Princess 1/2 walkers?

Looks like someone on the Tinker Bell thread DOES have the answer we are looking for!

I did the WDW 1/2 in January in 4:00. I emailed runDisney and asked if I would still qualify for the C2C before I signed up for the DL half and they assured me that I would. I plan on training for the DL half.:laughing::thumbsup2

Looks like someone on the Tinker Bell thread DOES have the answer we are looking for!

Ooh, thanks so much!

Though I doubt I'm going to be making the C2C happen, its nice to know that its still an option even if you cross that 3:30 limit.

Dreamer, yep - the sweep is done solely based on the very last person from the very last corral. So, C or D, you still will have a good 20-25 minutes extra, at least... My husband's bib number is very close to yours, he put the same time value in. Though I think he's dropping back to corral G with me, at least for the start.

Been a very off week. I had a great walk on Monday and my confidence was boosted. The weather seems to be taking a turn towards real winter. However, worse than that, our 11 yr old puppy stopped eating :( Long story short, he's very ill and I've been very pre-occupied with him, and supporting my DH and DD (and myself) through the loss of our Buddy. Hubs and I decided not to dwell on it. It's been a long emotional week and I'm ready to turn my attention back to magical thoughts.

My bib # is 22244 and DD's is 22245 so it looks like we are also in Corral G. I'm putting the finishing touches on DD's costume this weekend, and I just have to sew my crown on to my cap. DH has already started packing! :D

So, I'm old, I'm very very slow, my best time ever for a half is 3:37, but I've got 3 Coast to Coast medals. As long as you finish the race, you get your Coast to Coast.

If your first half is over 3:30, you still qualify if you were able to finish the race without being swept.

My plan for this year was to do the Donald Half on Saturday and the second leg of the Chip and Dale on Sunday, unfortunately, I fell and broke my coccyx in December. I was thrilled to be able to cross the finish line on Saturday. There was no way to do the Sunday race.

However, I also finished the Tinker Bell, got my Coast to Coast and am now going back to do the Princess.

Sure wish they had another bonus medal for doing the Coast to Coast and Back again...

So, I'm old, I'm very very slow, my best time ever for a half is 3:37, but I've got 3 Coast to Coast medals. As long as you finish the race, you get your Coast to Coast.

If your first half is over 3:30, you still qualify if you were able to finish the race without being swept.

My plan for this year was to do the Donald Half on Saturday and the second leg of the Chip and Dale on Sunday, unfortunately, I fell and broke my coccyx in December. I was thrilled to be able to cross the finish line on Saturday. There was no way to do the Sunday race.

However, I also finished the Tinker Bell, got my Coast to Coast and am now going back to do the Princess.

Sure wish they had another bonus medal for doing the Coast to Coast and Back again...

Wow that is awesome that you have done all of this! :worship: Thank you for the info!

Tinks, I'm so sorry about your puppy. That's never easy. We lost our 11yo cat this past November and it was so sudden and unexpected. That's the only bad thing about being a pet-owner, they are only with us for a short time. I'll be looking for you in Corral G!

Lynda, Congrats on your C2C! That is AWESOME! And I totally agree that you deserve an extra medal for C2C2C!!!

Thanks so much Megan. We have 2 cats also, and over the years have had to put down 3 others. I've never come home from the loss of a kitty to no kitty. Coming home to no dog has been awful! I miss our boy so much more than I expected (and I was expecting it to be difficult). Happy news though, on the day he passed, a litter of puppies were being born, and as serendipity has it, we found them a few days later. So our very empty house will soon be filled with doggy love again. We will never be able to replace our special Buddy as he was truly one of a kind, but shortly after our trip to WDW we will be up to our eyeballs in puppy love :D

So I got back to training yesterday and I'm so pleased that it wasn't difficult at all. I'm SO excited about the race. I think I'll be easy to find Megan! DD's blue and white tutu is done. I found her a white running top (the dry wick kind) and it has blue on the sides. She has a white hat and I'm attaching a blue bow to it. She is representing Country Belle. I am wearing a pink crown on a white cap, white top and black sparkle skirt. I will be the one giggling and crying at the same time while my DD looks mortified and trying not to be look like we belong together :D

Looking forward to seeing you all out there on the course! It's getting so close now!

Hello! I'm a first timer, and I was training to run the 5K before it dawned on me that we're stroller division and I won't be allowed to run. How crazy would it be to do the half, too, with the intention to walk it mostly? These are my first ever races, but I want to run! This group seemed like a good place to ask. =)

Just wanted to day Good Luck to all. I am not doing the race this year but my bff and I decided we needed and wanted to do this race next year before our 40th birthday's later in 2013.

We are already in the training mood and I have gotten some great advice here.

Good Luck again to all.

I just wanted to say good luck to all of our Princess 1/2 Walkers! You can do it and you will be awesome!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Hi!

I just wanted to add my best wishes to all of the Princess Walkers. I've begun the process of walking in next year's Princess Half and the tips on this thread have already proven invaluable. Thank you all for your honesty and great information.

I'll be praying for all of you next Sunday - for safety and success! Y'all are an inspiration to me!

And I would love it if you posted some pictures :)

I will be the one giggling and crying at the same time while my DD looks mortified and trying not to be look like we belong together :D

Oh my gosh, this has me just :rotfl2: I have four daughters, the oldest is 9. The other day, I was telling her how excited I was for the race and how I couldn't wait to do a race with her when she's older. I said "I'll be super excited and giddy, and you'll be dying of embarassment"!

I'll keep an eye out for you two!

Hello! I'm a first timer, and I was training to run the 5K before it dawned on me that we're stroller division and I won't be allowed to run. How crazy would it be to do the half, too, with the intention to walk it mostly? These are my first ever races, but I want to run! This group seemed like a good place to ask. =)

Well... I think the proper answer would be to say, "That's way crazy, if you haven't trained for it". However, being a veteran of a few of these races, I can tell you that there are MANY untrained folks who get out on the course and finish. At one of the races, there was a lady walking in like a blouse and dress pants. This past Jan, I met a young man who was doing Goofy (a half one day, then a full the next)... his longest run of training was 6 miles!! I think only you can know if its a good idea... if you can walk pretty briskly, you probably stand a great chance of finishing esp. if you can throw in a little running... and even if you don't finish, you can get as far as you can and enjoy that much of the experience. You are probably going to be VERY sore and depending on how hard you push yourself beyond your current fitness level, you are probably risking an injury... BUT, the race weekend energy is INFECTIOUS!! And if you think you want to try, the impulsive person in me says "Go for it!"... just don't blame me if it doesn't go well. :rotfl:

How's everyone else doing? We're nearly there! When is everyone traveling down? We don't leave until Friday, arriving around 5 to the hotel and then jetting to the expo ASAP to pick up our packets so we're ready for the 5K Saturday morning. I'm pretty darn excited that they are having a Tangled theme. Is anyone else also doing the 5K in addition to the half?

Enjoy the last few training walks!!

And I forgot to add... Thank you so much to all the folks popping in to give their support. It means a lot!

I'll keep an eye out for you two!

We are bib 22244 and 22245. Please do find us and say hello!

When is everyone traveling down?

We arrive Thursday. We're hitting the expo Friday and our travelling companions' child is doing the kids 1 mile on Saturday.

I'm excited and nervous, but at this point, all I can do is start the race, give it my all, and hope it's good enough. This is the hardest I've ever worked for anything! I'm so proud do be doing it side by side with my greatest achievement.

Thanks everyone for all the support and encouragement here on the board. For those of you already planning for next year, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!

Penny

At Marathon weekend this January, LOTS of people were running w/ their jogging strollers. It seems a rule more breached than adhered to...

I did my last long walk/run of 14 miles last Friday and I am glad it is done. I'm really impressed how you can keep a 16mm pace just walking - I can't walk that fast. I'm still sticking with my 30 second run 90 second walk with some longer walking intervals to help - however, I need the jogs or I can't keep the pace.
Megan, I hope what you say about the crowds is true because I'm going to need a little of that crowd pixie dust to help me out. Half the time I think I will easily do this and half the time I think I will be swept for sure.
We are heading down Friday and I will have my DDs (22 and 24) to cheet me on - I wish I could get them to run too. Hope to see you there but if I don't I will be thinking of all of you.
Martha

I did my last long walk/run of 14 miles last Friday and I am glad it is done. I'm really impressed how you can keep a 16mm pace just walking - I can't walk that fast. I'm still sticking with my 30 second run 90 second walk with some longer walking intervals to help - however, I need the jogs or I can't keep the pace.
Megan, I hope what you say about the crowds is true because I'm going to need a little of that crowd pixie dust to help me out. Half the time I think I will easily do this and half the time I think I will be swept for sure.
We are heading down Friday and I will have my DDs (22 and 24) to cheet me on - I wish I could get them to run too. Hope to see you there but if I don't I will be thinking of all of you.
Martha

Hey Martha! How id dyou feel after your 14 mile walk? I'm SO impressed that you got that long one done before the race! You'll have no problem on race day! You've already done the distance!

Did you get your waiver and bib number yet? If you're starting in Corral G I'd love to meet up if we can and cheer each other along for as long as we're moving at the same pace, or whenever we meet up on route.

I ran my first 13.2 in 3:38:37. I'm not thinking that's fast enough, especially if I'm in the back corral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter