• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prima swap - COMPLETE

123SA, I'm surprised it cost that much! $8.80 is £4.40 in UK money and I'm not sure it will cost that much (I reckoned on about £2.50, as primas don't weigh much, which is $5). Did you use a very heaavy envelope? I meant to take mine up to the PO today to weigh it, but I've just put all my primas (3 groups) and a heavy padded envelope on the scales and it comes up at 225g (about 8oz). I've just checked the PO website and my package ( 3 groups) would cost £3.22 - about $6.50. 2 groups is 195g £2.80 ($5.60) and one group 160g £2.33 ($4.70). But like I say my padded envelope is one with that wadding, not bubblewrap inside. I can re-use whatever you send in (priority packets or bubble wrap envies) and they will be lighter and so cheaper. I think this is more likely to be an issue if you've sent big flowers, heavy-duty bags

I can also empty all the individual baggies into the one big baggie, but then you won't know what comes from who!

Those sending for 3 groups might need to add in a bit extra in case, those doing one or two should be OK. VickiV, if you're sending for you and PrettyinTink you might need $10 or so.

Argh! I ordered my stuff LAST Thursday and paid extra for "super-fast shipping". I haven't heard anything from the company so I've been emailing to find out if my stuff had gone out. I get an email this morning that it shipped TODAY! I am SO MAD right now! I paid almost $10 in extra shipping fees to get it fast but it apparently doesn't change their processing time. Beware Scrappopotamus. :mad:

So, this means I'll be mailing late since I haven't even received my flowers yet. I have all of my bags labeled and ready to go and the package is addressed. Now all I need is my flowers which will probably be here by Tuesday of next week. I'll let you know.

Have I mentioned that I am so :mad: :headache: I could scream?!?!

123SA, I'm surprised it cost that much! $8.80 is £4.40 in UK money and I'm not sure it will cost that much (I reckoned on about £2.50, as primas don't weigh much, which is $5). Did you use a very heaavy envelope? I meant to take mine up to the PO today to weigh it, but I've just put all my primas (3 groups) and a heavy padded envelope on the scales and it comes up at 225g (about 8oz). I've just checked the PO website and my package ( 3 groups) would cost £3.22 - about $6.50. 2 groups is 195g £2.80 ($5.60) and one group 160g £2.33 ($4.70). But like I say my padded envelope is one with that wadding, not bubblewrap inside. I can re-use whatever you send in (priority packets or bubble wrap envies) and they will be lighter and so cheaper. I think this is more likely to be an issue if you've sent big flowers, heavy-duty bags

I can also empty all the individual baggies into the one big baggie, but then you won't know what comes from who!

Those sending for 3 groups might need to add in a bit extra in case, those doing one or two should be OK. VickiV, if you're sending for you and PrettyinTink you might need $10 or so.

I used a white 10x13 envelope and I included one inside for you to mail back -- you don't have to use that though. Yes, you can dump all of my flowers into one bag. I did have 3 groups -- one set of them were plastic. I just used ziplocs, not sure if they were any heavier than any other bag.

Are you currently in any other swaps or one that is opening soon (quotes swap is next week, 42 cent swap)? I could send the $5 to the hostess or find out who has you for the 42 cent swap and send the $5 that way.

Lets wait and see what it costs to go back - if you had an extra envelope inside it that will have added, and plastic flowers will weigh more than the paper ones so I wouldn't panic yet!

You know I'm weak, so I'll be in the quotes AND the 42c, and I've succumbed to the ABC as well (yes, I know I said I wouldn't:rolleyes1 ) And the Roladex now darling Tinkerbean has me sorted :thumbsup2 Let's see where we end up!

TPCShauna - I feel your pain! Welcome to my world ;) Scrappindeals did that to me once - but I forgave them as I should have told them it was for a deadline.

TPCShauna - I feel your pain! Welcome to my world ;) Scrappindeals did that to me once - but I forgave them as I should have told them it was for a deadline.

That's what makes me so mad! I put in the notes of my order that I had a deadline and needed the items by today. Apparently that didn't matter. Horrible CS. Never, ever again. :sad2:

Just wanted to let you know I mailed mine today. I had included $2 since I was only sending one group, but it cost me $2.70 to mail it. I even pulled out one baggie (that you would be sending back to me) before I sealed the envelope to try to make it lighter. When you mail it back, let me know your postage cost and I can send you more $$.

Mine might have been a little heavier since I sent felt primas and not paper.

I'm off to the beach with my daughter and 2 of her friends, but I'll be back in a week (probably before my flowers get to you!!!) and I'll check in then.

Thanks for hosting:flower3: ,
Paulette

I should have thought about some being heavier :guilty: The paper ones weigh next to nothing (which is why I asked if you care to have things in one big dump bag - the bags weigh more than the flowers :scared1: ). I'm sure once I swap this out everything will be fine - one group, if most are paper primas and the envelope is not heavy (like I said, my envie is really heavy! I'm not buying THOSE again :headache: ) could well be in for about £ ($2).

I really am the hostess with the leastest :blush:

Mine went postal today. I used a medium sized bubble envelope and I'm in 2 groups and it cost $4.50 to mail. The weight was 4.5 oz. I included $3 for posting back and hopefully that's enough. If it's more, let me know and I'll get more $$ to you. Or, if you know before May 31 if I owe more, I can have my Mom get it to you since she's over there (and so close to you!) until then.

Thanks for hostessing this swap!

I mailed mine and pretty in tink's today. They are in the same envelope, similar to what you mailed your recipes in, so it's a heavy envelope. It cost $10.40 to ship, but there are a couple goodies in it for you. Hopefully, the $10 I enclosed will be enough to ship them back. If not, I'll enclose the extra when I send your recipes back to you this time.

VickiV

AWM - your arrived today! and thank you for the goodies - not necessary but very welcome (stops to shout "Give them back Christian, they're MINE!" :lmao: )

Unless anyone particularly wants things in indiv. bags I think I'll bundle them all by group, if that's OK with everyone. I might put them in office envies with protection (we so rarely post stuff these days there's BOXES at work gathering dust!), but as you're all saving me queing up to get $$ for my next few swaps I'm not wqorried about 50p here and there. I can get up to 100g for $3 according to my chart for "small packet" and one group's worth in indiv, baggies within a larger bag is only 30g - its the envelope that adds! And of course I won't be posting $$ back - if you put your $$ in a bag with a note it all adds weight!

So no need to panic yet those who've sent:thumbsup2

I hate to do this but due to circumstances in life right now I just can't get this taken care of- life is a little crazy right now. I am going to have to drop out. I am sorry.

Rebecca

My package will be postal in the morning!

So I ordered these really nice HUGE primas for this swap and they haven't come yet, so I raided my stash and used these tiny little primas that I thought were really cute (when I bought them months ago)...until I had to sort them!

Man what a PITA they were to split up - :lmao: Any hoo...

Mazda stuffed my envelope with extra goodies for you - hope you like them

Rhonda

Now yoou've done it Rhonda - I'll be pouncing on my postie shouting "give me my goodies" :lmao:

No problem Rebecca - i know it must be something major as you are always on top of things. when I get home I'll open up for an angel, unless anyone not in 1 and/or 2 wants an extra spot? I've got two scrapping ladies coming over later so I'll try to get them to fill as they won't have to post to me, but they're not very "online aware" re: shopping so if anyone wants the spots let me know!

123SA and DisneyisTerriffic yours arrived, and thanks so much for the goodies!

Mickey Teacher and misplacedmidwstern, yours arrived and thanks for the gift!

If we don't get angels for Rebecca's groups I'll send you your spare bag back, unless you'd rather get a random bag as a surprise! Let me know what you prefer.:thumbsup2

Tinkerbean and Believen, yours both came today and thank you for the gifts! DS(8) is going to be so excited when he gets home from camp - he's getting to be nearly as much of a collector as me:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter