• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Sofia castle in DW rummors or true?

GallileoGirl

Earning My Ears
When we were at the Disney World we have heard people talking about plans to build yet another castle (after Cinderella and Belle) one for princess Sofia.
Ever since she has been released - her episodes first aired in the fall of 2012
and now just days ago her movie went straight to DVD and was released everywhere.. she turned to be so crazy popular among girls and parents alike for this is truly first movie with a little princess not a big girl who is about to get married and it is not all about prince! this princess is little and has little's girls' problems shown in apropriate manners. This explain the huge popularity of this little princess among girls and parents and even Disney was surprised that the short introductory line of her costumes and accessories that was supposed to last well inot the all so awaiting Spring Breake trips to Dis worlds and lands they actually sold out in a blink everywhere and now girls are just not finding them anymore and won't find them for a good while.
Is this sudden and instant popularity behind those talks? Who knows.
It was apparent during our last trip just weeks ago that girls love Sofia as we saw
endless numbers of them parading in their little Sofia costumes and doing it with pride. We almost ended not being able to join the Sofia's rank and it took my bednign to avoid disaster but this is another post material..

Yes Sofia's castle would be fantastic idea and especially if they made one that girls actually can get INTO and do some serious pretending inside as Cindy's and Belle's castle are more for the show then to welcome the little ones inside.

Princess Sofia has been around for about 8 minutes...

If you take a look at it...Disney does not build things in its parks based on "new and exciting" material...
When they did the living seas Nemo overlay - it was after 5 years and Disney/Pixar had made multiple billions of dollars on the characters through box office, home sales, and merchandising worldwide.

What you would get is perhaps some characters in the parks...maybe a small area (of a temporary construction type)

Sofia is a good show - my kids really like it - but even if it has a good run it would be off their channels in 5-8 years...and then they'd be left with outdated space that would have to be repurposed.

Disney only builds when things are deemed "classic" in their eyes...they don't spend money on things that have even the slightest chance of falling into the category of "OLD"...with the occasional blip - like the stupid american idol show (which was cheap anyway)

I haven't heard about this rumor. But, I would not be at all surprised to see them create a themed meet and greet area that may include a small-scale castle or perhaps a 2-D backdrop so that it looks nice for pictures.

Princess Sofia has been around for about 8 minutes...

If you take a look at it...Disney does not build things in its parks based on "new and exciting" material...
When they did the living seas Nemo overlay - it was after 5 years and Disney/Pixar had made multiple billions of dollars on the characters through box office, home sales, and merchandising worldwide.

What you would get is perhaps some characters in the parks...maybe a small area (of a temporary construction type)

Sofia is a good show - my kids really like it - but even if it has a good run it would be off their channels in 5-8 years...and then they'd be left with outdated space that would have to be repurposed.

Disney only builds when things are deemed "classic" in their eyes...they don't spend money on things that have even the slightest chance of falling into the category of "OLD"...with the occasional blip - like the stupid american idol show (which was cheap anyway)

I'd think a mini-bouncy house/inflatable type thing or painted wall set, if that, with a random M&G area either at MK or (more likely) DHS.

Sorta like what they do with Phineas and Ferb.

Unless it's a little playhouse meet and greet like other have said, I doubt it.

It took Belle over 20 years to get her castle and that was a tale as old as time. Little Sofia has yet to make it through her first season.

Unless it's a little playhouse meet and greet like other have said, I doubt it.

It took Belle over 20 years to get her castle and that was a tale as old as time. Little Sofia has yet to make it through her first season.
~LOL, don't forget about Ariel! I think a kiddie castle would be cute, but Sophia will have to pass the test of time. I think Doc McStuffins would get a hospital before we ever see a castle for adorable Princess Sophia. We'll see. :goodvibes

Well, Rapunzel DID get her tower, so there is hope, I suppose.

If they did it, I think it would be done like the tower; as a forced-perspective atmosphere prop visible from Fantasyland somewhere; just another castle in the background of your photo.

Nobody except for little girls have any idea who this Sofia girl is. It's way to big of an idea to have a whole CASTLE dedicated to this girl who is 5 years will be irrelevant. At least for Rapunzel she had a movie in theaters and people know who is she. This Sofia girl, not gonna happen

Nobody except for little girls have any idea who this Sofia girl is. It's way to big of an idea to have a whole CASTLE dedicated to this girl who is 5 years will be irrelevant. At least for Rapunzel she had a movie in theaters and people know who is she. This Sofia girl, not gonna happen

And Parents of little girls who watch it 24/7. :rotfl2:

Exactly!! While I am not ashamed to admit that I adore the show and love it when new episodes pop up on my DVR, I don't think Disney is going to bring any major upgrades for her anytime soon.

I do think that she should be incorporated into the Disney Junior area and possibly have her available for Meet and Greets. I know my little one would LOVE to meet her.

And for those of you that haven't seen the show yet, try it out. It's very well done! popcorn::

I would like to see them do a "Jake" themed attraction/M&G area over Sofia...there's enough princess stuff already, LOL! However my 2.5yo daughter loves both equally, so it'd be win for us either way, LOL!

This would be a rumor in my opinion, one I have not heard. Before any new castle would be built, there would have to be a track record that the character and concept could stand the test of time. Disney wouldn't build a castle based on a new character that has not been around that long. I just heard about Sofia this week.

With that said, could it happen 5-6 years from now? Maybe if she becomes a significant character. I think this is unlikely since the only tie in is on the TV network and no major marketing push.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter