• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Promenade at GF info Please

Wanna be Ariel

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has done this yet and can share some information. I know it starts at 3:30. Was wondering if the sign autographs? Do they take pictures with every kids too? Is it busy? Any insight on this would be very helpful

No autographs or individual pictures (although I think they may have when it first started since there is a YouTube video showing them at the bottom of the stairs with each princess). The kids meet upstairs and take a group photo. Photo pass was present. They then follow Cinderella & Prince Charming in a little parade to the main staircase and walk down. The parade/processional continues to the lobby where everyone (adults are welcome too) takes a few minutes to waltz to music being played on the piano. Short and sweet. How busy depends on the day but they do recruit kids in the lobby for about 30-45 min beforehand and invite them to participate. We had about 20 little princes & princesses.

No autographs or individual pictures (although I think they may have when it first started since there is a YouTube video showing them at the bottom of the stairs with each princess). The kids meet upstairs and take a group photo. Photo pass was present. They then follow Cinderella & Prince Charming in a little parade to the main staircase and walk down. The parade/processional continues to the lobby where everyone (adults are welcome too) takes a few minutes to waltz to music being played on the piano. Short and sweet. How busy depends on the day but they do recruit kids in the lobby for about 30-45 min beforehand and invite them to participate. We had about 20 little princes & princesses.
Do any of the children have the opportunity to dance with Cinderella or the Prince?

Also be aware that the kids are separated from their parents. The parents wait downstairs in the Lobby while the kids are upstairs. The kids must be able to follow the directions of the CM who is attempting to oversee all of them while Cinderella and Prince Charming remain in character.

I'm working on a little video that I took of this when I was there last weekend. It was adorable and very brief.

Do any of the children have the opportunity to dance with Cinderella or the Prince?

They mainly dance just with each other. I have seen them dance with one or two kids on occasion but there are way too many kids present for them to dance with each one. It's probably up to them if they want to only dance together or choose a child to waltz with for a few minutes at the end. I've seen it done both ways.

Also be aware that the kids are separated from their parents. The parents wait downstairs in the Lobby while the kids are upstairs. The kids must be able to follow the directions of the CM who is attempting to oversee all of them while Cinderella and Prince Charming remain in character.

Not necessarily true. I've seen teeny tiny princesses do it. The parents just carry them at the end of the procession. A lot of parents also walk very close to the procession and down the staircase adjacent to the one the kids are walking down so their kiddos are always really close by. You could also just stay in the lobby and join in the dancing part at the end if you didn't feel your kiddo would do well in the procession.

Not necessarily true. I've seen teeny tiny princesses do it. The parents just carry them at the end of the procession. A lot of parents also walk very close to the procession and down the staircase adjacent to the one the kids are walking down so their kiddos are always really close by. You could also just stay in the lobby and join in the dancing part at the end if you didn't feel your kiddo would do well in the procession.
That's good that parents can now accompany their kids. When this event first began, there were reports that parents were grabbing the CM in charge and accusing the CM of "losing" their child.

If parents know their child can't follow the CM's directives, they need to accompany their child.

I know this is an older thread but I just read about the Princess Promenade today so I have been looking for info. The main thing I want to know is if any little princesses can participate or if they have to be staying at GF???

I'm also curious if you have to be a guest staying at the GF. This is the first time I'm hearing about this. My 2 younger ones would love this! Are they done on certain days?

You do not need to be staying at GF. We were staying at BLT last time and just rode the monorail over for it. I believe they do it daily, but not positive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter