Princess costumes for kids

Tinkified

DIS Veteran
When we visited WDW in the past our daughter wore a princess costume during the planned character meals. While on the ship when do you see the most children wearing disney costumes? I have seen some posts about the girls wearing them on formal nights and I am sure they wear them for the character breakfasts as well....any other times or suggestions when wearing one would be appropriate, expected or popular? Thanks

I would have been better off packing nothing but my DD princess dresses! Our 1st cruise she wore nothing but. Our 2nd cruise we managed to wearing other outfits occasionally. So to answer your question, according to my daughter, any time is a good time to wear a proncess dress!

I was planning on dressing up my DD5 on either formal night or semi formal...haven't decided which is better yet. So my son doesn't feel left out, I bought him a peter pan costume. Its not formal, so thats why I'm thinking semi formal now.

My DD6 wore a different princess dress each night. I saw some girls dressed in gowns and some not, anything goes. If your daughter is into it, I say go for it!:goodvibes

My DD wore her princess costumes to dinner every night on our 4 night cruise (ok, let me amend that - every night she wasn't in "her club" and went to dinner with us). It was very cute - all the CM were calling her "princess" and making her feel special.

my kids are all grown,
however after 13 dcl cruises Ihave to say we love seeing all the kids dressed as princesses, peter pan, captain hook,alice, mulan and other!!

The kids love it and others get a lot of pleasure from seeing thema ll dressed up.
we have seen them all day every day. There doesnt have to be a special occassion to wear them.

Many girls love to dress up as princesses when they go to the princess meet and greet. The pictures of them all dressed up with the princesses really look awesome!!!

so if you kids want to dress up, let them do it. it will make it extra special for them and for others who get to see them, like us.

mom x4,grandma x4

Reading this, I'm glad I got DD 2 princess costumes when they were on sale this Halloween! LOL

My girls were 2 and 4 when we cruised and I actually didn't put them in the gowns for dinner...between Mickey Bars and pizza and everything else I had visions of the gowns being wrecked while they ate. I did bring them to dinner with me in a tote bag and changed them right after dinner so they could wear them when they met the princesses or wandered around in the evening (we had early dinner seating and seemed to catch many princesses after that). Wearing them to dinner never seemed to occur to them so I just went with what seemed to be the best plan for us. They saw the other little girls wearing them after dinner in line with them to meet the princesses so they felt like part of the crowd that way.

A tip for those who may look for gowns during the course of the year- Target and WalMart and the toy stores all have them, but if you are looking for the exceptionally pretty Disney Store ones, I have found those on EBay at great prices...especially for the extra extra small for my 2 year old that only Disney carries. Also, in October but well before Halloween Disney Store marked nearly all of their dress up gowns and accessories down to half off...so all the $40 gowns were $20, shoes and crowns and wands half off, too. A great deal because that is the price the discount stores always sell them for, but the Disney Store ones are more elaborate and better quality.

in October but well before Halloween Disney Store marked nearly all of their dress up gowns and accessories down to half off...so all the $40 gowns were $20, shoes and crowns and wands half off, too. A great deal because that is the price the discount stores always sell them for, but the Disney Store ones are more elaborate and better quality.
That's what we did for both our kids this year. We got them each 2 costumes for next year when they ahd their 1/2 off sale.

My dd wore a different dress each night and a dress at teh princess party.

We let her go to dinner in her dress as long as she wore one of daddy's old shirts over it and for extra protection we made her a bib from a napkin. We avoided any dinner with red sauce and that worked great. We did that for our last two 7-day cruises. On the first nioght she wears a "regular" dress. After that she is all about her fancy princess dresses.

I have seen kids wearing things like their snow white dress to Do-Si-Do with Snow white in the club and to Tea with Wendy as well as to Character Breakfast.

We've got princess costumes for each day of the week if we wanted . . . but it was not popular on the ship and my daughter never missed not having them on the cruise. Little girls wearing them on the cruise I just got off of was the exception, not the rule. Very few wore them, and if they did, they were very young. Much less than at WDW IMO.

Our dd 6 wore a princess Belle gown on formal night for our 7-day. I did her hair up fancy with a yellow ribbon and she had the wand and matching shoes. She LOVED how everyone kept addressing her as "Belle". Very cute.

On the semi-formal night, she wore the fancy black and white polka dot Minnie dress we got her for Easter complete with her ears. Pirate night, she wore her Captain Hook garb.

For our cruise next Dec, I will probably pack more princess dresses for her to wear to dinner. I think anything goes when it comes to kids. Whatever make them happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter