Princess Getaway Tips?!

winkytink

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! My friend and I are planning a surprise Disney Princess weekend for our two daughters and we are in the research phase. The projected timeframe for our trip will be three days, two nights at WDW in June of 2016. I have done basic pricing and while I understand those prices will likely increase, I figure it will not be too high of a price jump, and we have some wiggle room.

We have already decided since the girls will both be 7 that the smartest and best option resort-wise would be a regular room at Art of Animation. We also plan to get the Deluxe Dining Meal Plan and 3-day Park Hopper passes.

Does anyone have any tips, tricks, secrets they'd like to share? We want to make this experience amazing for our daughters as they are pen pals and have never been to WDW and haven't seen one another since 2013! DD and I would be flying in from Colorado and friend would be coming from SC with her DD. We plan to meet at the airport and shuttle to the resort from there.

Sorry if I'm leaving anything out; I'm distracted by two rambunctious children so I am a bit scattered right now! Thank you!

My first thought is that sounds like a short trip!

I would plan on doing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. You can bring dresses from home (eBay!) shoes and crown are not needed. For a princess meal, skip Cinderella's Royal Table and instead, do a dinner at Akershus followed by viewing Illuminations. The Anna and Elsa remake of the boat ride in the Norway pavilion should be open by then. This can all be done in one awesome evening at EPCOT. Most of Epcot is skip-able at the age, but it is a great park for meeting characters.

If you hop over to Animal Kingdom, it is best first thing in the morning. Must do's are Festival of the Lion King and Kilimanjaro Safari. Next on my kids list (at 7 yo) would be the Wonders of flight show, Kali River Rapids, and Nemo. All can be done in one morning. My boy also loved the train to the letting zoo and animal hospital, but you have to decide if it is worth the time for your girls.

Hope this helps!

I did this for our granddaughter when she was 4. First think I would do is go with regular dinning. Deluxe is to much time for a short trip, and way to much food. I also would not hop on a short trip. We did BBB, ate at the castle. I decorated our room. Sent things down ahead of time. Ordered her costumes and made her autograph book way in advance. She had a outfit for each park and dinner. Ordered her a cake and class slipper at CRT. It was the year they were putting pictures of park guest on the castle before fireworks and she had her picture up there. It was the best trip we ever took. It was all girls. Both grandmas, her Aunt and mom. Plan and then plan some more. I would go with more days, and less dinning. What time so you land, add 3 hours to that to get to the Resort, then at least 1/2 hour to 45 min. to get to a park. What time do you leave. You have to leave on the bus to the airport 3 hours before your flights. We did 5 days and 6 nights. 1 day for each park, wish we would of added one more day for rest. The day you arrive and the day you leave is pretty much wasted days. You need to rethink this.

Pick-a-pearl at the Japan pavilion in Epcot is fun for that age. You can order a Cinderella carriage or Minnie Mouse necklace to put the pearls in from Etsy. Also, 1900 Park Fare is another fun princess dinner. I believe it's the only one that also has a prince (Prince Charming). My daughter is also 7 and Animal Kingdom is a full day park for her. She loves the princesses but also loves the animals, dinosaur dig area, and Wilderness Explorers activities.

Hi! Princess Trip ftw! I have to admit I agree with DisMommy TX! That is a short trip! My philosophy is that when ya finally break down and plan a trip do it right, it's not like it's an every day occurrence! I just did a Princess Half Marathon girl trip and us gals are two young adult college students so we were trying to be thrifty. As much as Animators is sure to be an amazing place to stay (we even thought about it) we saved cash at All Star Movies and it has a fridge (store a meal or two, there's a near by Target!)! So I would save cash with the hotel and maybe add a day so the trip isn't so cramped? Also you can still visit all hotels and see all the extra features they offer as there is free transportation to everything. My friend and I went to the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea and it was awesome! There were little girls in cute dresses and a group of women wearing fascinator hats! It was a blast and something you could add to your trip! Good luck I hope you and your Princesses have an amazing Disney experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter