DDP users also? and if so is this refunded?

We are thinking about doing this for breakfast one day of our trip instead of Cinderella's Table as it is 1 credit instead of 2 on the DDP and DD3 can still have a princess experience.

The do ask you for a cc#, but they use it just in case you don't cancel in time (48 hours prior to your ADR's day and time). They don't ask a deposit. I just booked breakfast yesterday for my upcoming trip and they didn't ask for a deposit, nor did they take it of the cc. (can check it online with minutes of accuracy)

The princesses at Norway is a great princess experience! We've done a lot of character meals, but this one is the the first one we've done three times. There are usually 4-5 princesses, although Cinderella is not usually there (she was on our May trip, at dinner, but that's the first time we've seen her at Norway.)

Purely for Cindy, what used to be 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is a better character experience than CRT, IMHO.

At CRT, it's really nothing more than a photo op with the great woman downstairs, followed by a meal with a bunch of minor wannabe's upstairs (Mary Poppins, Fairy Godmother, mice, etc.). Cindy's gracious as ever, of course, but you are only going to spend about 30 seconds with her.

At 1900, she comes around regularly and really spends time with the kids. She just doesn't have time for that at CRT. 1900 PF is also a one-TS event.

They do that for a couple of the restaurants...we had to do the same thing with our Fantasmic Dinner package...they will charge you $10 per person counted in the reservation if you do not show up or cancel too late. Usually 24-48 hours...I think some of these restaurants or whatever are in high demand and they want to make sure that if people are booking some of these high demand dinner ressies, they need to show up for them!!?? I am guessing!

thanks to you all for the info.

JimMIA you really have helped me in making the decision to skip CRT and not feel like I'm cheating DD3 out of a Disney experience. Think I might check out 1900 too if time allows. do you think this would be princess overkill? Should I try for Chef Mickey's instead?

1900 Park Fare has much better food than Chef Mickey's. Both are buffets, but 1900 Park Fare's is memorable! (The chilled strawberry soup is delicious!) It also gives your dd much more time with Cinderella and her friends (Prince Charming and 2 mice, at least the 2x we went in 2005).

I just booked the Princess Storybook Breakfast yesterday and had to give a cc # , but she told me it was just to hold it and nothing would be taken off my cc unless I didn't cancel before 48 hours out. I was originally going to book CRT dinner, but quickly changed my mind when she told me that the princesses don't come around from table to table at dinner, only for lunch and breakfast. Even my daughter asked what the point was then??? We've also been to 1900 Park Faire and ITA the food is so good and the characters came around 2X during our meal. Have fun!

I just booked the Princess Storybook Breakfast yesterday and had to give a cc # , but she told me it was just to hold it and nothing would be taken off my cc unless I didn't cancel before 48 hours out. I was originally going to book CRT dinner, but quickly changed my mind when she told me that the princesses don't come around from table to table at dinner, only for lunch and breakfast. Even my daughter asked what the point was then??? We've also been to 1900 Park Faire and ITA the food is so good and the characters came around 2X during our meal. Have fun!

Now that's something the guide book didn't tell me. You pay more for dinner and the princesses don't even make rounds? I don't know how old your DD is but she's one smart cookie.
I think 1900 is sounding better all the time and I'm definately feeling less guilty about not doing a castle meal. She's only 3 not like she even knows you can eat in the castle, but it's a momma thing ya know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter