Prime Time or Sci Fi

kajs22

Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woma
Which would you choose in HS for dining?

I prefer the 50'cafe. The food is good and your not siting in cramped seat in the dark like the Sci Fi. Sci Fi the food is ok. :lmao:party:

We really enjoy both. 50s Prime Time is WAY more high energy, where as Sci-Fi is a great place to relax.

I say Sci-Fi. I had lousy food two times at 50's Primetime. Needless to say I will not be back for the third time. Sci-Fi is on our list for this trip. Some burgers and milkshakes....Mmmmm :)

I prefer 50's Prime Time. I think they have the best fried chicken I've ever eaten. Also we've never had a server yell at us. They can kind of tell whther you are into it or not.

We like both. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. They are very different experiences and have different types of food. Sci fi is best for a basic burger and shake while prime time has larger meals.

Thinking of doing a fantasmic package instead of one of these meals - not sure which to skip...

This is hard question because it all depends on your party. Do you have young children, older kids, no kids. Also how many in the group.
So this is what I have experienced at both.

Sci-fi is a super cool restaurant with indoor 1950's drive thru theme. It is a special experience to dine there just for the atmosphere alone. The food is ok, nothing to rave about. My problem is that at the car tables, you can only be seated by two. And none of the party is facing each other so forget having a conversation. Next problem is that it is crazy dark in there so if travelling with a baby or young child, it is too dark to see him properly and trying to feed your child in the dark is a nightmare. Also, the high chair can only be put on the outside of the car and it is very awkward. I also have to say that the B-movies they show scared my then son who was four at the time. The food has been, on average, not that great either, but we seem to keep going back despite all that because it is just too cool of an atmosphere.

50's Prime Time has a fun atmosphere also where you feel like you stepped back in time into a 1950's kitchen with checkered floors, tacky wallpaper and old TV sets playing black and white sitcoms. The food has been consistently good there and I love their milkshakes! The waiters play a little with the guests but in my experience nothing offensive. I find it entertaining. The main reason I like it is that the food is good home cooked comfort food and it is a place where you can just relax with the kids.

I really like both so I always go to Sci-Fi for lunch and 50's for dinner. QS at HS is always bad anyway so I do 2 sit down meals on my HS days.
Hope this helps:thumbsup2

50's Prime Time Cafe is not for us. It really depends on your group and their personality I think. I would much rather eat Sci-fi. I love the atmosphere there and find 50's irritating.

50's Prime Time Cafe is not for us. It really depends on your group and their personality I think. I would much rather eat Sci-fi. I love the atmosphere there and find 50's irritating.

I agree with this.

If you are curious about the interactions at 50's Prime Time, you can look up some videos on You tube. I know I have watched some on there.

We just had lunch at 50s PT a few weeks back and there was nothing irritating or intimidating about our experience. Our server played the role but he was VERY low key. There was no yelling or intimidation, he was actually very nice... really and the food was pretty good. We've also been to Sci Fi in the past although its been a while.

Both are very different yet unique experiences. I actually have found the food at 50s PT a bit better but that's all "opinion" of course. I think you need to browse over the menu to see what you prefer. Keep in mind both have gone to an "all day" menu but you will find more sandwiches and burgers at Sci-Fi as opposed to more "entree" style items at 50s PT.

Feel free to check out my recent review of 50's Prime Time Cafe...
Our Recent 50s Prime Time Cafe Dining Experience

If you go to the "Studios" page on my review website you can also find an older review of Sci Fi, but it still gives you the idea of the atmosphere and food.

I would prefer Sci fi, the food is great. I really like the drive in feel and watching the big screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter