Princess Elena of Avalor Meet and Greet?

Elena adds some diversity to the princesses which isn't all that bad but since she didn't debut in a movie I don't think she will be as popular as the other princesses as only parents that have kids watching Disney channel have any clue who she is.

With that said, we were at the Disney Store this weekend and my wife overheard two adults asking who she is and one lady said to the other, "I think she's Hawaiian"...so much for Disney's attempt to brand her as the first latina Princess?

I will say that she was already EXTREMELY popular in Disneyland. Her show had been on for less than a month at that point and we saw as many little Elena's as we did Elsa's in 2014.... They put her dress in BBB at least the Disneyland and it seemed like a lot of girls chose that one. My husband said "Wow, she's even more popular than Elsa was and the show just started!"

Also, if you watch the show, she is VERY obviously branded as "Latina" but realistically very Mexican.

I think the show will be quite popular for a while.

right now she is more popular than sofia but she is aimed at older kids not the disney jr group. I have watched the show and actually like it alot. they try to not really identify a country but it seems very mexican, argentinian to me. I had heard that the reason they took tiana out of the gazebo was that after halloween, they were putting elena there. but again that was just rumorred. I know during the parties jack and sally are there currently

I will say that she was already EXTREMELY popular in Disneyland. Her show had been on for less than a month at that point and we saw as many little Elena's as we did Elsa's in 2014.... They put her dress in BBB at least the Disneyland and it seemed like a lot of girls chose that one. My husband said "Wow, she's even more popular than Elsa was and the show just started!"

Also, if you watch the show, she is VERY obviously branded as "Latina" but realistically very Mexican.

Interesting, not denying she is popular among the Disney/Disney Jr. crowd as my DD also LOVES her (though I must admit I haven't paid an ounce of attention to it) - my mention of her popularity was more to the general population that doesn't have the channel numbers and schedule of Disney & Disney Jr. memorized.

I hope they do a meet and greet, my daughters love her! I like that it is a show that my daughter likes to watch, even though she is starting to outgrow disney jr.

Last edited:
I just received my "Disney Files" magazine, since I am a DVC member and it was stated in the magazine that Elena is scheduled to begin meeting at Disney's California Adventure Park this coming fall. It did not mention anything about her at WDW. My daughter would love to meet her. I'm hoping they'll add her to WDW as well.

My daughter has seen maybe two episodes of the Elena cartoon and is already singing the songs and is into her. I am keeping my eyes peeled for any notice about a meet & greet.
I remember Sofia was a Big Deal for the Disney Jr set (my kids included) and now that they are a couple years older I wonder if Elena will be the next.

Disney is auditioning very heavily for Elena, they started audition calls for maybe once a month but in October they are auditioning for her 3 times, all say that the person has to be full time and relocate to Orlando for at least a year, that tells me that they have seen the interest in the character and we should have a meet and greet, probably by Thanksgiving

I wouldn't say "very mexican" not really a matter of race or ethnicity but if you hear the music playing n the show, not just her songs and her wardrobe it's definitely a mix of latin cultures, I hear a lot of spanish guitar and some of her outfits are very spanish inspired. BTW I want this top so badly :)

My five year old is obsessed with Elena.... We bought the soundtrack and we listen to it in the car. She belts out the songs, we have an Elena nightgown, and she's nuts over the show. The best part? My daughter is blonde and blue eyed- and she adores this beautiful Latina princess. She's learning Spanish at school- "just like Elena!"

We would definitely think about doing a quick trip to meet Elena if Disney does a meet and greet.

I thought I would see if anyone has heard anything recently on this rumor. No fastpasses were released for princess fairy tale hall for the week after thangsgiving, which is when we will be there.

I thought I would see if anyone has heard anything recently on this rumor. No fastpasses were released for princess fairy tale hall for the week after thangsgiving, which is when we will be there.

Someone somewhere said they heard a rumor that Elena/Moana will take one side of PFT and that's why no FP is available yet.

Nothing yet. I went to the "princess welcome ceremony" which was really cute! She is a great princess!

Fun... any chance she'll be around race weekend and what are the odds they will have Moana replacing Tiana by then? (We got FP+ for medal pics with the princess but really hoped Tiana would be with Rapunzel)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter