Princess Dresses

Allie in Wonderland

DIS Veteran
So I recently returned from Walt Disney World and wanted to comment on a major difference that I noted. There are very few princess dresses. All of the hotels and stores in the park (including Mousegears and the princess store on Main Street) were selling princess nightgowns in place of the dresses that they normally sell. I asked a CM about this and they said that there is a shortage so you have to go to Downtown Disney to get a dress. When we arrived at the World Of Disney, they had dresses but only in size XL or 14. Does anyone know why there is a shortage of dresses?? This seems very strange and apparently has been this way for a while.

Maybe they want you to have to go to the BB Boutique? :confused3

I bought my nieces the nightgowns instead of the dresses... 'cause I'm cheap :upsidedow

Ya know I noticed that here at home at our Disney store. This time last year it was wall to wall dresses this time I think I only saw Belle. I am on the hunt for a Tiana one for my ODD. IDK what is going on.

Perhaps becasue of the economy they are not ordering as much:confused3

It does seem odd that they have a lot at the BBB but not avaliable in the stores. I was also wondering if there was a disagreement with the manufacteror and that could have stoped the dresses from arriving at Disney.

My guess is that 1) the economy is prohibiting people from spending on "extras" like this and 2) People are finally catching on that these dresses are hot, scratchy, and not well made for the price and are looking for more reasonable options.

Hi
I am glad I saw your post. Did anyone see any princess dress at HS? THat is where we are going to be the first day, and I wanted to get her a dress that day. We have ADR that night at one of the princess dinners.
Thanks!

Honestly we have always brought ours from home, I just cannot justify spending $69 on a dress in the park when I can buy one at the DS for under $25! Buy online and bring it with you. You can put it out when your little ones are sleeping and tell them that Tinkerbell left it for them, it will be just as special if not more!

Wow. I would never have thought this would be the case! We went to DTD last time and went to a store that had a ton to choose from and this time I just planned on having the girls choose one while we were at one of the parks, but maybe I will have to rethink this plan :confused3.

I buy them on ebay and bring them with me. It is waaaay cheaper. BTW, there are lots of Tiana dresses on ebay.

I plan on bringing one for my daughter... do girls tend to wear them all day? I am assuming a back up outfit is a must-pack for that day!

Maybe people just weren't buying them IN the park. I sure don't plan to!

I plan on bringing one for my daughter... do girls tend to wear them all day? I am assuming a back up outfit is a must-pack for that day!

Maybe people just weren't buying them IN the park. I sure don't plan to!

Depends on your DD. We don't use the dresses they sell in the parks but my DD always refuses to take her off. BUT we always bring a back up outfit just in case :rolleyes1

My sister picked up a nice Tinkerbell dress at Wal-Mart up here in Canada for $20. I looked at it and it looks like a good quality one without the itch like the Disney Store/Disney Parks ones.

Hopefully they also sell them down at your Wal-Marts. Not sure if there were other ones or just Tinkerbell.

That is strange. I didn't know there was a shortage. I would say the economy but I think the princess dresses sell good, so I don't think they would want to take them out of the stores. I make my daughter's dresses so that helps but that would stink if my daughter expected to get a dress at Disney and they weren't there! :confused3

my problem is that this is probably the last year my girl will fit in a princess dress....we have to get the size 14...the disney store and online only carry up to 10-12 so we have to wait!!!!!! and ebay does not offer these larger sizes either (unless you count the slutty adult versions..lol)

my problem is that this is probably the last year my girl will fit in a princess dress....we have to get the size 14...the disney store and online only carry up to 10-12 so we have to wait!!!!!! and ebay does not offer these larger sizes either (unless you count the slutty adult versions..lol)

My DD is the same. I found her a NWT Snow White (from Disneyland) in a size 14 a few years ago on Ebay and for a great price. I am on the lookout for another one now but you really have to search through the descriptions.

There was a seller that I found on Ebay a week or so ago who had a few Disney costumes in size 14 (Jasmine, etc.). Just keep searching!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter