princess story time

dani12

Mouseketeer
Has anybody done the princess story time at MK? Is it worth it? Crowded? Any input would be appreciated. We are leaving in 21 days and so excited!!!

We did this once and it was really cute. It wasn't very crowded at all and if you get there early your kids might get chosen to play one of the parts. It only lasts about 20 minutes so it is a good break. I personally wouldn't set aside time to do this--it's more of those "right place, right time" kinda things for us. If we just happen to be walking by and don't really have anything else to do, we'll stop for it.

The autograph line with Belle is pretty long afterwards though, as they all are, and it's a little cramped in that area.
No big deal unless you have a baby in a stroller as well.

My niece was kind enough to ask the two 2 CM that were assisting Belle (they were dressed in "townsfolk" garb) for their autographs as well.
They didn't expect it and thought it was very nice.

We did this for the first time on our last visit. DS5 got picked to be Gaston and he just thought that was so cool. I asked him for his autograph and he grinned so big! :rotfl: It was not crowded until a minute or two before the story time began. Then there were people crammed everywhere. Luckily we had already staked out good seats/ :banana:

this is one of our favorite things in the MK and my DD asks me almost every day if we can go back!!

here is the best way to avoid the autograph line - the show will fill up and people will end up sitting on the wall along the sides - ao when you go in sit on the wall all the way inside - there is a little pathway leading up to the stage - when the show is over - you just stand up and you are right there first in line to meet Belle -

we did this last year 3 times and the same Belle was there all 3 times -

the first day she and Julia chatted and when we returned 2 days later for Julia's birthday - she remembered her - held her in her arms and had everyone sing Happy Birthday to her and gave her a big lipstick kiss on her cheek - Julia was in heaven

we then returned at the end of our 10 day trip and Julia asked to go tell Belle goodbye - so we went back and when Belle saw Julia during the show she got a huge smile and winked at her - it didn't matter where we were sitting that day b/c as soon as the show was over - she walked over scooped Julia up into her arms and hugged on her - asked how her birthday was, taught her how to give an eskimo kiss and told her how happy she was she had come back to see her

it was the best experience of our trip - the setting seems pretty intimate to me and Belle is just fabulous in there - if you have a little one who loves Belle - this is a must see!!

Thanks for the great info. Hopefully it will work out as well for us as it did for you! Do the kids that get picked actually go up on stage and act things out? If so, will they pick someone sitting against the wall like you mentioned?

dani12 said:
Thanks for the great info. Hopefully it will work out as well for us as it did for you! Do the kids that get picked actually go up on stage and act things out? If so, will they pick someone sitting against the wall like you mentioned?

The first rule of getting picked is that you have to be older than 6 - they typically pick girls for the roles of Mrs. Potts, chip & lumiere & Cogsworth - it seemed to me they picked them from different areas each time - no real rhyme or reasson - there are two handmaids who walk out and pick them - if they walk by you - have your child say hi to them - I did see a child from the wall get picked

then Belle herself picks two boys - one to be Gaston and one to be her father - they are the only two that talk - the other ones pretty much just stand there - they all dance together at the end - these only came from the seats from what I saw - finally she picks a dad to be Beast - again he only came from the seats (which is exactly why my DH likes to stand off to the side)

We are going to be there May 2-6 - I like you am hoping that the crowds are light - but a CM told me today that resorts are sold out :guilty:

ok I don't remember the storytime from last time we were there...
where exactly in MK is this at?

christih said:
ok I don't remember the storytime from last time we were there...
where exactly in MK is this at?

it is number 29 on the map

mk-map.gif

it is basically right across from Cosmic Rays as you are walking towards the castle - it is kind of tucked away - so if you don't see it - ask where it is

My son got picked and it was really cute. There really isn't much seating or shade, so do it early. It's a cute diversion.

Last July my DD (almost 3) got picked to be Chip. It was adorable. I had heard from Passporter to sit near front and really wave and be animated to get chosen. I wasn't obnoxious but did say "She would love to do it" as the person walked by. They said great and walked her up. DD is not shy and loved it. I have great pictures. We went about 15 minutes early got seats on the stone benches to the left of the stage. Not the first row though some others were already there. It did get pretty crowded before the show. The area is rather small. Good Luck.

This is a great break. We got their late, so my daughter and I made our way to the right side of the "theater" along the back wall. I don't know if it is this way every time, but that is where bell signs autographs. We were 3rd in line!

Hi again. We are will be there May 4-10 and I put in those dates to just see what was open and there was a lot open during that time. I don't think they are all sold out, but I could be wrong

dani12 said:
Hi again. We are will be there May 4-10 and I put in those dates to just see what was open and there was a lot open during that time. I don't think they are all sold out, but I could be wrong

dani12,

I'm not sure I quite follow? There were no tickets required for the Belle Story time when I was there. In fact, we didn't know it was happening until we walked by. Does anyone know if they use tickets now?

My kids did this when they were little. It was a cute little play. My husband and I used the time to review the MK map and decide what to do next. When we finally looked up, both our kids were in costume and performing on stage! It was really cute.

julia & nicks mom said:
The first rule of getting picked is that you have to be older than 6 -

My DD was just turned 4 when she was chosen as Lumiere. That was in 2000, maybe they've found older kids are more likely to 'perform' and not be scared.

Not my DD, though, she was born performing. princess:

We saw this for the first time on our last trip. My DD was picked to be Mrs. Potts and my DH was the beast. It was so funny to see him up on stage dancing with Belle. My DD had a great time telling everyone about it. It was really cute.

THere are no tickets for this, in answer to that question. You just show up and sit down. But it is a very intimate (read "small") theater, so if the parks are crowded, go early. And when we were there two weeks ago, it seemed the very young children were picked - definitely several younger than 6.

By the way, our very favorite CM is the primary Story Time Belle now, and my DD10 absolutely loved seeing her again after our last trip 2 years ago! She is wonderful!

jlaspoq said:
By the way, our very favorite CM is the primary Story Time Belle now, and my DD10 absolutely loved seeing her again after our last trip 2 years ago! She is wonderful!

we love story time belle - is this the same one?

47b5df22b3127cce9dbbb3bae74500000026108AaM3DJq2aNv

47b5dc32b3127cce906d3bafebfb00000036108AaM3DJq2aNv

if so - I would love to know if you know her schedule - I would love for DD to see her again!!

Julia and Nick's Mom - could very well be - did she have a dimple on her right cheek? How long ago was this picture taken? Very very cute, by the way! (I would post some, but never can figure out how!)

Anyway, "our" Belle was there on Tuesday afternoon and Thursday morning for sure the week after Easter. We saw the show 3 times and she was there all three times.

Good luck! We took pictures of our last visit with her so she could "remember" us better! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter