Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2025 (Feb 20-24 2025)

Do we have any idea when the deadline for PoT submission for Princess weekend will be? I saw the July 1 date for January weekend. Maybe August 1 or September 1? @DopeyBadger any good guesses from you?

Do we have any idea when the deadline for PoT submission for Princess weekend will be? I saw the July 1 date for January weekend. Maybe August 1 or September 1? @DopeyBadger any good guesses from you?
for W&D it's basically 6mo before the race weekend, so that might be a good reference point. That would be what.....August?

for W&D it's basically 6mo before the race weekend, so that might be a good reference point. That would be what.....August?
Yes, I was thinking August (or actually hoping for Sept 1, just in case I run the CRIM 10 Miler end of August). I wonder if they would pick a mid-month date -- seems unlikely.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-cutoff-confirmed-times.3699036/post-65329572

Based on my guess of MW being 6/26 and it ended up being 7/1, I think Princess will be either 8/1 or 9/1 as well. If you made me choose one, I would choose 8/1, but I can’t be super confident in that.

Hello Everyone,
I'll be in the Epcot area (Swan & Dolphin) during the 2025 RunDisney Princess Half Marathon. I've never participated in a RunDisney event and I'm not really a runner, but the 5K looks like something fun my daughter and I could do together. What is race day like for the 5K? Is getting tickets hard to get? Thank you in advance.

Hello Everyone,
I'll be in the Epcot area (Swan & Dolphin) during the 2025 RunDisney Princess Half Marathon. I've never participated in a RunDisney event and I'm not really a runner, but the 5K looks like something fun my daughter and I could do together. What is race day like for the 5K? Is getting tickets hard to get? Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the boards
Registration is an event unto itself
For this event registration opens on July 30th at 10am eastern time. If you want to register be ready to join the queue promptly at that time if not a few minutes earlier if the links go live
Multiple browsers open and/or following this board will definitely help

Alternately you can look in to registering by signing up to fundraise with a charity partner

I’ve not done so personally but other board members have

Hello Everyone,
Welcome!

How old is your daughter? Children are allowed to sign up for the 5k from 5 years old. If she's older than that, I encourage you to try it. It's a really fun and low-key event since the 5k isn't timed. I've done the Princess 5k with my 7yo daughter and 10yo son and we had a blast. You'll see a lot of people running or walking in costumes. We had dressed as the characters from Wreck it Ralph.

As 1lilspark wrote, yes race registrations are hard to get. They usually sell out in the first hour of registration opening. I'll be at my computer at 9:45 am EST on July 30th to be ready to join the registration queue.

Welcome!

How old is your daughter? Children are allowed to sign up for the 5k from 5 years old. If she's older than that, I encourage you to try it. It's a really fun and low-key event since the 5k isn't timed. I've done the Princess 5k with my 7yo daughter and 10yo son and we had a blast. You'll see a lot of people running or walking in costumes. We had dressed as the characters from Wreck it Ralph.

As 1lilspark wrote, yes race registrations are hard to get. They usually sell out in the first hour of registration opening. I'll be at my computer at 9:45 am EST on July 30th to be ready to join the registration queue.
My kid is 8 and I think she will love it. I'll cross my fingers and try and get some 5K tickets.

@DisneyDad0315 Others have covered the basics of registration (there's a whole post in this forum dedicated to registering, and what the screens will look like.)

As far as race DAY is concerned, you need to start off with bib/packet pick-up, which needs to be done the day BEFORE the 5k, so Thursday. This is done at the race expo at WWOS. Race morning is a very early morning. The races begin at 5am, and runners are released in mini waves until somewhere near 6am generally. With the races starting so early, that means YOU are getting up early so you can get dressed, eat, and get to the Epcot parking lot (via the provided transportation or uber/driving yourself. For a lot of people this means waking up between 2 and 3am. You cannot walk through Epcot to get to the start area. There are usually several character meets available in the starting area before and after the race, but the lines build quickly and you could wait 30+min for a picture (not a full interaction like you'd get in the parks.) The 5k is not officially timed, and some people take 2 hours to complete it, which is understandable as there are also character pictures available along the course.

Youtube is a great place to get an idea of how this actually looks.

There was a previous conversation about guesses for the POT deadline, but does anyone have any idea of what the POT start date would be? Maybe based on previous years? I tried searching the POT thread but couldn't find it. My only recent POT is from April 2022 and haven't raced since (thanks to pregnancy and post-partum recovery). It seems like W&D race would be too late to get a POT for Princess, from what previous posts have said, and I'm really praying I won't need to find a summer race for a POT (cause that probably won't happen haha!)

There was a previous conversation about guesses for the POT deadline, but does anyone have any idea of what the POT start date would be? Maybe based on previous years? I tried searching the POT thread but couldn't find it. My only recent POT is from April 2022 and haven't raced since (thanks to pregnancy and post-partum recovery). It seems like W&D race would be too late to get a POT for Princess, from what previous posts have said, and I'm really praying I won't need to find a summer race for a POT (cause that probably won't happen haha!)

I checked my MW registration and it is accepting races back to Jan 1, 2022. Princess isn't much later, so I would be surprised if the range was much different. I'd bet your April 2022 race will still be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter