Princess dresses

bamamolly

Mouseketeer
If you had two little girls would you let them wear their dress up princess dresses around the parks or just for a special dinner or such?

If you had two little girls would you let them wear their dress up princess dresses around the parks or just for a special dinner or such?

You will see lots of little girls dressed up especially at the MK. If they want to wear the dresses, I would let them. Just bring a change of clothes for when they get itchy or hot.

I have one little girl, and the princess dresses you buy from the store were just too hot and itchy for her. This year I made some simple ones out of lightweight cotton to save her (& me) the pain and suffering. If you know anyone that sews you can turn a simple pattern into one very easily. Check out the Disboutiquer's thread down on the creative board for more info. Or feel free to PM me for more info!

If you don't have the sew-your-own option, I would just take them in their fancy dresses for the meal.... never would I EVER suggest roaming the park in the dress the whole day. Take a spare set of clothes with you to change into afterward for park-roaming. A pain to carry the dress afterward, but much more less painful than an itchy, hot dress!

I let my daughter wear hers as long as she wanted. I just took an outfit for her to wear when she was tired of wearing her dress. She surprised me that she wore it for about 80% of the day. She felt so beautiful wearing her dress and being called princess by all of the castmembers.:goodvibes

They are only little for a short time! Let them have the option. Of course you are smart and will pack that change of clothes!

I would (and have) let them wear it for as long as they wanted. Just bring a change of clothes in case they get to hot/itchy/uncomfortable.

As others have said, we let our 2 girls wear their princess dresses for as long as they wanted. 1 decided to take hers off on the way out of our Princess breakfast. The other dd decided to keep hers on all day long. We went in August and it was hot, but she LOVED all the attention she got.

The way I figure it, if you can't wear a princess dress at Disney, then where?? On our first 2 trip with the kids, dd literally wore a princess dress all day, every day. I had made some dresses out of washable satin, so they were comfy.

On our last 2 trips, she didn't want to wear princess dresses :( They grow up so fast!!

My dd 3 3/4 wanted to wear a Princess dress most days on our trip last July (she had just turned 3)! She has Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Lilo, Rose Petal, and Alice for this trip!:rotfl:

Another option would be, if you can, to go back to the resort during hottest part of day and let her wear dress morning and evening. Change of clothes is the best idea.

It's the SHOES that gave DGD4 the problems at Christmastime. She had gone to the BBB for her new "do" in her pretty Belle Christmas outfit, but the pretty little shoes were so inappropriate for the park that we just let her change to her Crocs so she was more comfortable.

Absolutely! I mean, what's more magical that being a Princess in the Magic Kingdom? DD dressed like a princess from age 3-6, and it was great. Some costumes are itchier than others.

I'd let them wear them as long as they wanted (probably not too long, depending on the girlie!) and bring an extra change of clothes for when they're ready to change.

DD3 wore her Cinderella dress for the morning, she got her hair done at BBB & Had lunch at CRT. Then it got hot & itchy for her and we brought a different cotton Cinderella dress for her to change into. She only wore the dresses 2 days.

I did the same thing as Laura and made my daughter dresses out of PJ type fabric. They looked shiny but were soft as could be.

I am going to let my dd. I am going to have her wear a tank top, and shorts underneath because I know they can be "itchy". That way, if she is sick of wearing it, we can take off, and throw it under the stroller. I wont allow her to wear the shoes all day because they don't look very compfy to walk in. I will buy them for her, but I am going to buy them a size too big so she can play dress up with them, and wear the costume next Halloween. She also has tiny tiny feet, and I know the shoes will all be too big. She is just going to wear her stride rite sandals with her dress.

Our dd wears hers for special events (like character meals or if we are going to meet the same character), then as long as she wants to after that...depending on how hot it was that lasted an hour or three. She's usually wearing an outfit underneath, or we something for her to change into so when she done with the costume we do a quick change...I will say we never do the costume shoes - too uncomfortable...we usually put her in crocs, sandals or sneakers depending on the time of year.

Let them do it, and bring clothes and shoes. A great idea is to have the tiara or hair-do pieces so they can still wear those when the outfit gets hot. Give them the choice, yes it might look great for the picture but it ruins the fun when you see a mom or parent SHOVING the dress over the girl's head. It's their picture and they will look just as cute and happier without it. With just some tiara or sparkles, they are still "royal princesses" wherever they visit.
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

I have a little girl and I brought dresses down on her first trip in Sept 08..she REFUSED to wear them.They were too hot and too scratchy and it was 90 degrees and 100% humidity.Let them wear them, but bring something for them to change into

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter