Princess Mya's MAW Trip Report: First Day and Going Away Party Posted 3/6/09

What an amazing family you have!!! So beautiful
FYI there is now a 'Build a Dinosaur' at T-Rex restaurant in DTD. Same as BAB but dinosaurs (obviously).
Hugs
Joanne

Thanks for the info and the compliment. Funny you should post here as I was getting ready to ask you to create a Journal Page for her wish trip. I was thinking a Give Kids the World Page. The place that they stay and then a General Make A Wish Page.

Thanks for the info and the compliment. Funny you should post here as I was getting ready to ask you to create a Journal Page for her wish trip. I was thinking a Give Kids the World Page. The place that they stay and then a General Make A Wish Page.

Does she like My Little Ponys?? You can stuff a box full of My Little Ponies and MLP Disney themed clothes at DTD (and I think there are a few more around the parks and resorts)!!! My girls love doing that! You can fit a TON of stuff into one of the boxes. I'm thinking it runs right around $20 after tax.

Your children are beautiful!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip planning!!!
...t.

So this planning has taken a slight backseat the last two days to the loss of my wifes Grandfather. He was 86 years old, married for 66 of them. He leaves behind a loving wife three children and many Grandchildren. Mya and Aidan were his only two that were bloodline relatives so they tended to get most of his attention.

It was just last Sunday that he and Mya sat down at the coffee table and drew pictures togethor. This was one of the few times that I had seen him show much affection, but he had a fondness for Mya and Aidan that he didn't really show to others.

Mya on the other hand doesn't act like she is affected by it, but I will except that as a good thing. She has seen her share of death and really has a good grasp for it. We have shared many times with her about her older brother that get's to play ball with the Angels and she knows how close her little brother was to doing the same. She really amazes me each day with what she has been through and how strong she can be. I won't be surprised if she becomes some very influential person in the lives of many some day.

Planning is going as well as can be without dates. I'm still holding out for a late February Trip and have booked a few ADR's just in case. My credit card didn't lke the CRR table pre-bill, but I can get one of those back if need be.

Some have asked about Aidan and how he is doing. He is doing very well, amazing his therapist each and every session. Currently he is fighting a cold which isn't much fun with a Trach, but it does provide a nice path to remove phlem. We hope that he will be walking come February, if only a few steps, but we just continue to push him to do his best in each and every session. We feel that upon our return we will be able to remove his trach and maybe even his G-Button if feeding therapy picks up.

Well back to T-Shirt Designs, Journals and Autograph Pages... oh and looking for a job. :(

I'm sorry to hear about wife's grandfather passing. I hope everything else is going o.k. good luck on the job hunt too. Jonah has the worst time with colds and sinus this time of year, but like you said with the trach it makes it easier to get all the stuff out.
Have fun working on the T-shirt design, journal and autograph pages.

becca

So sorry to hear of the passing. It's hard I know. This cold season is taking a toll on us too as we've been sick at the beginning of each month for the last three months! ACK! Good luck with the job hunting.

I'm so sorry to hear about DW's grandfather. Our prayers and thoughts as with you all this week. Continued prayers on the job hunt as well. The right thing is out there waiting for you! I just wish it would quit poking around and hurry and find you. ;) Loads of :wizard: that Aidan's cold passes quickly and leaves the rest of you alone.

I finally found your link again. I wouldn't miss this for the world.

Well we had a wonderful Halloween, and experienced a new section of our city called Swiss Avenue. This is an historical area and quite a few of the homes get really into it. On average we were told they give out 3000-5000 pieces of candy, and that's one per kid. It was Chaos, but something I think should at least be experienced once.

Mya dressed up as yet another princess this year. She's not a fan of that krinkly see through material so she chose Mulan.

Halloween2009002-1.jpg

Aidan didn't do much trick or treating as the crowd was crazy, so he stayed at a friends house on Swiss and gave out candy.

OurSuperman001-1.jpg

I also carved a few pumpkins for the kids.
This is Aidan's:
PumpkinSuperman001.jpg

And I need to take a photo of Mya's.

It really is amazing to watch that girl walk. Just a few short years ago she was having to use a walker or fore-arm crutches. However this summer she underwent a procedure that only a few doctors do, called Percs. She is now able to run faster and even jump by herself. This is after surgery.

GalvestonandEbay016-1.jpg

A Photo she took

GalvestonandEbay019-1.jpg

This procedure should last about five years before her legs begin to tighten up again, but due to it's micro-invasion technique can be performed again with similar results.

My planning has now got me requesting t-shirt designs, autograph and journal pages. I contacted both MAW and GKTW to get images to use from them to spice up whatever we create. I look forward to sharing it with other MAW's when we get it done.

Birthday in Two Weeks, we need to get those invites sent today.

Great Halloween pics! You did an awesome job on that pumpkin, I am very jealous.. it took me 45 mins to get a horrible looking Mickey done. LOL!

Hey! I just noticed your in Dallas! We live in IRVING!

Just a thought, what about harmony barber shop instead of BBB? We did dd's first haircut there! They have colord stuff to out in their hair and it is a lot less $. Not the same but I just couldn't are spending that much money at BBB! Just a thought...

Well Disneyworld has announced some dates for Pirate and Princess in February, now I'm hoping to hear dates from MAW. It's only been about a month, but gosh I'm not liking the wait.

So what have others done to pass the time?

Well Disneyworld has announced some dates for Pirate and Princess in February, now I'm hoping to hear dates from MAW. It's only been about a month, but gosh I'm not liking the wait.

Obsessively cruise the Disboard! :lmao:

chatted up a storm with their DDA pals;) :goodvibes

I got on here and got ADDICTED to trip reports and DW planning!! :)

And now I am back and am still ADDICTED to trip reports and DW planning... Hmmm... I detect a pattern.

I need a 12 step program for the DISboards....:lmao:

Maybe I should start that thread...

So Six years ago we had just spoken with our doctor and he had stated that what he saw was the same thing that happened right before we lost Griffin our first born a little over a year and half earlier. Mya was a few days over 32 weeks gestation and he felt that it would be easier to help her outside the womb if something were to happen then inside and recommended that we consider delivering her in the morning.

What was different this time though is that this was family talking to us. I was lucky enough to have my sister marry one of the best OB/GYNs in the area, however we hadn't chosen to use him the first time, cause we thought that might be a little awkward. This time we didn't care. We wanted someone that would listen, would be focused on the health of our child and believed that God's hands would help him deliver our child.

As he spoke to us that evening, we spoke in Blackjack terms. He stated my hand was showing a 19, the dealer had a face card showing and it wouldn't be smart to try and hit again. We chose to schedule our delivery for the morning of the 13th, just a few more hours is all we had as the two of us. Soon we would have a little girl and we didn't know what was going to happen after that. All we knew is that we didn't want to be taking home an empty car seat again!

That night we didn't sleep a lot, but our first son and his heavenly caretakers were looking over us...

To my wonderful little girl, that no matter where she is will always be my Princess!

Happy Sixth Birthday!

disney.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter