Primeval Whirl

DeeCee

Mouseketeer
How much spinning does this actually do? I am fine with thrill rides, but spinning makes me sick.

Can you control the spinning at all (Like in the Tea cups) or not?

I would rather skip it than get sick.

You cannot control the spinning.

It only makes 1 or 2 complete turns a few times.

Take a look at the ride before you get on. You can watch the cars go through the ride and see if it spins too much for you.

I didn't think it did too much spinning; and I can not handle the teacups when dh is in charge!;) However, I did think that it was pretty jerky. Kinda like the old crazy mouse rides! I think once was enough for me until ds is tall enough to ride--if he wants to!

I did it in April and thought it was horrible. Spinning doesn't bother me, but I thought the jerking was horrible. Seemed live a very cheap, "unDisney" like ride. Won't do it again.

I did not think the jerking or the spinning was very violent.

But I did think that the ride itself seemed very "ordinary", as opposed to well themed to fit WDW.

Apparently there are actually two Primeval Whilr rides side by side. When I was there (1/03) only one was up and running. It appeared that ultimately one of them would be for Fastpass and the other would be for regular riders.

One thing I noticed for the first time in an amusement ride was Primeval Whirl's evacuation walkways. Most of them are folded up to be less conspicuous. Should a malfunction occur, the cars will tend tos top in selected locations and then the walkways are unfurled with safety railings all positioned correctly for people to climb out of the cars.

Space Mountain is also two side by side rides of similar length, complexity, and character.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

DeeCee,

DBF doesn't like the teacups because of the spinning and he was fine when we did PW last summer. It is a little bit jerky.

This ride was actually a huge disappointment for my daughter and I. We had watched the vacation video and thought PW looked so fun. It doesn't spin much at all. I can only remember 2 full spins throughout the entire ride. It was very jerky though. I usually don't mind rides at all and will ride most anything, but once was enough for me.

I think the amount of spinning depends on the weight of your car. When we had 4 adults in one car we seemed to spin almost continuosly during the last half of the ride (more than 2 spins). When we had 3 adults it didn't seem to spin as much (which was fine with me). I did feel a little sick afterwards, kind of like after tea cups if the cup spins the whole time fast or riding astro orbitor (with me the queasiness goes away after about 30 min).

It is kind of jerky when it turns, since they are quick sharp turns. I laughed the whole time on this ride and really enjoyed it. I think the themeing is fine since it is supposed to be like a cheap side carnival that Chester and Hester built.

Sounds like it is just me judging from the other posts but as far as I am concerned they don't call it "primeEVAL"(EVIL) for nothing! I done it once and I don't ever plan to do it again!

VERY JERKY!

i got very BRUISED when we went on it, and i'm not planning on ever riding it again! :(

Is it jerky like Dinosaur? that ride, to me, seems VERY jerky and it one reason why I don't particulary love it.

Of course - I just keep my eyes closed and hang on for dear life...one of these days I'll go through that ride with my eyes open - I haven't yet! heheh

I can go on almost every ride at DW, including Space Mountain and RnR, but a few weeks ago I tried this one, and NEVER again will I go on it again! It's not fun enough to make you as dizzy as this one makes you. I agree with Seashore, as its not a well themed dw ride.

stinkerbelle -- i really like dinosaur. it is jerky, yes, but not so jerky that i get physically hurt. maybe it was b/c it was just two of us (me and dh) but this ride physically hurt me -- when i got off i was really bruised. the whole ride i was thrown around in the seat like a sack of potatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter