Princess 5k starting questions

scarlet_ibis

"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"
This will be my first Disney race (and my first race ever, actually). I think I'm pretty set in terms of being able to finish it, but I was wondering:

(1) What TIME does this race start? What TIME do I need to be at the starting area? (I'm coming from the west coast and I'm pretty sure you're going to say something that equates to 2 or 3am my body's time, lol!)

(2) Do we know WHERE that starting area is going to be yet?

(3) What is the best way to get there from the Boardwalk Inn at that hour?

OK, I can answer one of my own questions. The website says the 5k starts at 6:15am/3:15am my time... Eep.

If you go to the rundisney page and click into the specific run, and then Transportation, you'll find more info.

Transportation Hours for the Disney Princess 5K, runDisney Kids Races, and Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast*

Bus Transportation
- 4:15 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Monorail transportation will be available starting at 5:00 a.m.
5K participants must board transportation no later than 5:45 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.

In the Travel section it says that for Princess "And when you stay at any Walt Disney World® Resort during Marathon Weekend, transportation to all race weekend events is provided." So that means all of the resorts are host resorts, so there will be bus transportation from BWI to the start. It states that you canNOT walk through Epcot to the start.

Sounds like the start lines for everything will be at Epcot. I imagine you could look up last year's course and it might be the same?

And yes, doing the races at WDW is painful for us west coasters. I've tried getting to WDW early and acclimating...doesn't work and messes up my stomach because of the resort food. I've tried getting there just a couple days ahead of time but that doesn't really work either because I'm too nervous to leave transportation too late, and because DS likes to participate in other events.

It's just going to be painful. Do your best to eat relatively early and well the day before, try try try to go to sleep or at least rest, and have about 4 alarms set so you don't miss the start. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter