Primevil Whirl Rehab

francie57

DIS Veteran
Had a FP scheduled for Aug. 19 and I got an email today saying that they had
changed my FP to dinosaur (4 hrs. later!!). No explanation as to if Primevil is
closed - just said schedule change. Does anyone know what is going on for that
timeframe. Also nothing listed under rehabs on the Disney site or any of the other
sites I check. Thanks

The dibb site shows it closed from August 17th until October 12th. That doesn't show on this site's list.

The dibb site shows it closed from August 17th until October 12th. That doesn't show on this site's list.

That would be a pretty major rehab, if it's really closed for that long. I wonder if it's closed for some other work related to Avatar or River of Lights. I don't know the placement of those to tell if they could be near PW.

People have been saying they will be doing a refurbishment one track at a time. So PW would be operating at half capacity with standby only. I haven't seen any confirmation of this though.

People have been saying they will be doing a refurbishment one track at a time. So PW would be operating at half capacity with standby only. I haven't seen any confirmation of this though.

I have heard that too. It seems odd to me that no FPs are available and more than one person has reported having their FP changed.

I couldn't find anything official from Disney.

If they are running only one side they did away with FPs since ours was cancelled. Will have
to wait and see what is going on when we get there I guess.

I check this site, allears, and Disney and there is nothing about it on any of the
rehab listings.

I just got an email that my FP+ had been cancelled for Saturday, September 5th and changed to Dinosaur as well. My replacement FP was also for Dinosaur but at the same time - which would be great except that is the one ride I'm not sure younger DD will have an interest in doing. The first time she rode it we got off the ride and she said "That was fun - I'm never doing that again" - LOL!! And she is a little daredevil and wants to ride everything! My assumption was that it would be closed, but operating only one track standby only is better than nothing as it's one of my DD's favorites. Will be looking forward to an update so we know.

I got the same FP+ change from PW to Dinosaur for 8/24. My slot was also changed to 3 hours earlier! Well, back to the drawing board!

PW will be closed for a couple of months (2-3) for rehab. They were originally going to do one track at a time but have decided to do both tracks at once so they can get all of the work done faster. None of the work is related to Avatar or Rivers of Light. It's just rehab that has been needed for some time now.

PW will be closed for a couple of months (2-3) for rehab. They were originally going to do one track at a time but have decided to do both tracks at once so they can get all of the work done faster.
May I ask where you got/found that information? All I've seen so far was rumor or speculation based on FP+ availability (or lack thereof).

PW will be closed for a couple of months (2-3) for rehab. They were originally going to do one track at a time but have decided to do both tracks at once so they can get all of the work done faster. None of the work is related to Avatar or Rivers of Light. It's just rehab that has been needed for some time now.

That's a really long rehab, like POC long. Are they changing anything or just repairs/maintenance? Thanks

We didn't have a FP but my daughter is going to freak. She has been trying to get on that ride for 2 trips but has always been too short. This year she finically just the right. lol it's kind of funny at this point

That's a really long rehab, like POC long. Are they changing anything or just repairs/maintenance? Thanks
Its going to be a cosmetic rehab, the paint color may change but that isn't a definite yet. There will be a little bit of maintenance but not much. The rehab is scheduled for August 17-sometime before Thanksgiving. There's no end date, they are going to do it as fast as possible though.

bummer - the one ride both my older kids do together at AK while little one is on Tricera Top Spin
Hope it opens by early November before we leave
But hopefully they do change the color. The colors in dino land there are awful

More closures...Great.....Well At least it won't be hot & rainy when we go in 2 1/2 weeks......LoL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter