• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Pavilion

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
I've just read on DCP that they are reintroducing the reservation system that was operational earlier this year.

This is the translated text

The reservation system will return from April 28, 3 time distributions for Mondays and Tuesdays. And from Wednesday to Sunday, 5 slices.

Everyone will get a ticket booking to access it (Guest, SAP, VIP).

but I've no idea how it works, I've only been in there once, perhaps someone else can shed some light on the system.

It was such a better way to do it. When we went it was like a FP system. 3 alloted times a day they gave out time slot cards to those who queued in the designated area near Princess Pavillion. You had to say how many were un your group & there was only a limited number of passes. You then return to at your time allocated & the wait was only about 20mins.

Yes they do run out but theres 3 chances every day to get them including one during EMH - this was at 9.45am and was the quickest, least busiest of the 3 ticket collection times.
I queued maybe 15 mins early for the tickets & there were 4 people ahead of me. One family member queued with all the rest of their groups tickets. They looked to have maybe 20 time slots.
The ticket times were 9.45am, 1.15pm and 4pm (last two are only approximates - its a while back).
This system worked great & I hope they do it the same way with 3 ticket collection times.

Hoorah!!! It was the 1 thing we wanted to do as both daughters now into princesses but was dreading the long queue!

So I am understanding this right, last time you got to choose from the three time slots right away if you went to the first hand out? Phew, that's good news. I was thinking they'd automatically give you the next closest one - so 9.45 AM for the first hand out, 1 PM for the second and so on. My boyfriend wouldn't quite be happy if I drag him to see the Princesses before he got to ride Space Mountain. ;)

Ooohh I was realling hoping that this might return for our October trip - I'm not sure my Mum could stand for the hour that we queued for last time!

Vala said:
So I am understanding this right, last time you got to choose from the three time slots right away if you went to the first hand out? Phew, that's good news. I was thinking they'd automatically give you the next closest one - so 9.45 AM for the first hand out, 1 PM for the second and so on. My boyfriend wouldn't quite be happy if I drag him to see the Princesses before he got to ride Space Mountain. ;)

No at 9.45 you got time slots up to 1pm and so on.

Mum to Belle said:
Ooohh I was realling hoping that this might return for our October trip - I'm not sure my Mum could stand for the hour that we queued for last time!

It makes it so much easier & alot of people were confused by the system or didnt know what this queue was for so there werent so many in the queue to get a time slot.

Vala said:
Ah okay. Thank you for explaining.

Sorry, I should have explained better in my 1st post. It is much better then queueing for 90 minutes and works well :)

Apparently distribution of Princess Pavilion reservations can now be collected near the Old Mill at 10.30AM, 11.45AM 1.45PM and 4.45PM.

Same spot but with an extra ticket pick up time, sounds good :thumbsup2

Is this permanent now then?

If we go back in December I would love to see the Princesses again I actually didnt mind the 40 minute queue when it was freezing and wet x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter