Princess Gathering - Grr!

Kuzcotopia1

...it's my birthday present to me! i'm so happy.
I checked into my cruise on 6/12/16 and added the Princess Gathering to my reservation. My parents could not check in until 6/27/2016 because they aren't members. When they checked in, I went to see if I could add them onto the reservation and it came up with this odd message about the "SeaWeb (something or other)" erroring out. Now my reservation is canceled too.

It says there are 4 times left but every time I try to add it back it tells me it can't. It's not the end of the world because my daughter is only 14 months old, but I'm so annoyed. Grr!! I wanted pictures!

*Edit: The error came up again - "This SeaWeb Session is currently executing. A second request can not be processed at this time." I only have 1 window open, not sure what is executing in the background.

So, I have no idea how I missed that you can do this before you sail... Now they are all "sold out" for our sailing. Will we still be able to get them when we get onboard or do they not save any for after boarding?

So, I have no idea how I missed that you can do this before you sail... Now they are all "sold out" for our sailing. Will we still be able to get them when we get onboard or do they not save any for after boarding?
Yes if you go to the place they organise them straight away. it will be on the embarkation navigator where to go, thry will hold some back, as its new, they do that for palo etc.

My I suggest you check your DCL profile, have you signed up for email updates? In my cruise meets group, that was why some didn't get an email advice of this. You do not want to miss out on forthcoming extras.

Thank you!! I was beginning to panic and my husband was giving me a hard time for not "being on top" of our planning hahaha!!! So, is it new to be able to book them online?

Try booking the activity for each cabin separately. I've had luck over the years with this strategy although no experience with the meet and greets specifically.

If your reservations are linked I thought you could book activities on the same day no matter what level the other room is or did I imagine this?

If your reservations are linked I thought you could book activities on the same day no matter what level the other room is or did I imagine this?
No, if linked and one is say Platinum and the other is Gold, you can book Platinum at 120 for those in that stateroom, and then " all" at Gold 105 days. Otherwise everyone would link to a platinum cruiser thry know to get booking at 120 days.

I checked into my cruise on 6/12/16 and added the Princess Gathering to my reservation. My parents could not check in until 6/27/2016 because they aren't members. When they checked in, I went to see if I could add them onto the reservation and it came up with this odd message about the "SeaWeb (something or other)" erroring out. Now my reservation is canceled too.

It says there are 4 times left but every time I try to add it back it tells me it can't. It's not the end of the world because my daughter is only 14 months old, but I'm so annoyed. Grr!! I wanted pictures!

*Edit: The error came up again - "This SeaWeb Session is currently executing. A second request can not be processed at this time." I only have 1 window open, not sure what is executing in the background.

I received that error message when I had looked for Palo reservations, and didn't close the window out before looking at the Princess/Frozen/Character Breakfast. Once I closed out my reservation and re-opened it, I was able to look at the Princess times. This has happened several times to me. I really wish DCL would invest in a website that worked properly. DCL, it can be done. ;)

Did you and your parents attempt to open one (or both) of the linked reservations at the same time (or within a short time of each other - say 20-30 minutes)? If so, you were being blocked because the other reservation had been opened not because it was running twice on your computer -- you can't both be in them at the same time. Even after you close the reservation, it can take up to 1/2 hour for the system to recognize that you are no longer accessing the reservation and allow someone else to access it. This happens when bookings are linked and you are trying to add activities even though each has a separate booking number.

I received that error message when I had looked for Palo reservations, and didn't close the window out before looking at the Princess/Frozen/Character Breakfast. Once I closed out my reservation and re-opened it, I was able to look at the Princess times. This has happened several times to me. I really wish DCL would invest in a website that worked properly. DCL, it can be done. ;)
Many cruisers on my cruise reported this, they did all get what they wanted in the end.

Did you and your parents attempt to open one (or both) of the linked reservations at the same time (or within a short time of each other - say 20-30 minutes)? If so, you were being blocked because the other reservation had been opened not because it was running twice on your computer -- you can't both be in them at the same time. Even after you close the reservation, it can take up to 1/2 hour for the system to recognize that you are no longer accessing the reservation and allow someone else to access it. This happens when bookings are linked and you are trying to add activities even though each has a separate booking number.

I am the only person trying to access the reservations. My parents only did their check-in since they had passport information to be added and I'm taking care of the rest. I've tried adding it back in on multiple days (yesterday and tried again this morning), I always get the "SeaWeb" error on the first attempt of the day and then on the subsequent attempts it will bring up the available times but not allow me to book them. It's obnoxious but like I said my daughter will only be 14 months old and won't care. I was hoping to have my Dad get in and take pictures alone for my 5 and 3 year old nieces at home to giggle about later.

Have you tried booking the event for just one cabin at a time? As I mentioned, that has worked for me.

Glad you aren't too bothered if you can't get it.

Have you tried booking the event for just one cabin at a time? As I mentioned, that has worked for me.

I tried booking separately yesterday and this morning. The error only came up once; however, it is still showing times available but won't let me book. I can select a time, hit save and then it will say "no longer available." I have tried each cabin separately, both cabins, just myself and my daughter, just my father, etc. It never lets me book. I think there might be an issue on the DCL side because my guess is that it's sold out even though times are still showing. I debated calling, just haven't done it yet.

So frustrating. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter