Princess Dresses for Babies?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
Is there such a thing? I can't seem to recall if I saw any for infants when we were at WDW in Dec, though I think I saw some for toddlers. Our littlest dd is almost 9 months and thought it would be a cute photo op with the princesses with her dressed up as well (wouldn't have her wear it for any length of time just for princess photos). Do you see babies dressed as princesses on the ship at all and if so where do you find the dresses (available on the ship)?

Disney store carries baby costumes in Halloween time... usually end of August to end of October. Last year we had Rapunzel, Belle, and Tink. Maybe check Ebay?

Looks like you are leaving soon.

I would check Wal-Mart, they may not be as fancy as the Disney Park dresses but they usually have some.

I know my mom bought my niece a cute Tinkerbell one almost 3 yrs ago around this time of year. Not sure how small they made them.

Have you ever shopped on Etsy? You might be able to find something on there - although, with you leaving soon, it might be hard. My daughter is a petite 2 year old, and we bought her the smallest one in disney and just altered it a bit so it fits her!

If you type in "Mermaid baby" in Pinterest's search menu you could find some cute ideas. I think it would be adorable (!!!!) to dress a baby as a mermaid.

Do you sew at all? CarlaC on YouCanMakeThis.com has some great (and easy) patterns that go from infant through size 8 or so.

Go to the Disboutiquer thread on the family board for inspiration. It is a very active board so is usually on the first page of the board. Also many of the people have Etsy or Ebay shops and have their information in their signatures. Or you could PM one of them for info. Some of them may even have things they have made their own kiddos for resale.

One advantage of making a costume yourself is that you can use cooler and softer fabric (and they're washable.) There are some gorgeous creations made of cotton!

I was able to find a size 12 months Snow White costume for my granddaughter online.

Just google disney infant princess dresses

Just a note on the Disney Store ones-- they run small IMO. We had DD in a 6-12 month Tinkerbell costume when she was 8 months old, and it was hard to get on and off her. (And she was not a chunk.)

Too bad you're leaving so soon (but awesome too!) We ordered my daughter's dresses for the cruise from a seller on Etsy who custom made them from cotton. The dresses were gorgeous, fit perfectly, can be washed in the machine, and my DD looked like a princess! Best part? The dresses were about $40 each!!!! The lady I bought from has every Disney princess plus Jane from Tarzan, and the cutest one for babies, the lizard from Rapunzel! From the day I ordered to when they arrived was about two weeks.

Try etsy! Sooo much nicer and more comfortable and often a lot cheaper than the yucky scratchy ones from the Disney store. Just go to etsy.com and do a search!

Do you sew at all? CarlaC on YouCanMakeThis.com has some great (and easy) patterns that go from infant through size 8 or so.

Go to the Disboutiquer thread on the family board for inspiration. It is a very active board so is usually on the first page of the board. Also many of the people have Etsy or Ebay shops and have their information in their signatures. Or you could PM one of them for info. Some of them may even have things they have made their own kiddos for resale.

One advantage of making a costume yourself is that you can use cooler and softer fabric (and they're washable.) There are some gorgeous creations made of cotton!

www.youcanmakethis.com

When mentioning a website PLEASE give the full url of the website.

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter