• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess 1/2 2013...anyone else???

I want to do this, but I don't think it's in my budget.
Regardless, I've been following the training programs from rundisney.com and tracking myself on endomondo. Does anyone else use this app?

I'm Stephanie, I'm 47 years old.
March '11, I joined Weight Watchers at 202 lbs and about to go into a size 18W. I have never weighed this much in my life, I'm only 5'1". At first I could walk a mile in 22 mins.

Since then I have lost 35 lbs and I'm now in a size 12. My goal is to lose another 25-30 lbs. I feel that I'm stuck at 35 lbs and wanted to kick up my workout by running. I feel so much better since I started running (two weeks). I now can walk/run 2.19 miles in 30 mins. I'm hopeing to run my first 5K in April.

My husband is great and loves any new meals I plan.

I'm Stephanie, I'm 47 years old.
March '11, I joined Weight Watchers at 202 lbs and about to go into a size 18W. I have never weighed this much in my life, I'm only 5'1". At first I could walk a mile in 22 mins.

Since then I have lost 35 lbs and I'm now in a size 12. My goal is to lose another 25-30 lbs. I feel that I'm stuck at 35 lbs and wanted to kick up my workout by running. I feel so much better since I started running (two weeks). I now can walk/run 2.19 miles in 30 mins. I'm hopeing to run my first 5K in April.

My husband is great and loves any new meals I plan.

Great job on the weight loss!!:woohoo:

I am in the same boat. Last May is was 195 lbs and 5'3" I have lost 25lbs, and now fit in a size 12 jean without laying down to zip.;) Even after spin in the dryer. I need to lose another 30lbs and figure training for the Princess 2013 or maybe even the Food and Wine if I can swing a trip this year is a great motivator. I have maintained my weight since September and now need to get back on the weight loss wagon. :yay:

Any suggestions on running a 1/2 marathon? I am a competitive person, but completely know that I am not going to be in the top five of my age group! I've ran plenty of 5K competitions and even a biathalon. Will I look like an idiot walking? :confused3

I watched videos and it looks like people run/walk. The recommend a 16 minute mile pace minimum a 15 minute mile if you want to stop to use restrooms, take pictures with characters etc... which is basically walking at a fast pace. So if you can run walk then im sure you'll do fine! thats what my friend and I plan to do if we get tired :yay: so no you will NOT look like an idiot walking and if you feel like it when you do... look for me and my friend and we can all be silly walkers together! :goodvibes

just keep in mind that there are sweepers who will come and remove those they think are going too slow. so just beat them and you'll be all set!

Now for my introduction!

I'm Elizabeth, i'm 24. I currently weigh about 130, and lost about 15/20 pounds from my recent jaw surgery going from a size 10 to a size 6. I have never been a big runner, though i was a big sports person up until college and stopped to focus on school work and fell off the band wagon. Darn you free unlimited meals in the dining hall! I ultimately want to lose a bit more weight to take back that freshman, sophomore....junior..senior... 15 i gained and get back to where i was a few years ago. so 120 is my goal

I stated before, i'm a dog walker, so right now thats my only training, but i'm hoping to ramp it up as I just cleared the 6 week no strenuous activity mark!

I am so excited I found this thread, I have been planning to run the Princess in 2013 to celebrate my 39th birthday.
Karen- My birthday is March 5th.
Heather- Are you in DC? I ran the army 10 miler this past fall for the first time, it is a great race and I hope to run it again this fall.
Here's my intro:
I am 37, work full time, have a wonderful DH who I run with when we can cause we have two DS's, 5 and 8. I have been running for about three years on a TM in my basement and just last year I started increasing my distance and running outside consistently. I did a 10K last April and I did the army 10 miler in October. I had hoped to do the DC rock n roll half marathon on March, but I may have to be out of town.
I am still training like I will be able to do it. My local Lululemon store has a run club and they are currently running a training program for the half in March so I am following their program. I can post what they are doing if anyone is interested.
I do run outside for my longer runs if the weather isn't too nasty. If it is about 30 out I wear lined tights with a pair of shorts over them, I wear a thick tank under a long sleeve shirt and sometimes I wear a windbreaker over that. I have a thermal head band that covers my ears and thin running gloves, but I usually take my gloves on and off throughout my runs as I don't like my hands to be hot.

I look forward to getting to know the people on this thread and comparing training notes.
Heather

"Hello" Everyone! Like my name says I am a dreamer- I got a friend and together we signed up to do this years 2012 Princess 1/2 - neither of us has ever done anything remotely like this before in our lives! We have been training very regularly for approx 8 months and this weekend will be attempting a 12 mile on pace walk...:laughing::rotfl::lmao: We are both petrified of being swept but have decided that even if that happens we still will have a great trip and will have "won" just by trying! So many TALK but never DO - The day of the race 2/26 will be my 52nd birthday! Which makes it even more special to me! I have lost over 100lbs a few years back and through exercise have kept it off, but my friend is still 100 lbs over weight but she is still trying and doing great!! My DD wants to do it with me next year 2013 and if this year proves to be as great as I am thinking it will be - then we will be joining everyone again! I just want to tell all of you that I remember when we had over 200 days to train and now it is just 37 days until race day! The time just flew by...make everyday count! Lets all keep DREAMING together!

I am planning on doing the princess 1/2 in 2013. My plan was to do it in 2012 but My mother passed away from breast cancer in 2011, and a lot of other things happened to keep me from training. now things are working out and I have started training for the 2013 Princess 1/2 marathon. :banana: I would love to follow along here and post my running stuff here!!!!

I'm so glad that someone pointed out this post to me! My sister and I are planning on running the Princess 1/2 next year and can't wait! We are signed up for the Disneyland half this year and then next year we will earn our coast to coast medals!!! I'm excited to get to know everyone on this thread so we can cheer each other on in our goals!

Monica

hey everyone, I haven't had time to catch up on our thread yet, but I wanted to post 2 motivational videos. They are documenting essentially the same thing and same guy, the second video is just expanded and has more of his success/ things he has done since... Hope you like it!

I motivates me because it shows that it is possible to loose a significant amount of weight and successfully run in a marathon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9BF...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqo87...watch_response

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing? Here's a question for everyone... what training program are you using?

I think I'm going to follow the John "The Penquin" Bingham's training schedule. I've read two of his books, and really enjoyed them. I love his saying, "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

Another book I enjoyed is The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training. It's crude, honest, and laugh out loud funny.

Since I haven't been released by my doctor yet (3 more weeks), I'm going to start walking at home. DH got me Walk It Out for our Wii so I can do it at my pace, and when I get tired, sit down.

I am hoping to participate in the Susan G Komen 5 K in March. :)

OH! Someone asked about costumes. ABSOLUTELY! I'll be wearing one. A tiara, pink skirt, and I'm not sure what kind of top.

Today I started my training! :cool1: Day ONE is done! :thumbsup2

As I mentioned earlier, I'm about 55lb overweight, and I know I have cardio issues, so I am doing the Preconditioning Program (or whatever it's called) from Jeff Galloway before doing the Couch 2 5K program before moving on to the JG Half Marathon Training (Whew! Makes me tired just thinking it).

I made sure that I scheduled all training days around my current work calendar so I can't use the excuse of work to not train. If I stay on track, I'll finish all training by the second week of October and I can 'maintain' until Feb 2013. I've ordered a treadmill that should be here in a week or so to help keep me on track, and so far, my 14DD is wanting to do this with me, so I have a buddy now! If she backs out on me, I totally understand, but it won't stop me from keepin' on! In 12.5 months, I will be running through the castle, running through Epcot and crying when I see my family at the finish line. I want it BAD.

As I told my DD when she asked, I'm doing this for ME, not anyone else, and I have never wanted to accomplish something as much as this - not just for the medal, but to be able to say that I - The Fat Girl, The Lazy Lady, The (Now Ex) Smoker - finished a half marathon. (But the medal is certainly icing on the cake I will for damn sure order from Publix when I cross the finish line! You southern folks know what I"m talking about!)

Day 2 is not until Wednesday - but I'm ready for it!

As I told my DD when she asked, I'm doing this for ME, not anyone else, and I have never wanted to accomplish something as much as this - not just for the medal, but to be able to say that I - The Fat Girl, The Lazy Lady, The (Now Ex) Smoker - finished a half marathon. (But the medal is certainly icing on the cake I will for damn sure order from Publix when I cross the finish line! You southern folks know what I"m talking about!)

Publix cake...:love::love::love::love::love:

I find myself really looking forward to my training days. I'm a SAHM, so it's so awesome just to have that time for ME. Also, it just feels so awesome to say, "I went for a run this morning."

As I mentioned earlier, I'm about 55lb overweight, and I know I have cardio issues, so I am doing the Preconditioning Program (or whatever it's called) from Jeff Galloway before doing the Couch 2 5K program before moving on to the JG Half Marathon Training (Whew! Makes me tired just thinking it).

I made sure that I scheduled all training days around my current work calendar so I can't use the excuse of work to not train. If I stay on track, I'll finish all training by the second week of October and I can 'maintain' until Feb 2013. I've ordered a treadmill that should be here in a week or so to help keep me on track, and so far, my 14DD is wanting to do this with me, so I have a buddy now! If she backs out on me, I totally understand, but it won't stop me from keepin' on! In 12.5 months, I will be running through the castle, running through Epcot and crying when I see my family at the finish line. I want it BAD.

Sounds like you have a great plan! I'm going to have to check into the preconditioning program. I definitely need that! :)

I find myself really looking forward to my training days. I'm a SAHM, so it's so awesome just to have that time for ME. Also, it just feels so awesome to say, "I went for a run this morning."

That's awesome! :thumbsup2

I know right?!? Worth every delicious calorie.

Sounds like you have a great plan! I'm going to have to check into the preconditioning program. I definitely need that! :)

Here is the link (It's actually just called a Conditioning Program, I guess). I thought that doing the 5s run / 55s walk would be hard for me, but I found it way too easy, so we will modify the first two weeks to be a 10s run / 50s walk. At the end of 15 minutes, I was tired, but not dying. I found that encouraging! :cool1:

And waking up this a.m., nothing (overly) hurts. I have that good "I exercised yesterday" feeling. And I slept like a rock, which was a bonus! I'm looking forward to Day 2!

:goodvibes I totally agree with what you said. Its about doing this race for YOU and only you.

I've never had a cake from publix but man that sounds good. My friend jokingly said he was going to tie a margarita to my head and i'd have to chase after it and then it would be my reward for finishing the race

Keep up the good work!

:goodvibes I totally agree with what you said. Its about doing this race for YOU and only you.

I've never had a cake from publix but man that sounds good. My friend jokingly said he was going to tie a margarita to my head and i'd have to chase after it and then it would be my reward for finishing the race

Keep up the good work!

Well we just might all have to get together and make sure you have your first slice of Publix cake. I've never had a better birthday cake. In fact, my daughter's birthday is coming up, and I can't wait to dig into her Rapunzel cake.

Well we just might all have to get together and make sure you have your first slice of Publix cake. I've never had a better birthday cake. In fact, my daughter's birthday is coming up, and I can't wait to dig into her Rapunzel cake.

we should do a meet after for a celebration for completing the marathon! great idea! and i would love some cake! :love: haha

I know right?!? Worth every delicious calorie.

Here is the link (It's actually just called a Conditioning Program, I guess). I thought that doing the 5s run / 55s walk would be hard for me, but I found it way too easy, so we will modify the first two weeks to be a 10s run / 50s walk. At the end of 15 minutes, I was tired, but not dying. I found that encouraging! :cool1:

And waking up this a.m., nothing (overly) hurts. I have that good "I exercised yesterday" feeling. And I slept like a rock, which was a bonus! I'm looking forward to Day 2!

That is great! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Thanks. I found the program and reviewed it last night. I'm going to start it today, but I may have modify it until my doctor releases me. At least it will get me up and moving.

DH said he would pay for me to join a local 24 hour health club so I'm probably going to do that when it gets too hot. We have a paved walking/running trail at the park right behind my house that I can use until then. I'm in the south and the summers are brutal. If you've ever been to Disney in July or August, you know what I mean. 100* with 99% humidity can knock the wind out of you.

Keep up the good work!

I agree. This is for me. DH and kids are not even going to Disney with me when I go. We are taking a family trip this Nov so they will survive.

LOVE the margarita idea! That would definitely get me off my butt! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter