Prince Charles attacked by rioters!

Well no one is going to agree with me but i am glad they are protesting a hike in rates. I wish some people here in the US would protest largely against the waste and taxes and fees we have here. I also think very little of the royal family exvept for Dianas sons so while I am glad no one was hurt it doesn't upset me that they were a target.

It's the definition of "freedom of speech."

Thank you, Okeydokey. That's quite a difference. And who knows, perhaps their laws regarding guns helped prevent a tragedy yesterday

Most probably. Don't get me wrong, I'm right behind stringent firearms laws and all the bonuses it affords to us, but I'm under no illusion that if a terrorist were to take the onus on themselves to arm themselves, pop into a shopping precinct and open fire, they probably will. In fact, why they haven't done so - here or in the US - has left me rather miffed.

But as far your run-of-the-mill drunken gunman goes, having tough gun laws is definitely a good thing.

Back to the topic at hand...

That actually does happen in some places. I know of two small towns in Arkansas where the grads are guaranteed free tuition for college.

Tuition in the U.S. for a top private school is now over $50,000 a year.

Out of interest how much is it at the average public school?

I am not a fan that Wales and Scotland wont pay but then I dont like semi devolution (I would have us as separate countries! :) ) But I suppose its the same as some states paying more than others right?

I think some of the problem is the lack of scholarships, people don't leave money to their College or set up funds so you can only get a bursary if you are the poorest level, and this will be approximately 1 years fees.

The way our system works and will continue to work is that you take a loan from a special company and then you pay this back once you start earning £21k a year or more, it then comes straight out your wages. If you fall below that, or say stop working then you dont pay anything during this time. It will then be written off after say 20 years.

Our Colleges can have few classes etc but I dont think it is a lot different to the average American University.

Out of interest how much is it at the average public school?
I don't know. I think it varies a lot state by state plus out of state residents usually have to pay lots more than residents.

I went to Tulane and Stanford so those are the schools I am familiar with.

I think it's interesting that college takes so long in the U.S. these days. I did my undergrad in 3 years as did tons of my friends. It sure saved a lot in tuition. I still made top grades and worked at least 25 hours a week plus had a very active social life.

I can't believe 12 hours (4 classes) is considered full-time. I always took 18-21 hours (6-7 classes).

I have nothing constructive to add but I want to say that for some reason the title of this thread cracked me up!:rotfl:

Well no one is going to agree with me but i am glad they are protesting a hike in rates. I wish some people here in the US would protest largely against the waste and taxes and fees we have here.

I see that you live in California. Have you not been paying attention to the protests in relation to the CSU and UC fee hikes? They are definitley protesting so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I don't know. I think it varies a lot state by state plus out of state residents usually have to pay lots more than residents.

I went to Tulane and Stanford so those are the schools I am familiar with.

I think it's interesting that college takes so long in the U.S. these days. I did my undergrad in 3 years as did tons of my friends. It sure saved a lot in tuition. I still made top grades and worked at least 25 hours a week plus had a very active social life.

I can't believe 12 hours (4 classes) is considered full-time. I always took 18-21 hours (6-7 classes).

I too k12 hours my first semsester of Freshman year because they pushed that so heavily at orientation and droned on about the workload and I trusted them. It was ridiculous. Ater that I took a minimum of 18 and 21-23 when I had extablished myself and could get an advisor to sign of on "overtime" (18 being the standard maximum where I went). I don't get why we design it that way either:confused3 I still had time to work and to play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter