Princess 1/2 2013...anyone else???

MaggieMollyMom

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm aiming for the Princess 1/2 in 2013...I will be turning....ummm...i can say it........40 that month and thought it was a great goal. Anyone else with me??

I have just started a walk/run clinic in town and have a bunch of weight to lose first. I am loving running! NEVER, EVER thought i'd say that!

I won't be joining you for the race, but just wanted you to know that I'm right there with you (actually ahead of you) on the race for 40th bday idea. I ran my first ever race, a half marathon, for my 40th. It was a fantastic way to celebrate the milestone, in my opinion. I'm now hooked and have run all the distances and am training for my first ultra marathon (44 miles). And, it's only been a year and a half since that big milestone.

Yes, you can actually love running. Shocking, isn't it? :)

Good Luck to everyone and I hope all of your training goes well! For all of you runners/walkers, I would recommend you visit your local running store and get fitted with shoes if you haven't already. It makes a huge difference!

I'm in!! I wanted to do the 2012 but it's just not in the cards this coming year. I too will be turning 40 in 2013.

I told DH about this goal after we finished our first 5K at Disney on Oct. 1st. THere's no way I'll make it for 2012 but I'm signed up for the January 2012 5K!

I know what you mean about loving running. I don't feel right if I miss more than one day of running and even though I'm still walk/running, I feel like the walking is getting in my way, LOL.

I'm actually thinking of the Everest Challenge (is that what it's called?). Rumor has it it's taking place in May 2012 and I turn 40 in June. I'd love to do that, as long as it's 13 miles.

DS15 and I did the Everest Challenge for the first time this year, it was a blast!! That's a 5K plus the scavenger hunt.

DS15 and I did the Everest Challenge for the first time this year, it was a blast!! That's a 5K plus the scavenger hunt.

That does sound fun! I'm glad you going to do the princess tho! maybe we can motivate each other thru this process!! I am VERY new to running...this is only my 3rd week! Hope to lose lots over the next year...have lost 5 in the last 2 weeks~! Today i went out on a 'trail' of sorts, not just our on the sidewalk...it was great!

I am hoping to run the Princess Half again in 2013. I THINK it might be the 5 yr anniversary. I ran the one in 2011 and it was so much fun! Maybe next time I'll wear a costume. princess:

That does sound fun! I'm glad you going to do the princess tho! maybe we can motivate each other thru this process!! I am VERY new to running...this is only my 3rd week! Hope to lose lots over the next year...have lost 5 in the last 2 weeks~! Today i went out on a 'trail' of sorts, not just our on the sidewalk...it was great!

I started training for the Everest Challenge last fall but pretty much quit after the race due to laziness and foot issues. I really want to start again since all my kids are runners and DH wants to do an ultra-marathon.

I need to lose about 70 pounds so I've got a ways to go but I think I can shed most of it by the 1/2.
Trail runs are fun. My boys do cross country so we do lots of trails.

Hey we can wear 40 and fabulous shirts!! I'll be 40 in November of 2013 but it still counts!

I am in!! I'm so excited to get back to training. We just returned from WDW and I didn't run the whole time I was there!:sad1: I had no idea how much I would miss it. I was going to do the 5k while we were there but chickened out so I told DH that we WERE going back in Feb 2013 so I could run the half!

I still have a long way to go and a lot of weight to lose before then but I'm determined to do it!!

This is great! I know we will all rock the princess 1/2! I'm so excited...but I know I will need motivation along the way.....I too want to lose at least 70 lbs.....but if I make it to that, I will be happy too!

So happy you are all on board...good luck everyone!

So MMM, what's your plan for training? I did C25K for the Everest Challenge and will probably do that again to start, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

And what is your weight loss plan? I don't really have one yet.

So MMM, what's your plan for training? I did C25K for the Everest Challenge and will probably do that again to start, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

And what is your weight loss plan? I don't really have one yet.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to do the C25K again. Most of the half training programs I have seen are more based on running for a certain amount of time instead of distance. I know I need to build up my speed before something like that will work for me.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to do the C25K again. Most of the half training programs I have seen are more based on running for a certain amount of time instead of distance. I know I need to build up my speed before something like that will work for me.

Well, for me, I joined a local clinic at a running shop here (very similar to C25K or "Runn you butt off", which is a pretty good book btw). I am running very slowly so that I can last the whole # of minutes for that week. This is what the folks at my group have advised anyway. Seems to be working. As for diet, I am trying to cut down on portions to start, and cut out my night time snacking (well, snack-food-free-for-all LOL). That is THEE worst time for me...I put the girls to bed and then, oh wow, there's a whole bag of cookies left??? mmmmm LOL This is just a start. I only started my big 'change' 3 weeks ago. I have lost 6.5 lbs! i have tried every diet out there, all the quick fixes. Now i seem to be saying to myself "running feels better than that cookie tastes". :) I know that if I don;'t lose a significant amount of weight, I won't last through a 1/2. So here goes!!

My birthday is also in Feb but I'll be...well a bit more than 40 in 2013.

I just started running in the last several months & set my goal as the Princess 1/2 in 2013.....with a couple extra days in WDW as a present/reward from me to me! :wizard:

so glad to find others with the same b-day/marathon goal :goodvibes

Good luck & run safe! :cheer2:

Checking in. Haven't had much time for any kind of training. Thankfully Cross country season ends next week, and I have a month until Indoor Track starts.
Went to Target today and picked up a running hat and running gloves. I've decided to hit the outdoor trail as much as I can to keep the body accustomed to running outside. The treadmill is too cushy.

i'm in for the Princess half in 2013! I want to do the coast to coast challenge that but I don't think i'll have the money. darn you grad school! Oh well.. just means more disney trips for me ;)

I'm planing on the Princess 1/2 for 2013. I haven't started training (or doing anything) yet. I just discovered the race within the last week and decided it was a great goal to get healthy. I have about 50 lbs to lose that have crept up on me in the last 5 years. I've never been much on exercise, but that medal looks so shiny and princessy that it motivates me to get off my butt and try something new. I also have C25K on the ready and as soon as I kick this chest cold I picked up at WDW last week, I will get started.

I'm happy to have found you and this thread! :lovestruc

My tentative training plan is built around the idea of first 5King at Marathon weekend. At this point I'm able to do it in the 45 minutes they suggest to avoid being swept.

After Marathon weekend, I want to add weight training in the hopes of being able to go over the darn wall at the Everest Challenge.

And then it's on to training for the Marathon weekend and princess halfs!!!!

(although DH husband doesn't know I want to to both the Marathon weekend AND the Princess half in 2013. I figure I'll let him in on that AFTER Everest.:rotfl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter