Princess Jes' Official (narcissistic) trip planning thread (help and advise required!)

Oh I don't think he'd do that. Imagine the amount of people who would request to do that, he'd be inundated!
I made a show suggestion to the trip (RIP) that they could follow along my trip planning to get an international traveller's perspective, alas, it wasn't to be!

Nah, I haven't to be honest. I love being on property. It gives me that real resort feel. It's so nice to not have to worry about driving or parking or "the real world" that I couldn't stay offsite.
We come so rarely (possibly never again after August) so I would want to be in the thick of it as much as possible.

But you better believe that if the economy ever tanks again, I'll be looking very seriously into buying a house in the Orlando area...

Never again? waaaat??
Don't speak that way. I will not have it!

And yes, a lot of these vacation homes are owned by people from overseas and just come down X times a year and go back home.
What's great is they are all in regular neighborhoods in the middle of other peoples full time residences.
My aunt lives in a neighborhood that has a LOT of these homes people rent out for vacations.
She's a cast member, and her office is minutes from the house. (her office is essentially next to the Animal Kingdom Lodge).

Well the husband seems to think we won't be back.

At whatever very far away time we do come back to the USA, if we have kids and they're too young to come, we'll do DL, otherwise we will come when they're 8+ so they're tall enough for everything and old enough to push through a long day at the parks (and not too scared to go on every ride with their mum!)

There's also Disneyland Paris...Tokyo... You have options. (i dunno if those places are necessarily cheaper to go to, though).
Coincide a future Europe vacation around a trip to Disney Paris!

Yeah Europe won't be happening any time soon. Maybe once the hypothetical kids are in their mid-teens and can either stay home or appreciate it for what it is.

Tokyo is certainly accessible from Australia, can get return flights for under $1,000, but Japan is an expensive place to go to in general.

Hong Kong doesn't interest me, nor does Shanghai.

The thing to remember is that Leigh isn't into Disney like we are. He loves the movies for what they are, but he's not a "fan".

The only reason we are going back to wdw/uor is because he thinks if we do this, I'll be ready to try for kids...

Past trips I've witnessed children having a meltdown because one couldn't have a mickey bar while he was holding a half eaten mickey bar, an 8 or 9 year old being pushed in a stroller by her mom, who had to carry the infant that the stroller was intended for, and then there's the screaming. The best method of birth control is going to Goofy's candy shop. I started pulling out my eyebrow hairs because the pain was better.

I understand that people feel the need to procreate, but I am in favor of selective breeding. I am thrilled that our July trip will be at BWV where soccer teams and Brazilian tour groups don't stay as opposed to POP where I can neither sleep, nor walk in a straight line without unsupervised overly entitled miscreants walking into me. My chihuahua is better behaved, but that may have to do with the leash.

It only gets worse as they age. I watched a kid who could have shaved with a wash cloth try to buy beer in Epcot. If I did that as a kid my dad would have picked me up by my throat and carried me to the car. Now it's a cute thing and boys will be boys. WDW is meant for all ages to enjoy, but I have a hard time enjoying it with all those kids running around. #childrensleashlaw

So @pjweaver are you saying you don't want to babysit my kids during the 10th anniversary event? ;)
I will happily babysit them... I just can't promise how they will be when you pick them up. I think I can squeeze 6 weeks of indoctrination and bootcamp into 8 hours. My dad taught me how to fish by telling me I could eat what I caught. If I didn't catch anything I didn't eat. My wife's dad taught her to swim by pushing her in the deep end of the pool.

I know I went way off topic, but I needed to vent. I will give up my seat on the bus for a woman, but when I get on and see a mom and dad taking 7 seats for them, their two sleeping infants, a giant backpack, and a stroller. Put the kid on your lap so the 85 year old lady can sit down. If I am paying a $15 resort fee for this I expect my own private bus, or at least an uber.

Hi Princess Jes - the AUD is up today! 76c!!
Sure is, but that's the official rate... To buy its hovering between $0.72 and $0.73

Don't even think that!

Someone close to me recently said, "Take vacations. You can always make more money. You can't always make more memories." ;)
Haha, yes they did, but it's not exactly about the money (though with kids it would be a lot about that) it's about Leigh not wanting to go back

it's about Leigh not wanting to go back

You know, it's very healthy for couples to take separate vacations from time to time. You can do the thing you love and not have to resent him for not going, haha.
And traveling to the Disney bubble, you're relatively safe so he doesn't have to worry about you since you're in the 'World.

The only reason we are going back to wdw/uor is because he thinks if we do this, I'll be ready to try for kids...

Sounds like you're on the fence about wanting kids. Did your husband know beforehand you might possibly not want any before getting married (assuming he'd want them)?

hypothetical kids

Hypothetical kids are #theworst

You know, it's very healthy for couples to take separate vacations from time to time. You can do the thing you love and not have to resent him for not going, haha.
And traveling to the Disney bubble, you're relatively safe so he doesn't have to worry about you since you're in the 'World.

Sounds like you're on the fence about wanting kids. Did your husband know beforehand you might possibly not want any before getting married (assuming he'd want them)?

Hypothetical kids are #theworst
Yeah I'm all for separate vacations, but this would be a costly one to justify for one person.

Yes absolutely he knew. He's known for the entire 11 years we've been together, I'd never spring that on someone after marriage. What kind of person does that?!
My mother decided one day that she didn't want a husband and 3 daughters so she up and left in the middle of the night.
I don't want that to happen to me twice in one lifetime.

Last edited:
Talk to my wife. She has a way of getting me to do things I am dead set against. I won't mention them here because I think I am maxed out on warnings, but I always cave in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter