• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Primeval Whirl

bellesbeast2

Earning My Ears
Could someone who has ridden the Primeval Whirl please tell me what it is like? One member of my family has been known to get sick on spinning rides and another has back problems. Is there a lot of spinning and sudden stops and gos on the ride? We are really looking forward to this trip and would hate for this one ride to ruin all the other magic. Any input from experienced visitors to AK would be appreciated.

Could someone who has ridden the Primeval Whirl please tell me what it is like? One member of my family has been known to get sick on spinning rides and another has back problems. Is there a lot of spinning and sudden stops and gos on the ride? We are really looking forward to this trip and would hate for this one ride to ruin all the other magic. Any input from experienced visitors to AK would be appreciated.

We were there last week and there is lots of spinning and very sharp turns. I would definitely pass on it!! There are lots of other wonderful rides!! Good Luck and Have a Blast! :thumbsup2

Personally, I don't find that there's an overwhelming amount of spinning. However, each car does spin differently. You might want to judge for yourself when you're in the park.

My DD and I loved this ride. It does have spinning and drops. If someone were sensitive to these things, I would suggest that they not go on it. There is a nice viewing area where the person could watch the ride and make their own decision. It does depend on how sensitive the person is.

I can do any kind of rollercoaster but hate to spin :sick: I sent my hubby and daughter on it first to test it out, they said you will be fine, I went and it was horrible ( for me ) they even said that it did spin a lot more than with just the two of them, it must have been the added adult that made it spin more. It did not make me physically sick but I did not like the feeling.

Many many people will tell you it is not bad, but only the person who gets sick will actually know if it is bad or not , depending on how sick they get maybe give it a shot at the end of the day, maybe it will end up being their new favorite ride.

I have problems with vertigo, one ride on it was enough for me. I wasn't extremely ill or anything, but it bothered me enough that I didn't go on it a second time.

As for the back problems, this is a very rough ride. I had bruises after I got done. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is concerned about their back.

I would say that if you are sensitive to spinning, or if you have a bad back to pass on it. It wrenches you around corners, and can get to spinning pretty fast. The drops aren't too bad though.

It's a fun ride, but since I am sensitive to things like this, I got really sick.:sick: I didn't feel well for the rest of the day.

We rode it last August, and, Yes, it does spin alot more depending on how many you have in the car!!!!! :eek: We were four in our car, and there were 2 in the car in back of us. When we got off, they asked how we made the car spin so much! As for the "Hurl" effect, Yup, it is there and as for bumps and bruises, I had so many, that I looked as though someone had beat the tar out of my right side!!!! :rotfl: Stand off to the side and watch first. It IS a "HumDigger"!!!:scared1:

I will go on ANY ride...except this one.... I thought it was really rough. I felt bruised and battered a bit after riding this one. :headache: I vote for "skip it" ;)

My DD7 who loves spinny ride and small coasters like Goofys Barnstormer could not wait to try PW. She did not like it at all. The spinning and dropping together in one ride was just too much for her. I do not go on it because I do not do well with spinning. I also avoid the teacups for this reason. If you do not like spinning I would suggest avoiding this ride.

Definately pass! I thought the riders controlled the spinning--WRONG!! This thing spins out of control for about a minute--I didn't even know where the heck I was anymore! Yuck!

I hate spinning rides and this one didn't bother me. It's not like its like the teacups where all you do is spin,I hate them.. If you are really sensitive to spinning then I wouldn't go on it.

There is much more to do in the AK so if you can't do it don't worry bout it. Have fun!!

As for the back problems, this is a very rough ride. I had bruises after I got done. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is concerned about their back.
I agree, don't go on it if you have back problems. My DS8 and I had lots of bruises after riding it. It is not smoothly spinning like the Tea Cups. Instead you are spinning wildly to the left and then get jerked around and start spinning to the right.

Even with the bruises, we did love this ride. But it's not for everyone and we did get dizzy.

Combine the Wild Mouse ride, with the Tea Cups, and you have Primeval Whirl!!! I do have some back issues and this ride just about does me in. It can bother your neck, shoulders, and back. It is very jerky. Each car tends to spin differently. I've been in cars that went crazy spinning, while others barely spun at all.
If anyone has any muscle issues at all, I would pass it by. I've come off that puppy bruised. Unfortunatly, it is one of my dd's favorite rides in AK!!!

My DH who doesn't ride the Teacups, can ride this 1-2 times in a row and that's it. I find it can be a little rough, even though I love it.

IMHO it doesn't do a lot of spinning, by that I mean 360-degree revolutions--mainly jerking your ride vehicle back to the left and right a lot.

Be careful if you have a tender back--I had a strained back when we went last August. Here's what I said about PW in our trip report:

First we did Primeval Whirl, which was fun--a lot like midway rides at fairs, with a lot of jerks and twists that weren't so hot for my back. When we came to the end, I thought the CM said, "Did you have fun?" and the kids said "Yeah!" Well, we take off again! "Uh-oh," my back said. Turns out the CM had actually said, "Do you want to go again?" So we ended up riding it twice. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter