• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Dress Question

lisaf1

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney World in Apr with my DD (5). She a sleeping beauty dress for the trip. Can anybody tell me if the princess dresses in the big store in downtown Disney are the same price as they are in the Disney store website? If they are the same I may just wait and buy the dress there. If they are less expensive on the Disney store website I will but it ahead of time and bring it with me.

Thanks,
Lisa

I am assuming the dresses in the park are nicer than the cheap Target or TRU dresses? Do they have real zippers, etc? I know my daughter will want to wear a princess dress, but I do not want to spend big bucks once there and I know her cheap dress up dresses are itchy and she would want them OFF in a few minutes' time!

I am assuming the dresses in the park are nicer than the cheap Target or TRU dresses? Do they have real zippers, etc? I know my daughter will want to wear a princess dress, but I do not want to spend big bucks once there and I know her cheap dress up dresses are itchy and she would want them OFF in a few minutes' time!

They are "nicer" but they are still pretty itchy. Not nearly worth the price the parks want for them.

Also, there was another thread on here that the parks are really limited the amount of dresses sold in the parks now. Apparently there just isn't the demand for them anymore. People were reporting having a difficult time finding dresses other than at WOD at DTD.

Nope ~ no zippers and yes they are itchy ~ most are, most things poofy and tulle-y are unless you take the time to cover the material where it touches the skin with non itchy material.
But YES they are much nicer than what you'd buy at a store.

I buy the same dresses/costumes that are sold in the parks on ebay for about $30! http://shop.ebay.com/wantsnneeds4u/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 ~ if she doesn't have what you're looking for contact her, she'll list it and you just need to "grab" it before someone else does. DD has the Alice, Jasmine, Tink, the now discontinued white princess dress and Tiana dresses.

thanks for the tip, no dresses on there now but I will have to keep checking back!

Like I've said before when I've seen links to this buyer... I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Seriously though, she has to be doing something against Disney policy in order to get those dresses cheap. If she's a CM or a spouse of a CM, she's automatically going against policy of using the discount. It's clearly stated that the discount is for the CM and spouse only. a CM can't even let a relative use the discount. And it's strickly forbidden that anything that has been purchased with a discount, can not be resold for any value. And the fact that she has so many "older" style dresses... I know exactly where they are coming from.

I've heard good things about this store: http://www.littledressupshop.com/

I haven't bought anything there, but it's gotten good reviews here on the Dis. If I had a little girl, that's where I'd buy her dress! (I'm just waiting for my new niece to be old enough for a princess dress! I already bought her Dorothy costume when she was 2 weeks old...she'll have to grow into it because the smallest they had was a 2T.)

This store has similar dresses (if not the same): http://www.myfancyprincess.com
They have several on clearance for $22.

Thanks for the replies. I did go on ebay, a different seller than the one listed and found a sleeping beauty dress originally from disney store. I won the bid... only paid $19.99.. :) I am really happy with that. I will be bringing it with me to the parks.

Thanks,
Lisa

The Disney outlet stores frequently have princess dresses for as much as 1/2 off. If you don't find one before you leave, I would check the outlet store that is closest to Disney World before I buy one on property.

wow i wish they would sell princess dresses just little bigger like in the girl 12-14 size or maybe I should be looking for small grown ups... any one know of place that sells bigger girl dress or grown ups. short of making it myself.. ugh

Ohlas, the sites I listed above have adult dresses. I'm not sure about their children's sizes.

Another thought is to check thrift stores for a party/prom/bridesmaid dress that is similar to what your DD would like and accessorize it.

Like I've said before when I've seen links to this buyer... I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Seriously though, she has to be doing something against Disney policy in order to get those dresses cheap. If she's a CM or a spouse of a CM, she's automatically going against policy of using the discount. It's clearly stated that the discount is for the CM and spouse only. a CM can't even let a relative use the discount. And it's strickly forbidden that anything that has been purchased with a discount, can not be resold for any value. And the fact that she has so many "older" style dresses... I know exactly where they are coming from.

"Older Style" ~ I got the Tiana dress from "her" as soon as it was available in the parks, the Tink dress DD wore to MNSSHP was the same they were selling in BBB. I do wonder where "she" gets them but not too much.

She has been doing this for years, so if Disney had a problem ,I'm sure they would've caught up wih her by now.

Just a tip for others looking, check your local thrift stores or consignment stores. I saw three WDW ones at my thrift store the other day for $5!

I don't know the seller, but I purchased a belle gown at the outlet for $13.99 last Sept. The original tag was $64.95. It is the same line as the ones she is selling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter