Princess Fantasy Faire, Ariels Grotto, or both?

K311y0h

Earning My Ears
We are planning on doing Ariel's Grotto...mostly because my boyfriend thinks that if we do that we aren't going to do Princess Fantasy Faire. I want to do both lol. I am aware that some of the same princesses may show up at the PFF so my question is it worth it to do both? Or should I skip the wait time for PFF and just do Ariels Grotto?
What have you done in the past? What princesses did you meet?

depends who you want to see. Repunzle, and the Medira from brave are both different from the princess fair. i have never done the pff so i may not be good to answer but i have done the Ariel's and loved that each time ive done it .

At AG, you will see Ariel and four princesses between Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, SW and Jasmine. During the PFF they have three different princesses at any time and rotate throughout the day. You can also find princesses on the side of the castle by SW Wishing Well.
We went the AG route and enjoyed it. My only gripe is that Cinderella wasn't there during our time and DD had just got out of BBB in her Cinderella duds.

At AG we have also seen Pocahontas and Mulan, that was awesome. :) We've never done PFF.

2 days ago we had Mulan but not aurora at Ariel's Grotto. We saw Pocahontas at Ariel's last year, and I think that is pretty rare
Isn't it?

We did both on our first trip with DDs.
Our 2nd day at Disneyland oldest DD had a morning appointment at BBB, then we went straight to PFF, where she met Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora.

3rd day We had lunch reservations at AG. DD met Snow white, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora & Ariel.

She also met Tangled and Jasmine in the parks...

We decided before our trip we wanted to do both AG & PFF, so that our girls had more of a chance to meet all their favorite princesses!

We are doing BBB too. I really hope that Rapunzel is still easy to meet next year! I also hope the girl from Brave will still be there, but for some reason, I doubt that lol

Oh, and if you are only going to do one, then i would pick AG for sure, the meal is pricey, but you will meet 5 princesses! As apposed to 3 at PFF. (ESP if you are going this summer, wait times will probably be 2hrs or more at PFF)

Also, think about what you want in the background of your pictures. I'm not that fond of other people eating in my princess photos, so when we did Ariel's, we still hit the PFF later that day (and got the pretty backgrounds). I also like catching the princesses on the paths beside the castle. Snow White's wishing well is also a pretty backdrop.

Where do you see Jasmine in the parks? In all my years of going to DL I've never been able to see her. I have always hit Aladdin's Oasis at the wrong times when shows were already in session, or when it was closed off for being non show time. It was never a top priority show to see so if we stumbled across it, we would see it and get a meet and greet with her and Aladdin. However I dunno what is going on with Aladdin's Oasis. It wasnt on the schedule in November when we went to Adventureland the Oasis area seemed deserted. I'm very confused.

Also, think about what you want in the background of your pictures. I'm not that fond of other people eating in my princess photos, so when we did Ariel's, we still hit the PFF later that day (and got the pretty backgrounds). I also like catching the princesses on the paths beside the castle. Snow White's wishing well is also a pretty backdrop.

You're absolutely right, I guess Daddy is going to have to wait in a long like with the kids! haha.

Where do you see Jasmine in the parks? In all my years of going to DL I've never been able to see her. I have always hit Aladdin's Oasis at the wrong times when shows were already in session, or when it was closed off for being non show time. It was never a top priority show to see so if we stumbled across it, we would see it and get a meet and greet with her and Aladdin. However I dunno what is going on with Aladdin's Oasis. It wasnt on the schedule in November when we went to Adventureland the Oasis area seemed deserted. I'm very confused.

We met Jasmine and Aladdin just to the right of the oasis area

Last year we met jasmine and Aladdin at the oasis but it wasn't easy. First we walked by with no idea when the shows were and it was deserted. I spoke to 3 different CM's to see when they might show up and nobody had any clue. So then I went to the front to pick up the schedule and it showed that they were scheduled to be there right then. So we walked back and spoke to CM's again and waited and 5 mins later they showed up. They were late and nobody knew anything about it so we just got lucky being there.

Where do you see Jasmine in the parks? ...
"Starting today and throughout the summer Aladdin's Oasis will be open! There will be
character meet and greets with Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie! The area will also be
open to guests who want a quiet area to enjoy their meals or to those who want to admire
the Cave of Wonders." - MouseWait

That's according to MouseWait (link).

377225_c_img.jpg

Photo credit: MouseWait (link)

:earsboy:

I'd go with Ariel's Grotto and skip PFF, but that is just me. For our family, the whole point of doing a character meal is to avoid that LOOOOONG PFF line! Even in the off season, it can be 90 minutes.
Here's what I would do:
Hit Ariel's Grotto early in your trip, and see who you meet.
Then see Rapunzel or Merida in their respective lines
Try hanging out at the hub, in front of the castle. They seem to be doing a lot more "spontaneous" character greetings there. Last year my DD3 saw Ariel walking in front of the castle to go sign autographs over by Snow White's wishing well, and was able to run up and hold her hand while she walked! Super cute pics! I've seen Snow White, Mary Poppins, and several others around there as well.
Just my thoughts, but I sure do hate that PFF line!!!!

Any tips on when/how/where to catch Princess Tiana? Anyone seen her at AG or the PFF?

I've seen her at PFF and in New Orleans Square. She doesn't seem to be out as often now that Rapunzel and Merida are being marketed so heavily, but she does still make appearances. You can always ask at City Hall, they should be able to tell you when and where she'll be appearing that day.

That PFF line can be brutal. I was down last week with a friend and his family and his wife stood in line for the PFF for 75 minutes right after the PFF opened. As in she got in line before it opened at 9:00am and it was around 10:15am when their spot came up.

When you factor in that you have no idea who will be there when your turn comes up you have a recipe for spending an insane amount of time in line only to wind up seeing characters you already saw. I once overheard a family that had stood in that line 4 different times plus a meal at Ariel's all in an effort to see Cinderella.

Honestly, I wouldn't do PFF unless it's the only way you can see a certain princess. And if it is, good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter