Pricing??

xcitedtogo

Earning My Ears
OK, from what I have read here, the opening day or two has the best rates for the future cruises.

I am looking to book in 2014 when the prices come out and I am eagerly anticipating the release of the iteneries. I went back to the opening day threads and plugged in a cruise for September 2013. The same price and with insurance came up for the cruise in the same category as what was posted in October.

I know that if you want the selection of which room you have you book early but with all the VGT/OGT/IGT offers coming up is it really worth it to book early??

If you book early with a dummy booking, pay the difference if there is one, can you rebook later on if the price drops over time?

I just do not see the point right now of the early booking bonus when the price for the same category is exactly the same as what it was back in October?

Help me out....

OK, from what I have read here, the opening day or two has the best rates for the future cruises.

I am looking to book in 2014 when the prices come out and I am eagerly anticipating the release of the iteneries. I went back to the opening day threads and plugged in a cruise for September 2013. The same price and with insurance came up for the cruise in the same category as what was posted in October.

I know that if you want the selection of which room you have you book early but with all the VGT/OGT/IGT offers coming up is it really worth it to book early??

If you book early with a dummy booking, pay the difference if there is one, can you rebook later on if the price drops over time?

I just do not see the point right now of the early booking bonus when the price for the same category is exactly the same as what it was back in October?

Help me out....

The cruises that are selling well will have their prices rise faster. The ones not selling as quickly, the prices rise slower.

There have been cruises that the prices have risen dramatically within hours of being released, others that there hasn't been much change. You take your chances if you wait to book, since, traditionally, prices are their lowest at the initial release of the itineraries.

For the most part, the IGT, OGT, & VGT fares are quite a bit less than the other prices at the time they are opened, but are usually more than opening day prices.

:cutie:

Help me out....

If you book early, you can select your stateroom (or, at the very least, a specific category). You can move your cruise date, you can cancel, you can pay in installments, you can make changes and do a variety of other things. It's a "protected" fare that gives you maximum flexibility.

IGT/OGT/VGT are special "fill up the ship" fares which may or may not be available when you want them, and which give you almost no flexibility or input into your stateroom. They must be paid in full up front, and do not allow for changes or cancellations. If something comes up and you have to cancel or change plans late in the game, IGT/OGT/VGT fares are very unforgiving.

If you have cash on hand, a good degree of flexibility and really aren't picky about your stateroom, IGT/OGT/VGT can be fantastic values. If you are at all picky about your stateroom and you want (or need) to pay over time, or if there is any chance at all you might need to change the date, it's best to book early.

For the most part, the IGT, OGT, & VGT fares are quite a bit less than the other prices at the time they are opened, but are usually more than opening day prices.

:cutie:

Exactly. The only offer that has been less than opening day was the DVC offer for the June cruises. If you want to cruise during an off time, then the prices won't go up as quickly because the ship doesn't sell as fast so waiting won't make much of a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter